It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian navy to intervene in South China Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The Indian navy is preparing to send navy ships to the disputed south china sea. Now this is could very easily get out of hand. China has marked the area as Chinese territory on its maps, and the region is full of gas/oil. Sometime back there was a clash of a Chinese and Indian naval vessel in the region, though no actual firing was done.
In the meantime China has threatened Phillipines, Vietnam, Taiwa, Australia et al. to stay out of the area and they are dead serious about it. A single shot fired can turn ugly very fast, with alliances being formed at this very moment and practise manouveres being undertaken as a preparation for the worst.

The decision to use the Indian Navy in the region comes days after Chinese state media announced that the southern Hainan province, which administers the South China Sea, approved laws giving its police the right to search vessels that pass through the waters.
India signed a pact with Vietnam in October last year to expand oil exploration in the South China Sea.
Although Beijing has urged New Delhi not to push ahead with the project for the sake of "peace and stability", the Admiral said that the Indian Navy was ready to support state energy firm ONGC and had carried out exercises in preparation

LINK

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Two emerging super powers will end up cancelling each other out, and be nothing but political pawns for the west to play with. I saw this coming a long time ago when both countries became major industrial players with large appetites for natural resources.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Kudos for that find

Have been ruminating since the China/India UFO flap.....
This is the first ive heard of the Indian/Vietnamese deal for oil explo.
Strikes me as a very similar situation to the Leviathan Gas fields off Cyprus....(currently held by two nations...
The Israelis have stepped into the very middle of that one in similar explo contracts....
China/India are too damn big to co-exist in a oil hungry century maybe?
Neither has much, and they are equal appetite buyers.....
The recent basing of the marines, in Australia, as well as other moves of strategic nature by the major players...
Including the Phillipines/China Confrontation, which still simmers.....
Looks like we have the makings for a real mess building up there.....
Good find....thanks!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you have even payed the slightest bit of attention in your high school world history class, then this event should come as no surprise. World powers will do what world powers will do. Key unnecessary saber rattling and regional paranoia. Oh humans...so fun to watch.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There has been shooting in the region in the past, and nothing came of it. Just because a shot is fired, doesn't mean WWIII is going to break out. The region is going to heat up, but maybe with an outside party intervening, things will calm down a little bit. I doubt it, but we can hope.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Thank you for sharing this interesting development. India sure has a lot of courage to put their neck out in this potential hostile environment, as you mentioned this could easily spiral into something much more serious considering that the US and Japan are active in the region and now India. China will not like this and they do seem pretty serious, in my opinion.

Personally I hope this is nothing more than more of the muscle flexing we have been seeing a whole lot of lately, I believe that these nations are trying to show their might and make it look that they are not weak.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Boy im sure sorry, but i scincerely doubt Chia is bluffing....
they are in real need to establish a fuel supply.......
The piecemeal prepping by the various parties is definately alarming......
Vietnam sure found themselves a big brother quickly enough.....
The situation is far from critical now, but the mills of the gods grind exceeding fine......
China/ India have been an unknown quantity and the definition is now getting much clearer dont you think?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
There has been shooting in the region in the past, and nothing came of it. Just because a shot is fired, doesn't mean WWIII is going to break out. The region is going to heat up, but maybe with an outside party intervening, things will calm down a little bit. I doubt it, but we can hope.

Exactly. None of them want a real conflict becuase it would benefit none of them. A show of force or even some small time shooting will will quickly trigger US intervention and allow eveyone to go home whil saving face. Although China and India in a naval battle would be interesting. They are faily evenly matched and niether has any real experience at it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
There were skirmishes there in the late 80's between China and Vietnam with the loss of a couple of Vietnamese's ships and in the early 90's, Malaysia's then Prime Minister had a great idea (Malaysia is a claimant too) : Don't send in any navy ships but send in some tourist ships cos the Chinese won't fire on the tourists and this seemed to diffuse the situations to status quo for some years until now.

Yeah, there'll be a good show for these two 2nd rate navies to fight it out and my money is on the Chinese because of proximity and India will surely runs back to mama UK and Papa USA for helps but are they game ?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Have a look at the articles listed on Reteurs front page at the moment. Tensions everywhere in the region.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
India won't be aggressive with China unless they know for certain that the U.S. and Europe will back them up.

On the Indo-Sino border, China has heavily fortified positions and tens of thousands of soldiers stationed. To the west, India faces Pakistan with 600,000 soldiers and some of the world's best intelligence agencies and quite a modern air force.

Both Pakistan and China are strategic allies (in an effort to box India in) and have promised an attack on one is an attack on the other. If India fought both of them it would be shattered into a thousand pieces.

I believe India is the pawn that the West will send to escalate tensions in the region. Then, when (if) war breaks out between both powers, the U.S. and Europe will send military aid to India and it's allies (Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan mainly) while Russia will send aid to China.

Any fight between these two powers (which can adapt to their losses and recover any casualties pretty quickly) is going to shatter Iran and, by extension, Syria.

The end game? Crush Iran and Syria without having to fire a single shot. Also postpone China and India's eventual economic dominance.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan
India won't be aggressive with China unless they know for certain that the U.S. and Europe will back them up.

On the Indo-Sino border, China has heavily fortified positions and tens of thousands of soldiers stationed. To the west, India faces Pakistan with 600,000 soldiers and some of the world's best intelligence agencies and quite a modern air force.

Both Pakistan and China are strategic allies (in an effort to box India in) and have promised an attack on one is an attack on the other. If India fought both of them it would be shattered into a thousand pieces.

I believe India is the pawn that the West will send to escalate tensions in the region. Then, when (if) war breaks out between both powers, the U.S. and Europe will send military aid to India and it's allies (Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan mainly) while Russia will send aid to China.

Any fight between these two powers (which can adapt to their losses and recover any casualties pretty quickly) is going to shatter Iran and, by extension, Syria.

The end game? Crush Iran and Syria without having to fire a single shot. Also postpone China and India's eventual economic dominance.

From what I heard you must be supporting Israel. Funny how it shatters Iran. I guess Mongolia wins again. I don't think it will postpone, but rather destroy.

join