It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian group apologizes to homosexuals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Now this really brightened up my day, its nice to see the nice side of religion for a change.
Don't really have much to say as the article speaks for itself so, enjoy

There may be a thread for this already as its quite old but I had a search and couldn't find one.

And a small challenge, for those who have a problem with homosexuality.
Is it your problem? Is it even your opinion? What brought you to those opinions and why.
Would be nice to see some personal opinions, not based on their religious views.
christian group apologizes to homosexuals

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Love the sinner, hate the sin. That was Jesus. He loved people. All people are sinners, every single one of us. Jesus loved us all anyway. Personally, I don't hate gays or "fear" them. Their actions disgust me though and I just wish they would keep their activities in the bedroom where they belong. Straight men dancing in their street in their underwear should be arrested for indecent exposure, gays should be treated exactly the same way. I oppose gay marriage because marriage is from God. Marriage is one man one woman. Everything that gays say they want they can already have through other means. Why the need to shove their "alternative lifestyle" down our throats? I don't give a damn what you do in your bedroom as long as it is between consenting adults, I just don't want to be exposed to it. God doesn't hate gays and neither do I. God hates homosexuality and I agree with him.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Love the sinner, hate the sin. That was Jesus. He loved people. All people are sinners, every single one of us. Jesus loved us all anyway. Personally, I don't hate gays or "fear" them. Their actions disgust me though and I just wish they would keep their activities in the bedroom where they belong. Straight men dancing in their street in their underwear should be arrested for indecent exposure, gays should be treated exactly the same way. I oppose gay marriage because marriage is from God. Marriage is one man one woman. Everything that gays say they want they can already have through other means. Why the need to shove their "alternative lifestyle" down our throats? I don't give a damn what you do in your bedroom as long as it is between consenting adults, I just don't want to be exposed to it. God doesn't hate gays and neither do I. God hates homosexuality and I agree with him.

Fair enough, although I did say
"Would be nice to see some personal opinions, not based on their religious views."

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Fair enough, although I did say
"Would be nice to see some personal opinions, not based on their religious views."

Just because my opinion agrees with my religion doesn't mean it was based on it. I had this opinion long before finding Christ. Maybe you missed it?

Personally, I don't hate gays or "fear" them. Their actions disgust me though and I just wish they would keep their activities in the bedroom where they belong. Straight men dancing in their street in their underwear should be arrested for indecent exposure, gays should be treated exactly the same way.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Love the sinner, hate the sin. That was Jesus. He loved people.

Actually, Gandhi said that. I don't know if Jesus loved the Pharisees and Saducees when he told them their father was the devil, or the money changers when he whipped them. But, whatever.

All people are sinners, every single one of us. Jesus loved us all anyway. Personally, I don't hate gays or "fear" them. Their actions disgust me though and I just wish they would keep their activities in the bedroom where they belong. Straight men dancing in their street in their underwear should be arrested for indecent exposure, gays should be treated exactly the same way.

WW Raw Wrestling behavior disgusts me. The Housewives of Wherever behavior disgusts me. The behavior of most politicians disgusts me, and intolerance and bigotry disgusts me.

You don't like to gay men expressing their sexuality but do mind it when the media and sports outlets exploit women's sexuality and put it in our faces? Why doesn't "Victoria Secrets" and "Sports Illustrated" just keep it in the bedroom where it belongs?

Women dancing in the streets in their bikinis, like cheerleaders, should be arrested for indecent exposure!

I oppose gay marriage because marriage is from God. Marriage is one man one woman.

Ahem, biblical polygamy anyone? Harems, unichs, handmaidens, slaves and concubines?

Everything that gays say they want they can already have through other means.

Except equality, respect and acceptance.

Why the need to shove their "alternative lifestyle" down our throats? I don't give a damn what you do in your bedroom as long as it is between consenting adults, I just don't want to be exposed to it. God doesn't hate gays and neither do I. God hates homosexuality and I agree with him.

You don't want to be exposed to sin? But the whole world is sinful and all men are sinners, according to you. Do you just want selectively choose what sin you see and what sin you don't see? How can you shield yourself from exposure to all the things that God hates?

How about adultery? Do you shield yourself from exposure to divorced and remarried people? How about people that are shacking up, do you and God hate that too? Prom dates that go all the way? How about the mechanic that charges you for a water pump that you didn't need? People that don't recycle their old batteries so they end up in landfills!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
holy book bible tells, men who have intercourse with men as with women need to be ashamed of it the rest of their lives. Women can't be gay.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

anything that comes out in the media regarding homosexuals is a ploy to get attention and/or money. that's why there has been a whole movement for homosexuals lately. its sad the thing people will do for attention and money.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
holy book bible tells, men who have intercourse with men as with women need to be ashamed of it the rest of their lives. Women can't be gay.

Oh boy, where to begin!

Woman can't be gay because:

God said that they are to be ruled by their husbands, because they sinned first.
Biblically, woman don't have a choice who their father will give them to, either in marriage or in slavery.
God told the Hebrews that they could take any virgin women they liked from the spoils of war, for themselves.
Women who are not virgins on their wedding night are to be stoned to death.

Women are the property of men, and their sexual preference doesn't matter.
Woman can be raped and get pregnant, therefore, God has willed male domination over women. Their choice is irrelevant.

As long as women are obedient and make sure that man has sandwiches, he doesn't care what they do with other women.
Women who belonged to large harems, who's husbands were away at war, could pleasure themselves, and it wasn't gay!
Female masturbation isn't forbidden in the Bible, so if one woman performs it upon another, it's cool, maybe hot!

Good news Lesbians! You're not sinning!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

What?
Women can't be gay? According to the bible they can...
Romans 1:26

26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Their actions disgust me though and I just wish they would keep their activities in the bedroom where they belong.

Just because you find something "disgusting" that doesn't mean that it should stay hidden. Many people find many different things "disgusting" if we listened to everyone there would be no freedom and it would probably be impossible to be comfortable. If you don't like it , turn away from it. You have eyes, you can just not look at them.

Straight men dancing in their street in their underwear should be arrested for indecent exposure, gays should be treated exactly the same way.

And how do you feel about half naked men and women dancing at public festivals? With their butts on the guy's "area" and they call that dancing? It is not just gay people that show "public displays" of their sexuality...

I oppose gay marriage because marriage is from God.

Lies. that is not the reality. Do some research on the history...

Marriage is one man one woman.

Lies. Gay marriage already exist so obviously it isn't only between a man and a woman. Also, polygamous marriage exist - and in the bible King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.

Everything that gays say they want they can already have through other means.

Really? They can't be married to the person they love and get the benefits that come with being married. So obviously that is another lie.

Why the need to shove their "alternative lifestyle" down our throats?

Next you should ask, why does reality shove itself down your throat - because that is all gay people represent - the fact that they exist. No one is FORCING straight people to become gay so the "Life Style" isn't forced...

The fact that gay people exist is the reality - if you don't like it too bad. That's life. In life you have the choice to stay away from things you don't like (most of the time).

I don't give a damn what you do in your bedroom as long as it is between consenting adults, I just don't want to be exposed to it.

I didn't know that gay people were having sex in the streets, although straight people do some obscene things in public...

God doesn't hate gays and neither do I. God hates homosexuality and I agree with him.

Good for you, you have someone to share your hate with.

edit on 3-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Actually, Gandhi said that. I don't know if Jesus loved the Pharisees and Saducees when he told them their father was the devil, or the money changers when he whipped them. But, whatever.

Yeah he did love them, but it didn't stop him from bringing judgement against them for their evils. The whole righteous God thing you know, chastise the bad kids, reward the good kids. The pharisees really got it rough, he cut them off from his light for eternity.
edit on 7-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join