It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"That Feeling" some of you are experience about Doomsday, the Government, and Dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hello,

First of all, please read to understand where I am coming from without passing judgement:

I am not the biggest poster on here, but I tend to read this site daily, half for entertainments sake / half to see what new stories are here. I am a believer in some things, and somethings I don't. I am neither here to agree or debunk most topics, but to educate, and more likely entertain myself. That being said.

I personally wanted so share that I believe many things people experience and share on here, are caused by being here. How many people read about all sorts of interesting topics, and then go to sleep with them fresh on you mind? I know personally I read this site while sitting i bed with the lights off next to my wife sometimes. Is it really that strange that i have a vivid dream of an alien, or doomsday, or psychic conversation with a tree?

Ofcourse reading about doomsday causes you to feel like something is "going to happen". Maybe I'm wrong, but how many of us here after 9/11 couldn't turn off the news after 9/11 waiting for the next shoe to drop? It's the same effect. You constantly read about something that is in reality horrible (most of the conspiracies here, doomsday, 9/11, the government, etc. While some of it has seeds of truth (at the least) the anxiety it makes you feel is real, and it becomes your reality.

Things are not getting that much worse. I had a length conversation with a co-worker, the big difference is we are more informed. Throughout history the government has done it's "dirty" deeds, the newspapers have been controlled, etc. The difference is, we have had an alternate media (the net) to discuss things "They" don't want to be discussed in public. They have lost control of the information flow. Everything else, the way things work, in America, has stayed the same. Look at the greatest leaders in history of this country, most of them have done some of the worst things America has done. Say the president, i'm sure someone else can tell you the Dirty Deed.

Anywho, I'm babbling, but wanted to share.

Also, in 2013, be careful. Understand something for me. The internet is an open canvas. Just understand, nothing is private, and stay on the right side of the line.

Thanx much

Vaedur.

Note: I'm sharing this because i go though this personally.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Vaedur because: Wrote my name twice.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Vaedur because: added last note

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sounds like your trying to deal with some major anxiety right now. It's ok breath things are changing rapidly, and it's not because we are more informed. I think once you get passed the fear you settle into the reality of our world. Privacy is a thing of the past, we are becoming more hostile toward one another, people are divided, god is dead in most of the western world, Americans are becoming dumber and fatter, we no longer eat real food, censorship dominates public discourse, the economy is shot, we are less secure and the future has never looked so uncertain. This site is the reason for waking you up and that's so you can prepare your mind, body and soul.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur

. . . many things people experience and share on here, are caused by being here.

Excellent insight. Well-stated and very true.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maeven23
Sounds like your trying to deal with some major anxiety right now. It's ok breath things are changing rapidly, and it's not because we are more informed. I think once you get passed the fear you settle into the reality of our world. Privacy is a thing of the past, we are becoming more hostile toward one another, people are divided, god is dead in most of the western world, Americans are becoming dumber and fatter, we no longer eat real food, censorship dominates public discourse, the economy is shot, we are less secure and the future has never looked so uncertain. This site is the reason for waking you up and that's so you can prepare your mind, body and soul.

You have a point, but....

The food we eat has not been real food for a long long time. Just a different ways. Just think how long everything has been processed.
I don't see how we are less secure. We have had nothing happen since 9/11 which was a long time ago. Shooting and whatnot have always happened.
Censor ship has always dominated public discourse. We just have a realitively new way of expressing it, the internet, which is being put in line with the way the news media has been since ww2. Controlled by coperations who have interests, which are also controlling the government officials. It's been like this way since before we were on this earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
once again naivete and wishful thinking takes center stage

contrary to your theory, you do not come on here for 'entertainment'; why are you not going on 'celibrities are us' instead..

you come here because you want answers or at least to find others who are going through the same thing

how nice and convenient it would be for some to believe that 'everything is as it always has been'; that way, you can still watch 'the game' on new years with salami and cheese and lots of bud and make plans for that summer vacation

it is sad that even still some do not want to see where this is all headed; really, after all this time? you really think we 'manifest' everything and anything?

there are other things in play right now, i would suggest you stop hiding under the covers and pay attention

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
S + F !!

Yes, this site creates a lot of anxiety, but it also opens people up to a lot of possibilities.

I've lost a lot of friends, and made a lot of others through my journey in and out of conspiracies.

Overall, I wouldn't change the years I've spent here for anything else. If anything, it makes me that much more of a unique person.

I'm one who wants to look at all angles, rather than just the bright and shiny ones. I choose to keep the darkness of the world within me, but that's just someone with strong introverted feeling speaking here.

I do think, however, that this site is loaded up with a ton of outlandish judgments, assumptions not in evidence, and outright con-artists who just want to mind-funk a lot of poor souls.

So be weary, members of ATS. The world is overall getting better and better as the decades go by, yet we are at a crossroads...a crisis stage...at the same time as many amazing discoveries and inventions are coming to the front... we must remain vigilante, but not lose our spirit and sense of humanity in the process.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by julia53

Everything is as it has always been, in every way, good and evil. Every day people get born, and every day people die. Countless personal apocalypses happen every day, unnoticed by the most, because they're just not concerned.

I payed attention, and, looking back on my three and a half years on this board (and even further to the late nineties, when I prepared for Y2K and the Installation of the New World Order) - I can't remember how many doomsdays were announced and then came and passed without anything significant happening.

Oh, of course, the end is nigh! Well, it always was, and it will always be.

The end was nigh 250 Million years ago, when earth's largest extinction in history killed about 96 % of all marine life and 70 % of life on land.

And it will be nigh in about 5 billion years, when the sun will do her last breath.

The end is always nigh. Our lifes can end every moment.

Every moment I can choke on a brezel, get hit by a car or a comet, or die because of a heart-attack because I was so afraid of the NWO, of extra-dimensional Aliens in D.U.M.B.s or that the T.V. series "The Walking Dead" could be canceled soon.

I'm tired of being afraid. And by letting my fears go, I realize... there's nothing to fear.

Not really...

Enjoy your life. Look at the flowers. Even in Winter you can find some. They are beautiful.

And as long as there's a sun, there will be flowers.

And finally, when the sun does her last breath, she will do it like dandelion. For that there will be flowers again.

There is no end, not really...

edit on 8/12/12 by Peloquin because: grammar. english isn't my first language.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by julia53

Everything is as it has always been, in every way, good and evil. Every day people get born, and every day people die. Countless personal apocalypses happen every day, unnoticed by the most, because they're just not concerned.

I payed attention, and, looking back on my three and a half years on this board (and even further to the late nineties, when I prepared for Y2K and the Installation of the New World Order) - I can't remember how many doomsdays were announced and then came and passed without anything significant happening.

Oh, of course, the end is nigh! Well, it always was, and it will always be.

The end was nigh 250 Million years ago, when earth's largest extinction in history killed about 96 % of all marine life and 70 % of life on land.

And it will be nigh in about 5 billion years, when the sun will do her last breath.

The end is always nigh. Our lifes can end every moment.

Every moment I can choke on a brezel, get hit by a car or a comet, or die because of a heart-attack because I was so afraid of the NWO, of extra-dimensional Aliens in D.U.M.B.s or that the T.V. series "The Walking Dead" could be canceled soon.

I'm tired of being afraid. And by letting my fears go, I realize... there's nothing to fear.

Not really...

Enjoy your life. Look at the flowers. Even in Winter you can find some. They are beautiful.

And as long as there's a sun, there will be flowers.

And finally, when the sun does her last breath, she will do it like dandelion. For that there will be flowers again.

There is no end, not really...

edit on 8/12/12 by Peloquin because: grammar. english isn't my first language.

well okay pollyanna, and yes, actually i not only know where the flowers are in winter, but also the things i could dig for to eat if need be..

getting better...for whom exactly? see, i haven't been here for long and hardly come here except to read once in awhile, so i do not feel i am 'influenced' by all the 'dommsday' or conspiracy threads..probably because i am not too interested, i come here because i am an experiencer and look for others

that being said, to actually believe that the world today 'is as it has always been' is like a child seeing a bubble for the firs time..of course it is a bubble, but what is it made of? that's what i am talking about. are you really looking underneath to see where that soap came from?

and regardless even of that--this is the grey area, i believe. now anyone who has spent any time here has to have gleamed that the 'activity' whether paranormal or visitor related has increased quite dramatically. i do not know how old you are, but perhaps you live in your own bubble and have not seen what was going on much; that's okay, but i would advise you to peek out now and then so as not to be too surprised when life does not continue 'as it always has'

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by julia53

I have to assume you missed my point.

Indeed, everything is as it has always been.

Maybe you should read some books of Jaques Vallée, and then you might realize, that what you experienced, in fact isn't something new.

They've always been here.

Since the earliest days of mankind.

Today we call them "aliens".

In past times we called them "elves", "fairies", "gnomes", "goblins" etc.

I find them quite fascinating. As I find everything fascinating. That whole drama, that started with the booster deternation we call "Big Bang".

And I find it comforting, that in the end, everything will be fine. That we'll never get lost.

There's just one direction, where we can go:

Home.

When I calm down; when my thoughts come to rest, then I know, that I'm already at home.

edit on 8/12/12 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join