It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'True Blood' town evacuated after 6 million lbs. of explosives found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxclaro

There are many different rounds, HE, Lumination. etc,,, But the brass is the same for all.

All of the brass comes preloaded with 7 bags of powder connected by a cord.

When FDC comes down with a fire mission, you select the correct projectile, pull out the excess bags and drop the round on the brass. This way the gun cheif knows the charge is right by just looking at it. He cuts the cord and tosses the extra bags.

The fuses are different too, many different fuses.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

I am curious to why they had so much at one place? Seems you would not just make the stuff to have it sit around waiting to go off. Are they waiting for a trade deal with another country to go through? And if so what are they wanting to do with it? The article say "The owners reportedly are returning Monday from a business trip to South Korea" so are things about to heat up? And who can forget that Jill Kelly who was mixed up with General Petraues was a Honorary Consular to South Korea.

news.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Camp Minden was an Army ammunition plant since World War II. The whole area has underground and aboveground munitions and explosives storage. While this one individual site may have had issues, munitions storage is more the norm than the exception here. Explosions occur at Minden at least once a year. Nothing nefarious here.
Just kind of a dumb place to film a tv show..
edit on 3-12-2012 by SELAboy because: edited out the key to the conspiracy

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatIsReal
reply to post by JBA2848

That is awful. I was planning to visit New Orleans this month. Is it safe? The thought of explosives is very frightening. I had no idea something like this would go on in the crescent city. Do they know what the explosives were for? If people are evacuating it makes me hesitant to visit. I can't go over this.

Minden is about 5 hours from New Orleans. What you need to worry about there is getting shot or robbed. The only explosions there come from handguns.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Seems the owner of the company Explo Systems Inc David Fincher has already paid off the person who would be in charge of over sight and investigations back in 2009.

images.nictusa.com...

He donated $2400 to this guy. David Vitter.

en.wikipedia.org...

Committee assignments
Committee on Armed Services
Subcommittee on Personnel
Subcommittee on SeaPower
Subcommittee on Strategic Forces
(Ranking Member) Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
Subcommittee on Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
Subcommittee on Science and Space (Ranking Member)
Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety and Security
Committee on Environment and Public Works Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
(Ranking Member) Subcommittee on Oversight
Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship

So a wealthy industrialist contributed campaign money to his state's senators!?! You've cracked the whole conspiracy! I'm willing to bet the same crack investigative work may uncover similar plots in other states. Perhaps all 50!?!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
www.ndia.org... _Groups/Industrial_Committee_of_Ammunition_Producers/ICAP%20Sector%20Listing%20-%20020810.pdf

Industrial Committee of Ammunition Producers ICAP Constituency Listing by Sector ICAP Sector
Sector Representative Demilitarization David Fincher, Explo Systems 2-11

So the guy was a Demilitarization Sector Representative for ICAP / NDIA. So he was not a nobody.

Here is the last event for 2011 global demilitarization symposium and exhibition that he attended. And I guess it shows how ended up in South Korea when the town his company is in was evacuated because of his careless storage of explosives.

tpm.dac.army.mil...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

How close is this to the sink hole?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Long ways apart.
Sink hole.
goo.gl...

Explo Systems
goo.gl...
edit on 3-12-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting. Did anyone else note the National Guard training area in the same location? Plus, what, exactly, is "demilitarizing" explosives? For what purpose? Something is seriously off with this one.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
LMAO 6 million pounds of explosives...the concussion alone would be enough to level half the city, or all of it, thats alot of TNT.
edit on 4-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Last I read on the mainstream news, it was the irresponsibility of a munitions contracting company...
And they haphazardly, and irresponsibility handled the arsenal they were charged to protect...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Some folks believe there is no conspiracy going on relevant to this Camp Minden mess...nothing nefarious going on. Perhaps that is correct. However, it is concerning when such problems occur to locals that they are advised to leave their homes...when a B-52 at the nearby AFB has an "incident" involving confusion relevant to their "cargo"...when the fracking companies here do not have to reveal the contents of their toxic cocktail that they use near our homes....same with the Corexit mix used in the gulf. It is concerning that some of the Minden "product" is being trucked to Arkansas...one thinks of how prudent that move is when the New Madrid area is involved. Maybe none of that does mean anything but it sure gives one pause for thought.

It feels like the Chinese have wished that we here in Louisiana live in "interesting times" anyway.

The True Blood folks have taught us how to handle scoundrels and evil doers, 2 legged and 4 legged ones too...we have plenty of silver bullets and wooden ones on hand. Folks with bushy tails and pointy teeth, nefarious conspirators...need to go elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
reply to post by JBA2848

Some folks believe there is no conspiracy going on relevant to this Camp Minden mess...nothing nefarious going on. Perhaps that is correct. However, it is concerning when such problems occur to locals that they are advised to leave their homes...when a B-52 at the nearby AFB has an "incident" involving confusion relevant to their "cargo"...when the fracking companies here do not have to reveal the contents of their toxic cocktail that they use near our homes....same with the Corexit mix used in the gulf. It is concerning that some of the Minden "product" is being trucked to Arkansas...one thinks of how prudent that move is when the New Madrid area is involved. Maybe none of that does mean anything but it sure gives one pause for thought.
*snip*

What is that about a B-52? Sounds like a very interesting case! Was that connected to the National Guard site at this location? I have to agree, though; something smells fishy in this situation! Not sure what, but something. I can't believe this was some simple error.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Contrary to popular believe and the things you see and hear on the news and everywhere. They really don't know what the funk there doing and no doubt tried to cut expenses and corners as usual really who knows why they pay for all that # that they never use, but then again they don't really pay for it, that's what tax payers are for.
No doubt they will blow it up or just dig a whole and put it all underground and call it good. I suppose there just are not enough wars to use all the munitions created on, I suppose they got to do something with it to justify creating it all in the first place, and it seems Louisiana is like a dumping ground for all kinds of # though.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by JBA2848

This is the American gov we're talking about here. My money's on sheer and total neglect of duty on the part of the Army, as well as the corporation that was contracted to formulate said explosives.

I beg to differ. US Army and other organizations have a record of great care and diligence when disposing of ordinance. Of course there are salient exception, but they are not the rule.

This deficiency is specifically in the hands of Explosystems, a company which is the purview of David P. Fincher. My research indicates that this company was created in 2001; that Fincher (and apparently his wife?) are executives in what has been characterized in "management consulting," yet they have a specific business activity... distilling TNT out of surplus or waste explosives which they obviously are procuring from the military.

Now this 'veteran' owned company must have leveraged their military associations into a business venture (last i checked their worth about $3 million.)

Of course, since any oversight and regulation would "harm" this small business, it is clear they were presumed to be responsible enough to properly handle and store the material.... perhaps they were 'cutting corners'... I can't say with any certainty... to do so would be outright speculation.

I do however, find it interesting that last year Explosystems brought a complaint against the awarding of a contract to dispose of explosives to General Dynamics... as they alleged Explosystems was wrongly excluded from the bidding based on some technical finagling of the dollar adjustments common to the "process."

Shortly thereafter... here we are.

Since these are prominent contributors for political players like Senator David Bruce Vitter, the junior United States Senator from Louisiana; I expect there will be intervention of some kind in the matter.

Needless to say there is room for many conspiracy angles here... the most enticing of which is that outfits like these, as well as General Dynamics may be an opportunity for the "loss" of weapons-grade material into the black market.... but that's just silly, no?

edit on 3-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

Excellent summery with plenty to dig my teeth into, the first thing I thought was black market.
I bet this story fizzles out over time, you wouldn't risk leaving that much explosives stored the way they were so I imagine they were to be moved soon unless ofcourse it's a big setup within itself or a lucky whistleblower. Either way nothing will come from this unless it's supposed to.

If these shells/explosives were actually supposed to get shipped out illegally I am really suprised they have surfaced like this, the US are excellent at stock control when it comes to military ordinance and such, not suprising though as they are one of if not the biggest player in the black markets

Very Interesting
S + F OP

Thanks
edit on 4-12-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Sounds more like stocking up and police busting someone for doing something constitutional.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
There level of incompetence have left me
Speechless.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
6 million pounds of explosive material used in howitzers they say was stored illegally.

Stored illegally? So, how would one store that legally? Obviously they were trying to plan something VERY illegal. And why identify True Blood unless the show was actually involved in this? Or is that some way of putting the town on the map? Either way...scary stuff. Glad they found it before something really bad could have happened. My guess is whoever was behind this, had something in mind for Dec 21....but that's just a wild guess.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting. Did anyone else note the National Guard training area in the same location? Plus, what, exactly, is "demilitarizing" explosives? For what purpose? Something is seriously off with this one.

Demilling explosives is necessary for explosives that aren't used. Otherwise you are more likely to get what happened in October - an explosion that naive people link to UFO activity, fracking, or the NWO.

The site was an Army Munitions Plant for decades which had to be decommisioned as an official army base. It is very common for these former regular Army bases to be turned over to a state's National Guard, especially in a disaster prone state like Louisiana. The military infrastructure is already in place. The on site military contractors can still operate since the Guard is DOD (moreso than ever now). After Katrina, Louisiana saw the need to operate out of more bases across the state rather than concentrate operations in one or 2 posts in the Southern portion which gets direct hurricane hits on a regular basis.

It is just irresponsible contractors thinking they can get away with cutting corners because they are politically connected. And, in the end, after a slap on the wrist and a fine that will be reimbursed via state tax credits, they likely will get away with it. So yes, in that regard,something is seriously off.

Or this is a conspiracy connected to South Korea, David Vitter, the producers of True Blood, and the Reptilians from Alpha Draconis.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SELAboy

Reptilians from Alpha Draconis I guess that would explain the first answers they gave on the explosion.

arklatexhomepage.com...

Residents in Bossier and Webster are reporting a loud explosion. Webster Parish Officials say they currently believe it was a meteor north of Minden shortly before 11:30 PM Monday. According to people near Doyline and Minden their houses shook knocking pictures off the walls. There is also reports of a fireball after the explosion. The Sheriff's office has informed us that everything is under control and no risk to the public. No word on exact location as of this hour.

It was Reptilians landing.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm gobsmacked.
Does this mean the 2012 end of the world thing has been cancelled?
Well thats good news.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join