It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'True Blood' town evacuated after 6 million lbs. of explosives found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's what I don't get . . . they basically stay this stuff was stored all over the place willy-nilly . . . how secure is that?

If I take the wrong sized tube of toothpaste through the TSA screening point, I spend the next two hours getting 'third-knuckled' by some mouth-breathing, minmum-wage earning moron who was too stupid to be a real cop, yet a couple gazillion pounds of this stuff is just lying around for pretty much anyone to scoop up . . . .

What the HELL is that??????

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Damn!

6 million pounds of explosives!

That sure would have came in handy for the zombie apocalypse.

Considering how heavily regulated explosives are lot of illegal procurement going on.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Here's what I don't get . . . they basically stay this stuff was stored all over the place willy-nilly . . . how secure is that?

It's the American business system. Make as much as possible, spend as little as possible.

Gripe if someone like the government limits how to run the business if it is a hazard to other people.
edit on 12/3/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
if you take this news report plus
the explosion a couple months ago plus
the proximity to a nuclear bomber base plus
the proximity to december 21st plus
the CIA moving to Denver plus
NORAD being in a mountain plus
HAARP beaming energy to the moon bases for storage to support the colonies we have there plus
hurricane Sandy plus
Francis Gary Powers being shot down plus
the hostages being released by the Iranians after 444 days

We have proof that anything ambiguously ambiguous can be linked to something unambiguously ambiguous for the sake of arbitrarily supporting an unproven ambiguity!

I think my webcam just turned itself on, gotta go...

If a small business gets a large contract, larger than they are capable of properly handling, you will get a situation like this. The lack of control and oversight on the part of Explo, as shown by this article, lends credence to the story that the October explosion was caused by putting too much explosive into too small of a space.

I guess we'll find out someday, or not.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Two words: Criminal Negligence.

Methinks Mr. and Mrs. CEO of Explo might be in some deep dookie.

Does anyone know what the actual explosive force would be if 6,000,000 pounds of M6 exploded all at once?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm kind of getting bored of all this blame which members are placing on the American government as well as talking about 'the next false flag'. Has it occurred to those people that this ammunition was probably stored in order for easy access to be gained by the army incase of an emergency? Not every story about ammunition and where it is stored is a conspiracy theory. If the ammunition has been stored in unacceptable conditions then the contractors who managed the massive stock of ammunition should be brought to court.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I'm kind of getting bored of all this blame which members are placing on the American government as well as talking about 'the next false flag'. Has it occurred to those people that this ammunition was probably stored in order for easy access to be gained by the army incase of an emergency? Not every story about ammunition and where it is stored is a conspiracy theory. If the ammunition has been stored in unacceptable conditions then the contractors who managed the massive stock of ammunition should be brought to court.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

How is the local and federal gov not to blame.
This material was being stored on a gov. installation.
When the explosion took place a couple weeks back there were fires that burnt all night and a massive explosion went unnoticed just as millions of pounds of explosive material improperly stored went unnoticed.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
wow, that much of this stuff was bought and paid for, and NEVER used....wow. Wonder how much it costs the army to buy it and then pay to get rid of it?

It probably costs them a few billion on paper, and a few million in reality, thereby allowing all the excess to be pumped into black projects, or just into the pockets of whichever member of government a corporation paid off to get the contract.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Did anyone notice the name of the company? Explo Systems? Explo lmao......

I got a pretty good kick out of that too...

Explo - sions Inc.

The real life ACME corp haha

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I beg to differ. US Army and other organizations have a record of great care and diligence when disposing of ordinance. Of course there are salient exception, but they are not the rule.

This is very true, corps don't have close to the precision and attention to safety that the military does for its country or employees.

Highly drilled, regimented, respectful are terms the military has to its name, corps are more about selfish individuals corned with "when do i get to go home and when will i get a pay raise". money money money and no respect.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm a newbie from Shreveport, Louisiana (North West Louisiana). I live about 10 miles away from Camp Minden. I wanted to inform folks that the evacuation of the town near the camp, called Doyline, has been extended. When this all started being reported, the amount of "product" was supposed to be some thousands of pounds...then it changed to one million pounds...now we are being told it is 6 million pounds of explosives.

What kinda oversight do they have there...the local news stories/websites, keep changing info like no one really knows what is really going on. The SCARY part to residents is that the "product" has been miscounted/misplaced and improperly stored for so long. Coupled with the recent explosion there in Oct., folks are on edge. There were supposed to be 2 news conferences relevant to the explosion and both were canceled.

Worst dealy yet, the card board containers may be degraded and more unstable for moving...and storms/lightning is being mentioned for the area for early in the week. Not having a "warm" fuzzy feeling around here. Also, a local woman here in NW La. has stated that her yard/swamp/woods area is having a "bubbling" problem as well...sinkhole for our area forming as well??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Sounds like everyone is preparing the pacific as a battle ground.....(see recent thread)
Are we going into planning far beyond the middle east?
What is driving the absolute rush to arms? Are they planning for expansion of the mid east conflict?
or are they trying to divert some of the forces involved in it?
Ie China, India , Koreas etc...??
That aside, the shear quantity of this stockpile, stinks of some kind of illegality in its procurment ....
How was this company able to purchase or contract to dispose of such a vast quantity?
The Lawsuit indicating they wanted even more of the stuff?
Theres something rotten here that smells real bad to my olfactory system!
Can you say COVER UP? id bet somebody is scrambling to hide the details right now.....
If you are provoking a war, first provide the combatants with enough fire power to sufficiently degrade each other.....then neither becomes a future threat...

I don't think you understand just how much munitions our government has in stockpiles.

If we were using Korean war era rounds in the 90's, how much do you think was produced between the time?

They don't have to have a specific threat to make munitions, they just keep making them.

Our leaders buy in bulk.

We are still using purple hearts from WW2 because in anticipation of an invasion of Japan they ordered 500,000 of them.

So if a soldier gets injured tommorow he is being awarded a medal thats physically 70 years old.
edit on 3-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Get out of Louisiana! Find a way, move and never return....that's instinct...
and honestly I understand if moving is not possible....that's mundane reality...
Thanks for the inside knowledge!! Stay Safe!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
wow, that much of this stuff was bought and paid for, and NEVER used....wow. Wonder how much it costs the army to buy it and then pay to get rid of it?

It probably costs them a few billion on paper, and a few million in reality, thereby allowing all the excess to be pumped into black projects, or just into the pockets of whichever member of government a corporation paid off to get the contract.

You nailed it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thanks for the update

Now go hide under the kitchen table or get out while you can.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
I'm a newbie from Shreveport, Louisiana (North West Louisiana). I live about 10 miles away from Camp Minden. I wanted to inform folks that the evacuation of the town near the camp, called Doyline, has been extended. When this all started being reported, the amount of "product" was supposed to be some thousands of pounds...then it changed to one million pounds...now we are being told it is 6 million pounds of explosives.

I would have thought the government or military would have a record somewhere of exactly how much explosive chemicals are being produced and stored from any manufacturer, seems its not only unknown but no one thinks to perhaps, audit these corporations from time to time to check this stuff....

I wonder what else we all down know about in other places, like perhaps some toxic waste here, or some dangerous chemicals there a sprinkle of active uranium?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Also, a few days ago, a local news video had a sheriff on there stating that some of the "product" is being shipped by "private contractor" truck haulers to Arkansas. I imagine/hope with police/military excorts. I wonder why some of it is going to an area more relevant to the New Madrid location. Locating it to a state not so near the NMZ would seem more prudent I would think. Yet, if that fault goes off, I guess that wouldn't make much difference.

This area, (North West Louisiana) seems to be having too many "screw ups" relevant to things that go "boom". Camp Minden is not far from the infamous AFB Barksdale where a few years back that B-52 had an "incident" involving a "product" that goes "boom" as well.

I may as well send my cat to take charge at Camp Minden as it really seems like a "mickey mouse" operation there. I'm not putting blame on anyone in particular but someone should be held accountable eventually. I heard/felt the explosion from the camp in Oct. and it was scary. Two weeks ago, late at nite, hubby and I heard 2 loud, explosion sounds and called local "officials" but no one seemed to know the cause.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Incredible story, that seems to be quite an odd amount to find in one place as well. Somebody must relay hate True Blood

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
I/m not all into that whole "False Flag" situation either, but this had me thinking. If this had gone off hours after NK had launched their missile, how do you think the US would have reacted? How quickly do you think certain law makers would claim that we were attacked? How many people would have agreed with these law makers?

I think this could have been a "False Flag" event that got interupted, but wait there's more:
From CNN

The Pentagon and the intelligence community are scouring classified and commercial imagery of the site and have not firmly concluded that North Korea is planning to launch a long-range rocket, a senior U.S. military official said.

Odd isn't it?

Originally posted by Biigs
This is very true, corps don't have close to the precision and attention to safety that the military does for its country or employees.

Highly drilled, regimented, respectful are terms the military has to its name, corps are more about selfish individuals corned with "when do i get to go home and when will i get a pay raise". money money money and no respect.
So how do you look at the US Marine Corps. ? (I'm only kidding)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
they could have just dumped it in the ocean in international waters. it'll just dissipate and problem solved.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join