It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'True Blood' town evacuated after 6 million lbs. of explosives found

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

'True Blood' town evacuated after 6 million lbs. of explosives found

news.msn.com

NEW ORLEANS — A town in northwest Louisiana was being evacuated and state police were starting a criminal investigation of a company after finding about 6 million pounds of explosive material used in howitzers they say was stored illegally.

Boxes and small barrels of the M6 artillery propellant were found both outdoors and crammed into unauthorized buildings leased by Explo Systems Inc. at Camp Minden, the former Louisiana Army Ammunitions Plant, state police superintendent Col. Mike Edmonson said Sunday.

Police were evacuating the town of Doyline, about 270 miles northwest of New Orle
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am curious to why they had so much at one place? Seems you would not just make the stuff to have it sit around waiting to go off. Are they waiting for a trade deal with another country to go through? And if so what are they wanting to do with it? The article say "The owners reportedly are returning Monday from a business trip to South Korea" so are things about to heat up? And who can forget that Jill Kelly who was mixed up with General Petraues was a Honorary Consular to South Korea.

news.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Somebody has blown the lid on the next false flag operation

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is a place that disposes of old ordinance for the armed forces.

The location was the scene of a major explosion not long ago: ATS Thread: LA Explosion

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

This is the American gov we're talking about here. My money's on sheer and total neglect of duty on the part of the Army, as well as the corporation that was contracted to formulate said explosives.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
wow, that much of this stuff was bought and paid for, and NEVER used....wow. Wonder how much it costs the army to buy it and then pay to get rid of it?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
think they will set off a controlled detonation or actually attempt to remove the explosives, because that would be one massive bang, equates to something like 3,000 kiloton nuke!!!!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by JBA2848

This is the American gov we're talking about here. My money's on sheer and total neglect of duty on the part of the Army, as well as the corporation that was contracted to formulate said explosives.

I beg to differ. US Army and other organizations have a record of great care and diligence when disposing of ordinance. Of course there are salient exception, but they are not the rule.

This deficiency is specifically in the hands of Explosystems, a company which is the purview of David P. Fincher. My research indicates that this company was created in 2001; that Fincher (and apparently his wife?) are executives in what has been characterized in "management consulting," yet they have a specific business activity... distilling TNT out of surplus or waste explosives which they obviously are procuring from the military.

Now this 'veteran' owned company must have leveraged their military associations into a business venture (last i checked their worth about $3 million.)

Of course, since any oversight and regulation would "harm" this small business, it is clear they were presumed to be responsible enough to properly handle and store the material.... perhaps they were 'cutting corners'... I can't say with any certainty... to do so would be outright speculation.

I do however, find it interesting that last year Explosystems brought a complaint against the awarding of a contract to dispose of explosives to General Dynamics... as they alleged Explosystems was wrongly excluded from the bidding based on some technical finagling of the dollar adjustments common to the "process."

Shortly thereafter... here we are.

Since these are prominent contributors for political players like Senator David Bruce Vitter, the junior United States Senator from Louisiana; I expect there will be intervention of some kind in the matter.

Needless to say there is room for many conspiracy angles here... the most enticing of which is that outfits like these, as well as General Dynamics may be an opportunity for the "loss" of weapons-grade material into the black market.... but that's just silly, no?

edit on 3-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looking at this complaint filed by Explo Systems, Inc against General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Inc getting a contract they say they should of got. They might have stepped on the wrong toes. And the company General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Inc is based out of St. Petersburg, Florida where Jill Kelly and General Petraeus are both at.

PDF
www.gao.gov...

Explo Systems, Inc., a HUBZone small business contractor, of Minden, Louisiana, protests the award of a contract to General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Inc., (GD-OTS), a large business in St. Petersburg, Florida, under request for proposals (RFP) No. W52P1J-10-R-0060, issued by the Department of the Army for the demilitarization and disposal of eight families of conventional ammunition. The protester argues that the Army failed to apply the HUBZone price evaluation preference in favor of Explo and improperly evaluated the awardee's proposal. We sustain in part, and deny in part, the protest.

Website.
www.gao.gov...=summary

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the name of the company? Explo Systems? Explo lmao......

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Pictures from the explosion in October at this place.

www.ktbs.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

That's a concrete floor in the bunker that you can see cracked wide open in that third pic.

Looks like that was a nasty explosion.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That thread about the explosion they had a few months ago was amazing, and in my opinion the truth of what happened never came out. Very interesting update to the situation that a town near there is now being evacuated, and the same company is accused of illegally storing SIX MILLION POUNDS OF explosives? I would love to know what's really happening here.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Did anyone notice the name of the company? Explo Systems? Explo lmao......

Yeah, this was the first thing I thought of when I saw the name of that company:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/io50bcea72.png[/atsimg]

Sounds like the company execs have a "Wile E. Coyote" level of competence, to boot, lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What were they gona do with all that TNT they distilled from the ammunition.....??
Guncotton= cottonbatten with a dose of nitric acid poured over it.....basically......a very primitive form of explosive id think...?
Has the explosive formula for large ordinance changed so little since WW1?
Or just how dated is the stuff?
From wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Couldnt have put it better but now everyone knows the location.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seems they are planning a build up in South Korea.

csis.org...

Recommendation Three  Implement the U.S.-Korea Strategic Alliance 2015, but with the following caveats: o Track progress toward and adjust schedules for Operational Control (OPCON) transition and Combined Forces Command (CFC) dissolution via demonstrated achievement of scheduled actions and command and control arrangements (including possible mutually agreed to changes in supported-supporting relationships) and major changes in threat and conditions; and o Examine the option of replacing current U.S. ground combat units in Korea with rotations of trained and ready mechanized infantry, full combat artillery and aviation (including previously moved squadrons) brigades (with Eighth Army, 2nd Infantry Division, and the 210 artillery brigade headquarters permanently forward). The review should consider the impact on readiness, overall cost, and more robust capability.

Recommendation Four
 Add additional capabilities to PACOM:
o Station one or more additional attack submarines in Guam to provide a critical
advantage in an A2AD environment;
o Deploy a second amphibious ready group (ARG) from the Atlantic to the Pacific to fill lift and maneuver shortfalls for the Marines; o Increase stockpiles of critical ammunition and weapons and replenish and upgrade prepositioned equipment and supplies; o Expand the use of U.S. Marines to develop and refine expeditionary defense capabilities with key allies and partners; and o Focus near-term investments in survivability of forward deployed forces.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
What were they gona do with all that TNT they distilled from the ammunition.....??
Guncotton= cottonbatten with a dose of nitric acid poured over it.....basically......a very primitive form of explosive id think...?
Has the explosive formula for large ordinance changed so little since WW1?
Or just how dated is the stuff?
From wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

It's not actual guncotton, it's concentrated in pellet form.

Artillary shells do not contain powder like civilian gun ammo. The shells have 7 bags of pellets and the fire mission determines how many bags to use.

Short range might only be a charge 3 (3 bags) while a long range shot would need all 7.

When I was in we dug holes behind each gun and at the end of the day we just burned the bags we had removed from the shells. I have no idea what they do now, but it wouldn't shock me to hear they can't burn it anymore.

In the 90's we were still shooting rounds that were produced during the Korean war,
edit on 3-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

It seems over the weekend some robbers did a knock and greet in evacuated Doyline. The owner opened fire with a shotgun hitting the subject in the upper body after they attempted to break in the back door. It never stops to amaze me how low down thugs can be. This home owner doesnt call 911 at least not first!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sounds like everyone is preparing the pacific as a battle ground.....(see recent thread)
Are we going into planning far beyond the middle east?
What is driving the absolute rush to arms? Are they planning for expansion of the mid east conflict?
or are they trying to divert some of the forces involved in it?
Ie China, India , Koreas etc...??
That aside, the shear quantity of this stockpile, stinks of some kind of illegality in its procurment ....
How was this company able to purchase or contract to dispose of such a vast quantity?
The Lawsuit indicating they wanted even more of the stuff?
Theres something rotten here that smells real bad to my olfactory system!
Can you say COVER UP? id bet somebody is scrambling to hide the details right now.....
If you are provoking a war, first provide the combatants with enough fire power to sufficiently degrade each other.....then neither becomes a future threat...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join