Dish Earth Camera Taken over by NASA, No more public viewing !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I don't buy in to any 2012 "End of the World" stuff.

However, the timing on this seems very curious.

If you never saw Dish Earth ch. 288 on Dish here are a couple examples.

I loved this channel with it's beautiful view of our Earth.

Now when I go to the ch, It's just says NASA.

Is this just by chance NASA took over the Echo Star Camera?

Or, am I just looking for a Conspiracy?

Thoughts or any additional information?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That's pretty cool, never knew Dish had this (I have DirecTV) channel.
Great idea.
Is it the moon???

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
That's pretty cool, never knew Dish had this (I have DirecTV) channel.
Great idea.
Is it the moon???

It was a 24 hour camera with a 15 second refresh rate.

It is on the Echo Star Satellite 22,000 miles away looking at Earth.

Some of the best pictures I have ever seen.

I am not sure why NASA took over a private camera.

Unless there are some type of photography laws from outer space that I am unaware of.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I don't think DISH channel is saying NASA, Channel 288 is no longer being broadcast on so when you try to change to it the system sends you to the nearest active channel which is 286 NASA channel.

I don't know why dish channel is gone, but I checked the channel list and it's not there anywhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
are there any more live cameras like this?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

I don't think DISH channel is saying NASA, Channel 288 is no longer being broadcast on so when you try to change to it the system sends you to the nearest active channel which is 286 NASA channel.

I don't know why dish channel is gone, but I checked the channel list and it's not there anywhere.

Your right, it was ch. 286.

They replaced the live camera with that lame NASA network.

I just found the timing curious. One month before 12-21-12.

I feel like I lost an early warning system...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is kind of interesting..
I didn't know about that channel. Pretty cool!

But if they are covering anything up, it seems pretty silly to put up a NASA screen that will necessarily beg questions.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Cool stuff, never heard of that before. And the girl in that video makes a good point, the Earth looks extremely odd in that picture. Can anyone explain why it looks like that? I'm very curious to know.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
OK, let me try this again. NASA Channel has always been (well recently anyway) 286. Dish Channel was 288. Channel 288 is no longer being broadcast, so when you attempt to view that channel the system sends you to the nearest active channel which is 286 Nasa. They didn't replace DISH with NASA, Dish just disappeared.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Cool stuff, never heard of that before. And the girl in that video makes a good point, the Earth looks extremely odd in that picture. Can anyone explain why it looks like that? I'm very curious to know.

I researched it once, and it turns out that the camera is extremely low-res and the sat is pretty distant. There was never an intention to broadcast the camera feed, but a someone at DISH thought it was pretty cool and the channel went live. As I understand it the camera was used to verify proper orbit insertion or some such thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

OK, let me try this again. NASA Channel has always been (well recently anyway) 286. Dish Channel was 288. Channel 288 is no longer being broadcast, so when you attempt to view that channel the system sends you to the nearest active channel which is 286 Nasa. They didn't replace DISH with NASA, Dish just disappeared.

I have several recordings of Dish Earth.

I checked and it was ch.287.

They put the NASA ch. on 288.

When you type in 287, it takes you to the next channel which is NASA network.

Thanks for the clarification...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why don't you phone Dish and ask them what happened to the channel?
Worse thing they would do is act like they don't know what channel you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I researched it once, and it turns out that the camera is extremely low-res and the sat is pretty distant. There was never an intention to broadcast the camera feed, but a someone at DISH thought it was pretty cool and the channel went live. As I understand it the camera was used to verify proper orbit insertion or some such thing.

Well I gathered that the camera was low-res, that much is fairly obvious. What really interests me is that ripple effect, plus even at that low resolution I would expect to see some landmass texture. It looks like a big water droplet or something, with large waves rippling through it. It's extremely odd. The only thing I can think of to explain the rippling, is perhaps the lense is shaped in a way which causes that effect by bending the light.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
According to a post on Dish Network's support forum, the cameras are being 'decommissioned'.

Linky

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well I gathered that the camera was low-res, that much is fairly obvious. What really interests me is that ripple effect, plus even at that low resolution I would expect to see some landmass texture. It looks like a big water droplet or something, with large waves rippling through it. It's extremely odd. The only thing I can think of to explain the rippling, is perhaps the lense is shaped in a way which causes that effect by bending the light.

I wish I knew why it looks like that at night.

Some of the daytime footage is stunning.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think the ripple effect might be the lens reflected back from a piece of glass in front of it perhaps? The middle lens glass could be very convex so the lens would not necessarily have to be flat.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There is a distinct possibility that they may be having technical problems with the satellite itself or maybe even the uplink to said satellite. Maybe it was just too expensive for the failing American establishment to maintain; another victim of budget cuts. Not everything has to be gloom and doom y'know.
edit on 3/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

There is a distinct possibility that they may be having technical problems with the satellite itself or maybe even the uplink to said satellite. Maybe it was just too expensive for the failing American establishment to maintain; another victim of budget cuts. Not everything has to be gloom and doom y'know.
edit on 3/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

You must not of read the thread.

No doom or gloom here. Just a few questions.

I just found it odd.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

MY only thoughts here, are either an Error with the satellite/camera, or it's because the satellite was behind the earth(opposite the sun), and as it's coming around the intensity of light has saturated the lens and created the image we see here.

My first thought was I'm looking at (the earth?) but it's not a perfect sphere, it's almost like two spheres overlapping. The small cresent of the brighter object isn't bright enough to be the sun, but the darker object looks metallic in nature, so I'm thinking this is some sort of strange effect caused the brightness reflecting off the inner surfaces of the camera off the lens onto the photocell.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
According to a post on Dish Network's support forum, the cameras are being 'decommissioned'.

Linky

Thanks for the Linky...

Some very strange things have been observed.

The timing here is my only suspicion.

The camera seemed to be working perfect.

Probably nothing...

I have seen this object pass the satellite.

It looks like a tractor with a scoop bucket on the front.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join