It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin defends itself from ANOTHER brutish human!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Brilliant addition to the thread.

If all dolphins were equipped with such peace-keeping devices, Earth would be a MUCH safer place (for dolphins)
Dolphins are my favourite marine animal. It's saddening to know that some of them are near extinction (one has recently gone extinct), and most seem to be endangered or near endangered. With their intelligence, they would probably be the next animal on Earth to evolve to the same level as humans have, that is, if we stopped getting in the way...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Perhaps if the idiots (and the kid too) kept in mind that these are animals and not animatronics all set up and programmed to be kind and gentle, these crazy things wouldn't happen. I mean how dare the Dolphin actually go for it's food tray when the idiot human holds it up like a bone to a dog. I'm sure the Dolphin didn't appreciate the minor detail that she was unaware of what she was offering. Doh!

I suppose the father is right. In the light of that inability to show common sense...it is a dangerous exhibit. They should avoid it for life so others can enjoy it without the drama.

I'm on Flipper's side 100%

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What I'm most surprised about is that we still keep this mysterious beings in entrapment.
Wasn't it recently that studies showed they are also self-aware, just like human beings?

Humans disgust me sometimes...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
What I'm most surprised about is that we still keep this mysterious beings in entrapment.
Wasn't it recently that studies showed they are also self-aware, just like human beings?

Humans disgust me sometimes...
Yes, they can tell their own reflection in a mirror. They also have unique sounds for other dolphins and so on, like names. They name each other...

They also seem to display empathy.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Actually, the parents have said they are NOT going to sue.

This is probably because they really don't have a case. They were instructed NOT to do exactly what she did.
I just don't understand how people can be surprised when stuff like this happens.
HELLO!!!! WILD ANIMAL!!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

And their language is much more advanced than ours.

In every spectrum they meet the level of humans in personality, intelligence, and soul.

And they *need* open space. They need to swim free. Not be held captive in a little tank.

"With man gone, will there be hope for dolphin?"

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

oh i agree, they shouldnt.. but it doesnt sound like they will educate her on why it all happened in the first place.. they cannot put all the blame on the dolphin.. she made a mistake and paid the price - isn't that how kids learn anyways..?!

i wonder if she will have nightmares...

also the bite itself wasnt that bad.. and its good to have a few lumps and scars - they make good stories to tell..

these poor creatures shouldnt be in there anyway.. its just cruel.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

if anyone is to blame its either the sea world staff for not explaining the correct procedure for feeding a dolphin safely or whoever was supposed to be supervising the child

hm i have to disagree... in the news report it said that the staff had told all guests NOT to pick up the feeding tray... and apparently the girl forgot - however the parents should have known and told her to put the tray down..

Like I said "or whoever was supposed to be supervising the child"

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Dolphins can swim 100s if not 1000s of miles in just one day... (depending on species etc)

Its just so cruel to keep them in a tiny tank - even if they have been bred in captivity they still get the natural instinct to swim far and wide...

Some of the captive marine mammals and other captive animals alike end up developing bad habits, through boredom and frustration...

It just aint fair...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I fully agree.

I couldn't help but share this story with everyone, as secretly I feel it is a small victory for the dolphins.

If they showed that footage to more animals in captivity... They may just have a chance at freedom.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

i will speak for the dolphin
it let go for one if it meant any harm she would have been in the pool being attacked
she picks up empty food box up that she had just been giving dolphins food from
after being told not to
if that was my kid id be "you deserved that you silly child"well not at first but
come on they are clever enough to think that it may still contain food

AND THEY BLAME THE DOLPHIN

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Typical.

I am outraged by the parents and kids behaviour

I see this so often here. Tourists come, they try to feed or play with a lion, tease an elephant, shout at buffalo, try to pet a rhino, and then when something goes wrong, OMG, the animal is a man killer, kill the animal.

Its BS

Wild animals are called wild animals for a reason, even if they are in captivity, they are still wild.
Respect them, and you will be fine.

vvv

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

LOL

yeah go dolphin..!!! i will always and forever be on the animals side.. i dont hate much, but the thing i hate the most is how our relationship with animals has become cruder and cruder as the years go by

have you ever watched the Earthlings documentary/film...? its heartbreaking to watch - but highlights the fact that we as an entire species desperately need to change the way we interact with the animals of this world...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir
They were told repeatedly, 'not to hold up the plate'. The girl however did so when the plate was empty. Stupid, but could you hold that against the little girl?

The parents now complaining about how dangerous the attraction is, is the most disturbing part of this story.

you know why $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

have you ever watched the Earthlings documentary/film...? its heartbreaking to watch - but highlights the fact that we as an entire species desperately need to change the way we interact with the animals of this world...

No I haven't, but I will definitely look into it.

I will watch this tomorrow, probably not best to sleep to. Would give me the worst kind of dreams.

But I promise to watch it --- if you look up the book: My Ishmael

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

ok cool

yep i would say watch it in the morning not anywhere near the evening..!! i watched it before i went to bed with my bf and i was in tears, i was heart broken... my heart felt like it was physically hurting..! :/

as an animal lover (i much prefer animals to humans im sorry to say) any kind of injustice, abuse or mistreatment really gets my goat...!

ok i shall definitely look up your book..! shall u2u after

dont want to be too off topic..!

so.... hoorah for dolphins..!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Who would have known that animals bite? This is a shocking discovery, an outrage if there ever was. We must kill all the animals

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
this is all i gotta say on the matter

edit on 3/12/12 by alysha.angel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Yeah definitely tell me what you think, I read the book years ago, recently found it in storage. Re-read it and couldn't put it down. Changed my life twice. There's a sequel too which is just as good. Daniel Quinn is the author.

I strongly believe that mankind was destined to be the guardians/protectors of the flora and fauna of Earth... Unfortunately to acquire this responsibility we have a lot of evolving to do, and we found the matches at a few crucial stages too early.

Folks shouldn't resign themselves to the syndrome of "well that's just the way the world is"... I say power to the human with ideals of freedom, for all species on earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ok so how about we bar that kid and her parents from the exhibit and leave the rest of us to enjoy these wonderful animals.

'Dangerous' my Aunt Fanny. It's their ignorance that's more dangerous in the long run.

Anddddd, I have a huge plastic bubble to sell those parents.

peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join