It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, what would your Jesus do, if here today!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It can't be both ways. You all know that! Jesus can't be all love and forgetfulness and dislike Gays too....below was an e-mail I got a while back, one of those mass sent I'm sure...but reading it and thinking about it....makes sense if the man actually existed and, and I think he did, and he actually followed what he preached....

WHAT WOULD JESUS REALLY DO IF HE WERE HERE TODAY?

March at the front of a gay rights parade.

Lead a boycott of companies that enjoy double-digit profit margins, but still lay off workers to boost profits.

Publicly chastise politicians who invoke His name and then vote to cut welfare.

Not own a gun.

Refuse to play golf at a club that excludes people based on their religion, race or income.

Just hand the ball to the ref after a touchdown, then quietly jog back to the sideline.

Not sell His house when a family of a different race moved into the neighborhood.

Chastise for-profit hospitals and HMOs for taking money that could be spent on health care for the sick, and instead keeping it as profit for stockholders

Have nothing to do with companies whose products kill people.

Use His carpentry skills to build homes for the homeless, not fancy new sanctuaries for well-to-do congregations.

Protest an execution.

Inform thousands of pro athletes and politicians that He really doesn't prefer them over their competition.

Point out that "conservative" and "Christian" are mutually exclusive.

Walk a picket line.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
He sure as hell wouldn't wear a WWJD bracelet.

Assuming there is a Jesus...

I'd bet he would befrend the homosexuals and non christians and be just as controversial with close minded folks as he was 2000 years ago. Supposedly, he liked to stir things up and went against popular oppinion and did what he believed in. I wish more people could be TRULY christian and embody the ideals that christianity is supposed to be about.

I'm not christian, and I'd be ashamed to align myself with todays christian church. I have my own style of faith and thats all I need and I don't think for one second that makes me or anyone else a bad person, regardless of how many christians tell me I'm going to hell. Jesus would have appreciated that.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If Jesus came back, or was born in the present time the exact thing would happen to him as it did 2,000 years ago. Right-wing Christians would be the first to tell him he is not the son of God, and throw him on the cross. If Jesus "came back" as many christians believe the first place to look for him would be some mental health facility. Just look at all those people whom claim such extraordinary things...they are labeled as nutcases and locked up.

As many know, I am not a Christian, but I admire the man for his teachings of love and compassion, and for all I know he was the son of God. One thing is for sure...if he were alive today he would be persecuted just as he was ages ago.

PS- Redballoon...how can I vote for this "Way Above Top Secret" award? If I find out I most assuredly will vote for you.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hmmm...I'm amazed. No one disagrees with me....there "is" hope after all!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Only Jesus would do this ? The institution of humana should galvanize and declare those naysayers of hedonistic altruism abhorant beings; the institution of humana should engage in such fecund charity, not dream of a salvation figure to bring these acts into reality.

Some dreams are better left dreams, while some realism is sometimes better left to be realism.

Deep

[edit on 22-10-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yeah i agree with you jazzerman. it would be just like the first (?) time.
He would be too much of a threat to the ruling class. Especialy if he was gaining a following. I mean he was against the Roman gov I'm sure as hell He wouldn't like this one.
He would be either be bumped off and made to look like an acidental or natural death. Or he would be framed and blamed for some crime(s) and thrown in jail or an institution.
The only way he could do it is to come back as one of the ruling elite with lots of VIP friends...lol

But then again it is Jesus we're talkin about so maybe he could be the one to get away with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well if you want to get biblical, when jesus returns to earth it will be a terrible and fearsome event, where many will suffer greatly

(the land of israel will be covered in blood up to the horses knees- book of revelation)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
LadyV

why in the world would jesus have anything to do with gays? are you not aware of the biblical emphasis that homosexuality is evil?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
LadyV

why in the world would jesus have anything to do with gays? are you not aware of the biblical emphasis that homosexuality is evil?

People? I rest my case......It did not take too long did it. Ashlar, if your Christian only god really exists, you should bow done and beg forgiveness....I see no loving, forgiving, sprit that your Jesus teaches to you. You show yourself to be judgmental, and trying to take on the work of your god...shame be on you! "judge not lest ye be judged." Sound familiar to you? I strongly suggest that read managerie post at the link below entitled "Jesus died to redeem heal homosexual behavior as well."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well if you want to get biblical, when jesus returns to earth it will be a terrible and fearsome event, where many will suffer greatly

(the land of israel will be covered in blood up to the horses knees- book of revelation)

Yeah!? Ya mean like all those people that preached sinner, sinner while sinning? All those people that judged others? All those people that spewed hate to other people?....your in trouble aren't you?....

[edit on 10/22/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh...good old Ashlar has decided to speak up on this issue. Please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor, and quite posting bigoted religious dogma on these threads. Everytime people try to have a serious conversation you come in and post some "anti-Israel" nonsense with no knowledge base on which to stand.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

LadyV

People? I rest my case......It did not take too long did it. Ashlar, if your Christian only god really exists, you should bow done and beg forgiveness....I see no loving, forgiving, sprit that your Jesus teaches to you. You show yourself to be judgmental, and trying to take on the work of your god...shame be on you! "judge not lest ye be judged." Sound familiar to you? I strongly suggest that read managerie post at the link below entitled "Jesus died to redeem heal homosexual behavior as well."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

what a ridiculous and emotional response. all i did was state a fact.

in another post you cry about how people dont respect your religion, and you have no respect for any others.

"judge not lest ye be judged" do you really think god meant it that way?

jesus hates homosexuality (according to the bible). do you have any proof of the opposite?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Oh...good old Ashlar has decided to speak up on this issue. Please, do yourself and the rest of us a favor, and quite posting bigoted religious dogma on these threads. Everytime people try to have a serious conversation you come in and post some "anti-Israel" nonsense with no knowledge base on which to stand.

did i state anything that was not fact? who do you think you are that you can say who can post and who cant

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

what a ridiculous and emotional response. all i did was state a fact.

in another post you cry about how people dont respect your religion, and you have no respect for any others.

"judge not lest ye be judged" do you really think god meant it that way?

jesus hates homosexuality (according to the bible). do you have any proof of the opposite?

In other posts, LadyV and others of her same religion do NOT insert "Thursday Night Witness" drivel. I have seen nothing more out of you than just that.........preaching.

Your "judged not ........." sentence basically nailed yourself to your own cross due to that fact in almost every thread you are in you are judging someone or some other religion.

Don't even go with "you do it to Misfit" - I don't prefess that my boss tells me not to.

Jesus hates homosexuality? Where in your Bible does that come from?

who do you think you are that you can say who can post and who cant

Jazzerman said "and quite posting bigoted religious dogma on these threads."

You should be able to see my point in that one.

Hell I wish you'de posting bigoted religious dogma TOO !!

[Edit = I had Ladyv instead of Jazzerman as being quoted about dogma]
Misfit

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dear, dear, Aslar! You are one piece of work you are! Yes, I respect other's religions, yes, Christianity....but the problem dear, is not Christianity but it's followers.....how can non Christians take the teachings of your faith serious, when most of you that follow the faith, go directly against the teachings themselves...my response to you above was not an emotional response hun, it was truth. You can not persuade others to your faith when you present it as a hateful, closed minded, bigoted religion...If your God is real, I am sure he shakes his head in shame at many of his so called followers....it's funny but, ya know, I fit your religion, better than you do. I don't cheat, don't drink, don't do drugs, I'm open minded, will help anyone in need regardless of race faith, sexual oreintation, or color. ...maybe you could learn something from the Wiccans....a bit of humanity! Stop trying to slam the hammer of judgment down other people's throat...what has happened to you that you are so hate filled? It must be sad to be you! AND lets just say your right and "your" god doesn't like gays? Why did he create them that way? And why are you going against the teaching where you're Jesus "specifically told" you not to judge others...tell me that one Aslar...are you now your god's right hand judge? Shame on you! Preach hail fire and brimstone while you sin yourself!

EDITED to add "sexual oreintation"

[edit on 10/22/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Personally, i have to scoff at the idea ANYONE could possibly think they know what the Christ might do.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
Personally, i have to scoff at the idea ANYONE could possibly think they know what the Christ might do.

Really!? why is that? Churches do it constantly, people on these boards do all the time.....a lot of scoffing to do!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

who do you think you are that you can say who can post and who cant

I never said you can't post. I said you need to quit posting bigoted religious dogma...on a board thats purpose is, mind you, to Deny Ignorance. You can post anything you want on whatever subject you want, but when you offend others beliefs like in many of your previous threads, and whine when others tell you what the truth is, I feel the need to speak up.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Actually if Jesus was on earth now he would be killing a whole bunch of people. Jesus does not come back as some peace spreading pacifist.

He will not come back as a Lamb but as a Lion, coming in fiery, flaming vengeance. He is coming with a sword of judgment. He is coming with blood-splattered garments.

So the bible really tells you what he will do when he comes back if you believe it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

He will not come back as a Lamb but as a Lion, coming in fiery, flaming vengeance. He is coming with a sword of judgment. He is coming with blood-splattered garments.

Well, lets see here. If I were a Christian, and spouted off all over the place that I was a Christians...and I believed with all my heart in my faith and in Jesus Christ and believed what the bible says, I sure as hell wouldn't be going around doing the very things that he told me not to do....I'd be the best person I could be, try to be fair and honest with everyone, leave the judging to him...oh...wait...I really do all that, so maybe he will decide I'm worth it, I follow the religion more than many Christians! LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join