It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS users: Help me choose a new career path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I thought this would be cool to do.

I had been wanting to join the U.S Border Patrol but I recently have been diagnosed with gout and i am not sure i will be able to pass a physical and a medical background once they find out. maybe I will but who knows.

I am one of those people that has had a very hard time deciding on a career path, some people know what they want to do pretty easily, others like me aren't sure what they are good at and are trying to figure out our passions in life.

Any suggestions, or educational paths you guys recommend given the times we live in?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Anything to do with technology... You don't spend much time on your feet when your in front of a computer.

IRM

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
entrepeneur

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I got a lot out of book years ago called Do What You Are. It uses the standard Myers Briggs test to see what careers might naturally fit your personality best.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Lol Gout.

Be prepared to work in bare feet, as the pain will be excruciating. Had a mate who had to hobble around the office (yep, IT work) barefoot avoiding the managing director. Since they didn't like him taking so many days off for it.

He said that even a slight breeze on his foot when it was bad was agony.

Oh career.. umm.. I've always wanted to be a bee keeper, but I hate bees and am not a huge fan of honey. Have you thought of making cheese or perhaps an archaeologist?

Not making one, being one, that is.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I recommend doing an ROV pilots license (remote operated vehicle) then you can pilot underwater vehicles used in survey essentially remote controlled robots with manipulator arms used to survey underwater I think that would be an awesome career choice good luck

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Engineer, they're always needed.

top topics

join