<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
mwah

WARNING:
swear word x 3 lmao

(Aussie Vernacular)

maybe it is cos I am not eating enuf red meat? Today for lunch I had a bowl of lentils and rice.

? I am 42 kilos now... omfg!!! I have always been abour 48 kilos, the loss of weight is scaring me and then compound that with the loss of eyesight... fark! Bejeebus, maybe the moment I reached 40, everything started to fall to bits?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

For starters, you're a very attractive woman.
Secondly, it's not just eating sometimes it's stress as well. Maybe you're stressed out about something and that does things to you.
Try finding time when you eat. Don't just eat quickly because it's something you have to do. Try enjoying your food like it was a roman banquet after a victorious battle.
Then sit back and do nothing. Have a siesta.
Breakfast is the most important. The more you eat, the more you need to eat.
Sleep deprivation is also an important factor. Doesn't matter if you eat a horse, you'll always feel like #e if you don't sleep well.
All those things combined gets the body into a stress free state.

Hope it helps I'm no expert. You're a beautiful woman, go out there and feel good about yourself.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

oh thx so much, that is sweet of you to say that, but to be honest, I don't feel that way at all because of the loss of weight.

thanks though, gee, I didn't expect a compliment.

maybe stress is also a factor...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You are going to have to check your calories, make sure you get enough in. Red meat for your protein count is also a good idea.

One simple suggestion would be pasta. Its easy to make, and delicious. Try it with different things, blue cheese, mince, tomato puree, etc etc.

Lots of carbs in pasta, and a good place to start.

Wish you all the best mate!

vvv

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I have the opposite problem that you have but the solution could be closer related than you think.

I was always the one with either a snack/soda in my hand, I could always eat and when I did eat, I ate a LOT.

I'm guessing you need to get your calorie count up so get in the habit of carrying bits of food around with you, it all adds up believe me
Ideally high in calories and filling

You should indulge in anything and everything you like eating, plus sauce, because again that adds up too

I wish you all the best

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

You know, this is the third time I'll write this reply (my system's being crashing).

The compliment was well deserved

On topic, fruit always makes me feel good.

Going to bed early, waking up early, eating lots of fruit and going out.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Rice and lentils are not going to help you put on weight.

I have similar problems maintaining my weight, what I find works is carbohydrates, dairy and protein combinations...in addition to all the nice healthy stuff too. But you need to eat some fat...animal fat preferably, which, in combination with the carbohydrates, will burn slowly enough to be retained (welcome back boobies!). Red meat isn't really necessary in my experience, and the downsides of eating too much, health wise, outweigh the benefits of weight gain.

Sausages, pork chops and roast chicken (skin on) combined with a baked potato dressed with butter (not marg or spread) and cheese, and lots of veg or salad.

The other secret of my success is double Snickers, in between meals...you need something high in sugar to keep from burning up the energy provided in your meals too quickly, thereby allowing a little bit of energy to be retained, and to stop your body basically from consuming itself, which is what weight loss essentially is.

Another trick is alcohol...in moderation
...empty calories, that serve to slow down your metabolism.

Good luck, I know how miserable it can be to be too skinny, this time last year, I had no confidence in how I looked, I didn't feel even remotely womanly, let alone 'sexy' and having spent the last year getting my weight back up, I can assure you that with my method the boobs do come back too

Take care.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
^ Alcohol? I've been dry almost 2 months now and the damn weight is taunting me, smugly with it's cheesy grin.. oh wait, that's actually cheese..

Hmm, I knew a girl who was 50kg and as skinny as a rake, she'd always get hassled by doctors who thought she was hiding an eating disorder. But the entire family was skinny. Buggers could eat anything and never put on weight... where as I'd stare at a dropped chip and put on a kilo.

I think age does have a lot to do with it. My cousin is the same age as me and she laments losing her boobs too. Mind you she had 4 kids, young Aborigines who are all about 14-19 or so, and the girls have big boobs so my cousin has started calling her, now petite, boobs the stolen generation.. lol

I'd just eat healthy so that you feel good in general, you look great and seem like the kind of person who can absorb and emit good vibes when you feel good.. so do what things you think will make it positive changes towards what you want..

The places we are at when we feel trapped are still part of the journey of experience we all have to travel.. everything will change, nothing will last.. exploration is the key to getting out of this malarky more than what we put in. including how our body image affects us.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
My sister has the same problem. She says, that she eats a lot, but still cannot put on some few kg's. Guess what, in the beginning I believed her, but when I actually saw how much food she puts on her plate, everything became clear. If I will eat as little as she does => I could easily hide behind the broomstick. I would say - eat bigger meals and the more bread/rolls/pasta/pizza/danish pastries etc you eat =>the quicker you will put on some extra kg's (do not forget about sausages, fatty meats, junk food etc.) Take it easy and get some more sleep - go to bed at 10pm (at least!) Basically become a ''coach potato'', then you will see some improvement.
PS: rice would not give you extra kg's (unless it is with some fatty meat and a sauce cooked with full cream)
PPS: I do not remember the word in English, but it is the main ingredient in white bread/rolls/pasta, =>everything made of this ingredient will fatten you up (my own experience)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I eat heaps of pasta. Live on it really. Most evenings I just have pasta with butter, parmesan cheese, olives, some chilli. yum.

Maybe just double portion?

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Rice and lentils are not going to help you put on weight.

yeah, I think the fact I don't eat meat now or in the last few years I have gone off of it, I just hate the smell and taste of it and I think my Son is right, I need to eat more red meat/chicken. Just hold my nose and eat it.

But you need to eat some fat...animal fat preferably, which, in combination with the carbohydrates, will burn slowly enough to be retained (welcome back boobies!).

I hate it that all my clothes just hang on me now and it realy does make a difference to your self confidence.
I wont even go out and show my arms cos I feel they are too thin. A year ago, I was going to the beach so it really does change things.

The other secret of my success is double Snickers, in between meals...you need something high in sugar to keep from burning up the energy provided in your meals too quickly, thereby allowing a little bit of energy to be retained, and to stop your body basically from consuming itself, which is what weight loss essentially is.

well, that is what I am going to stock up on, get some chocolate bars and just keep it in my handbag. Good idea and easy to carry around when I am busy too. If I skip one meal because of work, I lose weight, it is sux.

Another trick is alcohol...in moderation
...empty calories, that serve to slow down your metabolism.

ok, well because I haven't been eating meat, I was told to have a bottle of stout a couple of times a week to keep my iron levels up so I will give that a go too.

Good luck, I know how miserable it can be to be too skinny, this time last year, I had no confidence in how I looked, I didn't feel even remotely womanly, let alone 'sexy' and having spent the last year getting my weight back up, I can assure you that with my method the boobs do come back too

Take care.

well, there is hope for me if you have managed to put on weight and feel womanly.

thx so much
edit on 4/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: add quote

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Indeed, maybe your portions are a bit small. Remember, one big meal in the evening is going to make a difference either. Eat a good breakfast, snack between breakfast and lunch, have a big lunch, then snacks again, and a good supper. Snack after supper on things as you watch tv, etc.

You have to eat more often, and bigger portions, and the right foods.

vvv

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I think other People's comments about my weight affect me too. Like I hadn't really noticed until a Person made a big deal out of how thin I looked and how much weight I had lost, then I started thinking about it and then worrying and making excuses for it.... I don't comment on other's appearance...but People do to me..yanno, "like omg your sooo thin". I hate it.

I wonder if a person hadn't pointed it out, I would never have even thought about it. I don't even have scales in my house, I had to go to my Aunties and use hers.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

maybe I just need to go on holiday to the USA and get used to eating up-sized meals? or a holiday in Italy just eating Italian food? mwah, two entire weeks of just eating, lazing on the beach somewhere....better start saving and plan for a holiday. That would be good for stress also.

I think that is what I need, a holiday...relax for a couple of weeks.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whiteinch
My sister has the same problem. She says, that she eats a lot, but still cannot put on some few kg's. Guess what, in the beginning I believed her, but when I actually saw how much food she puts on her plate, everything became clear. If I will eat as little as she does => I could easily hide behind the broomstick. I would say - eat bigger meals and the more bread/rolls/pasta/pizza/danish pastries etc you eat =>the quicker you will put on some extra kg's (do not forget about sausages, fatty meats, junk food etc.) Take it easy and get some more sleep - go to bed at 10pm (at least!) Basically become a ''coach potato'', then you will see some improvement.
PS: rice would not give you extra kg's (unless it is with some fatty meat and a sauce cooked with full cream)
PPS: I do not remember the word in English, but it is the main ingredient in white bread/rolls/pasta, =>everything made of this ingredient will fatten you up (my own experience)

I do eat good sized portions and sometimes I think, omg I am not going to eat all of that... and then I do.

but my problem I think is being busy and skipping a meal and the fact that I am not eating meat anymore may have a lot to do with it. I am going to the City because of work tommorrow so I might mung out on a yiros, they have the best yiros around

buy two and take one home lol (I live in the Country and we only get frozen Yiros here and they are awful)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
From my experience the one sure thing that will make a woman gain wait. Getting married!

I swear, it's like you marry a 130 pound bride, and wake up the next day with a 180 pound wife.

I kid, I kid... ( not really but being flamed hurts my feelings. )

I've always been skinny - or at least from about 18 years onward. I am 5'11 and spent the majority of my best years weighing about 140 pounds ( dunno kilo's sorry. American here! ) - which is like Skeletor skinny. But I was, and am still, as strong as most guys twice my size.

When I was younger I went through what you are going through now. I got very self-conscious just about that point in time ( late eighties, early nineties ) when suddenly every guy in the world suddenly was built like Schwarzenegger. At that time I didn't just ask my doctor for steroids, I basically threatened him with great bodily harm if he DID NOT give me what I was demanding.

Thankfully for me, he refused. Since that time I've had a few friends, who had those Schwarzenegger like builds die very young and of a plethora of weird medical issues I personally feel were probably the result of steroid use. I now think about that and ponder on the reality that my vanity, then, could have robbed me of the future I am currently in possession of.

My heart really does reach out to you on this issue. I know how stigmatizing being thin can be. Sometimes the way people look at you - you just know that they are assuming you must be sick, with cancer, or AIDS, or something... Some even going out of there way to avoid getting close to you. The vast majority of people aren't this way - but a few are. And not only is it embarrassing, it's extremely hurtful and destructive ones own self-esteem.

Should you ever end up depressed... it's common knowledge that most antidepressants cause weight gain. About three years ago I was put on a medication called Seroquel, which is not an antidepressant, but my doctor had had success, previously, using it, off label, in that capacity. In about three months I gained forty pounds - almost all of it in my stomach. I looked like a pregnant pipe cleaner. It was horrible! Especially since one of the few perks of having always been thin is that I had perpetual "washboard abs".

I freaked, changed meds, and found myself, quite ironically, doing exercises to LOOSE the weight!

I'm 46 and my metabolism slowed a couple of years back - allowing me to gain about thirty pounds the natural way and in a manner that distributed it mostly equally. My legs are now a bit less hard than I am accustomed to or happy with. But not terribly so.

Oh, and now I have a butt!

FTR: If that is you in the vid, you are a stunningly attractive woman who seems to be intelligent, well spoken, and good natured - so don't be so hard on yourself!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

From my experience the one sure thing that will make a woman gain wait. Getting married!

I swear, it's like you marry a 130 pound bride, and wake up the next day with a 180 pound wife.

I laughed out loud at that one.
yes, that could be also what I need to do.
checking the male order groom catelogue now

I've always been skinny - or at least from about 18 years onward. I am 5'11 and spent the majority of my best years weighing about 140 pounds ( dunno kilo's sorry. American here! ) - which is like Skeletor skinny. But I was, and am still, as strong as most guys twice my size.

When I was younger I went through what you are going through now. I got very self-conscious just about that point in time ( late eighties, early nineties ) when suddenly every guy in the world suddenly was built like Schwarzenegger. At that time I didn't just ask my doctor for steroids, I basically threatened him with great bodily harm if he DID NOT give me what I was demanding.

Thankfully for me, he refused. Since that time I've had a few friends, who had those Schwarzenegger like builds die very young and of a plethora of weird medical issues I personally feel were probably the result of steroid use. I now think about that and ponder on the reality that my vanity, then, could have robbed me of the future I am currently in possession of.

oh thx so much for sharing that, weight issues affect both sexes and public opinion can really make it hard. I have always been slender but not this thin but it would be so much worse for men. Personally, I think Schwarzeneggar body builders are unattractive... many years ago, I dyed my hair red but forgot temporarily...anyway, this body builder I worked with was giving me a lift home and he was like, "Oh, I really go for red heads" and I was like, oh cool...and didn't get that he was trying to pick me up until I looked in the passenger car mirror and remembered I had colored my hair red...then I felt really awkward.

My heart really does reach out to you on this issue. I know how stigmatizing being thin can be. Sometimes the way people look at you - you just know that they are assuming you must be sick, with cancer, or AIDS, or something... Some even going out of there way to avoid getting close to you. The vast majority of people aren't this way - but a few are. And not only is it embarrassing, it's extremely hurtful and destructive ones own self-esteem.

Yep, I am getting some of that now... People looking at me differently and treating me weird.

Should you ever end up depressed... it's common knowledge that most antidepressants cause weight gain.

I will chat with my Doc about this and see what she says. That is good to know.

FTR, that is me in the vid.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
You should indulge in anything and everything you like eating, plus sauce, because again that adds up too

I wish you all the best

indulgence is a good word... and I am going to start doing more of it.

indulging

thankyou

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

You kid, but it is somewhat proven, that contentment, combined with regular sex, does affect a woman's figure. Something about hormones and fat cell distribution as I understand it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

If you really can't stand meat, mushrooms can be a great source of protein. Fry them in loads of butter and top with cheese...maybe some bacon, if you can stomach that, and serve it on a big chunk of buttered toast.

What about fish? The fatty fishes, like mackerel and sardines, are really good for you. Or tuna melts?

It is more about the combinations, so make sure that whatever you eat, mixes carbs, fat, and protein.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Lentils
Rice
Chorizo
Black pudding
Potato
Garlic
Olive oil
Water
Salt & Pepper

Chop up your chorizo which is red meat, donno if you get it there, chop up your black pudding (both the chorizo and the black pudding chopped but not finely, in big chunks, inside a big pot with lid.
Chop up potatos, in reasonably sized chunks.
Place garlics, a few of them inside the pot.
Throw in your olive oil and cover everything with water. Season. Add more water if you see it's evaporating.
30-40 mins, slow heat.
Wala, you have a typical Spanish dish with lentils and rice but also with meat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join