It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lovers can not be Friends and Friends can not be Lovers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OP, you wish it was that simple.

The fact is, love and friendship wont fit in any set of pigeon-holes, no matter how carefully you define them.

I wouldn't have breakfast with you the next morning, either.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 4DuecesWild

It took me a long time, but I finally realized that you don't fully live until you let someone see those dark rooms. Those places inside where you keep your most personal thoughts and feelings.
Sometimes we are what we wrote...it can be defined even this way...as about me ,sorry no dark rooms.

If you still feel that you can't let someone in those dark rooms, that's okay. But I have a feeling you're ready now. You put the thought out there for people to talk about and think about. This notion you have that love dares not enter those rooms?
Thinks are more complicated than you might see,rooms are bright some thoughts are dark.

"To clean the dark sides of the thought first you must show them the brightness of the room"

Someone one day is going to run into you and fall in love with you Pi. They're going to show you everything about them because they love you. They WANT you to know them. They're going to love you whether or not you let light into those rooms or not. They'll patiently wait with their hand held out, waiting for you to take it so they can walk you outside. So they can be there for you when you want to open up. They love you. They're not going to judge you or think any less of you when you show what's in the darnkess.
Love is many splendored things.

"God exists therefore Love is the first religion many wants to convert to this religion but not many believe in God therefore few from many find out what really love is"

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Another wonderful post! Very thought provoking. I have never had a lover, so I don't know where I stand on the matter. Can't you have the best of both worlds, though? I suppose friendship has boundaries, but I think it depends on the people as to what those are.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatIsReal
Another wonderful post! Very thought provoking. I have never had a lover, so I don't know where I stand on the matter. Can't you have the best of both worlds, though? I suppose friendship has boundaries, but I think it depends on the people as to what those are.

The best of both worlds? I think thats called 'friends with benefits'

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So whats the solution? Learn to Fake it?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatIsReal

Another wonderful post! Very thought provoking
Thank you

Can't you have the best of both worlds, though?
That depends how that true love is is like being a telepath so you have nothing to hide of and for.

I suppose friendship has boundaries, but I think it depends on the people as to what those are.
Indeed it has but also that depends of how much you give and especially to whom.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

So whats the solution? Learn to Fake it?
Learn to live in Truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join