It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Chief: "Israeli Settlement Plans A Fatal Blow"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Britain and France pulling support of Israel?

International pressure is mounting against Israeli settlement plans in a strategically sensitive area near East Jerusalem. UN head Ban Ki-moon called it a ‘fatal blow’ to a two-state solution, while the UK and France may withdraw envoys from Israel.

I truly hope this is the case. I only hope is that my country will follow. although, i highly doubt it since the united states seems to think the world needs more israel.

it's nice to see the world is finally getting fed up

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

once the settlement construction begins signs like this will begin popping up

Its in Hebrew and states the following[

"Welcome to Betar Checkpoint

This checkpoint is for the passage of Israelis only. It is forbidden to pass and/or drive a person through this checkpoint, who is not Israeli!!

"Israeli" - a resident of Israel, a person who lives in the area and is a citizen of Israel, or a person ENTITLED TO MAKE ALIYAH TO ISRAEL ACCORDING TO THE [JEWISH] LAW OF RETURN, 1950, AS VALID IN ISRAEL"

So I also hope the world is finally waking up as well

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The west can condemn Israel all they want over settlements.. It wont change a thing. When it comes down to it, they are still allies either way.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
The west can condemn Israel all they want over settlements.. It wont change a thing. When it comes down to it, they are still allies either way.

I agree i certainly dont see the UK doing much after she sided with Israel on the vote,this is just a face saving exercise on the UKs behalf

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
I agree i certainly dont see the UK doing much after she sided with Israel on the vote,this is just a face saving exercise on the UKs behalf

Agreed. Sanctions would be the best option in this case for the sake of the peace process. Obviously Israel have no intentions of peace unless the Palestinians get on their knees and polish their boots with their lips.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Looks like the British have just step up the pressure, and about time.

Britain has confirmed that it is considering severe actions to protest Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s decision to move settlement construction ahead in the area known as E1, between Ma’aleh Adumim and Jerusalem

British official: U.K. may suspend trade agreements, recall ambassador over Israel settlement expansion
EDIT:
Netanyahu and his far right Likud Party have to be removed from power, it very clear from their actions the last thing they want is peace.

I don't know how American and Canada can keep on supporting Netanyahu and his Likud Party, they are becoming embarrassing now.

edit on 3-12-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

It's about bloody time, that's all I can say on this particular topic. Israel has been been acting in ignorance international laws, as well as the Geneva Conventions regarding the treatment of refugees (which I believe all Palestinians qualify as) for far too long. There is no justification for shelling and bombing innocent civilians when all it provides is more justification for HAMAS and the like, who pretty much act on an entirely retaliatory basis. Yes, alot of their beliefs (HAMAS and Hezbollah) are distorted and highly disturbing to the likes of me (just watch Robert Fisk's series "From Beirut to Bosnia" to understand why), but every time Israel shells an entire neighbourhood in response to a small salvo of improvised munitions perpetrated by a small minority of the population, they give the martyrs more perceived justification for their actions. There is one saying that sticks in my brain when it comes to this issue. "To those whom evil is done shall do evil in return." It's time to break this vicious cycle that can only end in tragedy for both the Palestinians and for Israel. The sad thing is, in 1993, 70% of school children in the Gaza Strip said what they wanted to be more than anything else was martyrs. To me, that's just sad, but it is not without reason. The Palestinians have known more suffering under the iron fist of the Israelis than we in the West could ever possibly comprehend.
edit on 3/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: punctuation and grammar

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The sad thing is that the Israelis have been ignoring international sanctions for the better part of 40 years. I wonder what it would take to start taking the international community seriously when they say "Enough is enough!"

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Israel now owns the land. They build on it. Good for them and their people. Go back to watching your TVs and driving your cars running on the oil that is protected by this American - Saudi base in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Puritanical racism at it's finest. It basically says "It's fine for you to use this road as long as you aren't a muslim."

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Just because they own it now in their minds (illegally I might add) does not make it right in any regard. Every single settlement overlooking the West Bank is built on land that Arabs were pushed off of. And we wonder why they hate us Westerners so much...Not entirely unjustified if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

The sad thing is that the Israelis have been ignoring international sanctions for the better part of 40 years. I wonder what it would take to start taking the international community seriously when they say "Enough is enough!"

I can tell you one thing, pulling their envoys out and walking away from the problem isn't going to solve anything. As for the international community, we are usually talking about aligned countries who wouldn't dare turn that back on Israel under any circumstance. Enough is Enough only applies to Iran, Syria and North Korea.

edit on 3-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It's not like they're doing anything in-theatre either. I'd rather them not continue wasting taxpayer dollars on envoys that don't do anything if you really wanna bark up that tree.

EDIT: Also, just thought I'd add that it is quite obvious that I am neither British, nor French if you would allow your eyes to venture just a little to the left. Generic statements like that only hurt your credibility. I'm Canadian, eh! They are not, as you said, "my" envoys.
edit on 3/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

It's not like they're doing anything in-theatre either. I'd rather them not continue wasting taxpayer dollars on envoys that don't do anything if you really wanna bark up that tree.

I'm not barking up any tree. I actually agree with you. So if they are doing nothing over there anyway, whats the big deal if they were too leave? Its a big deal to the media.

EDIT: Also, just thought I'd add that it is quite obvious that I am neither British, nor French if you would allow your eyes to venture just a little to the left. Generic statements like that only hurt your credibility. I'm Canadian, eh! They are not, as you said, "my" envoys.

My apologies..They aren't mine either.
edit on 3-12-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well leave it to the media to inflate every little unimportant detail and ignore the most important details. I just think it's good that France and the UK have taken a public stance against Israel. Who knows, maybe some good may come from it. Never say never.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Gee, ya sure dont hear much threats against iran comming from Bibis mouth lately though.......
Having been blocked from that war. hes turned the heat up on the home front.......
This guy is rambo of evil.......

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yeah its a hell of a sign, its basically a dead giveaway to what their agenda regarding the palestinians is all about

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i think this is just the first step. the rest of the world is getting fed up with this conflict. it's really starting to show. i'm tired of our support of israel. it's always seemed funny to me as to why the usa has such unconditional support for israel. it's almost like they have some kind of blackmail material over the US.

we just gave them $70 million for their anti-missile defense and they won't share the technology, and we are ok with this? not to mention the slaughter of palestinians. we saved the jews from russia and germany in ww2 because of genocide. so why do we support the biggest hypocrites on earth?

just glad to see other nations are taking steps to hurt israel and let them know they are fed up with their whiny entitlement issues.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

once the settlement construction begins signs like this will begin popping up

Its in Hebrew and states the following[

"Welcome to Betar Checkpoint

This checkpoint is for the passage of Israelis only. It is forbidden to pass and/or drive a person through this checkpoint, who is not Israeli!!

"Israeli" - a resident of Israel, a person who lives in the area and is a citizen of Israel, or a person ENTITLED TO MAKE ALIYAH TO ISRAEL ACCORDING TO THE [JEWISH] LAW OF RETURN, 1950, AS VALID IN ISRAEL"

So I also hope the world is finally waking up as well

So by your reasoning it should be illegal for any nation to post signs against illegal entry into their country. That makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah we have signs like that in the U.S., the mexicans just go around them anyway.

new topics

top topics

join