It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So do I take a left or a right at dream paralysis?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I have been actively pursuing an out of body experience. I can maintain consciousness all the way into dream paralysis. I can relax into and out of dream paralysis. I can make conscious decisions all throughout the process. I can recognize that the representation of the room that i see is not the actual room I am in and make it go away...or maybe it goes away on its own. I can even issue commands from my sleeping body for my wife to wake me up when things get wierd (lol).

This most recent attempt was met with the sensation of a hand clamping down on my throat and a rhythmic pulsing in the paralysis that seemed to emanate from my neck. The pulsing had a noise that went with it that i don't know how to describe. So i told my wife to wake me up. (Sometimes I get stuck or lost)

Any input at all would be greatly appreciated even derogatory comments can lead to inspiration. In my heart I am an explorer and this is the only frontier that is accessible to me, not to mention it is exceedingly cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

it is a gift . your consciousness is moved and acted upon.
the word for it is mare. these powers are also responsible for nightmares.

"Nightmare" evokes the modern word for a female horse but the terms are wholly unrelated. The word derives from the Old English "mare", a mythological demon who torments human beings with frightening dreams.

some call it spirit or spirit guide, god, devil, angel etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well since the OP is pursuing a OBE, it is pertinent to mention that i have also been pursuing an OBE for quite some time as well. Though i must say i get to the point of transition or at least close to it and i am unable to...shift. I mention this cause it might also help the OP out down the road as well as clear things up for me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I have since dispelled the "fear / presence" phenomenon that you are referring to a while ago. If there is something in the room extra dimensionally or otherwise I no longer fear it, nor can I engage it in discourse.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

How do you fare with the paralysis? Do you experience it on your way or do you bypass it? I have thought that maybe I focus too much on the paralysis and not enough on the out of body part. I always thought that it was something i had to get through. Maybe If I stay away from the paralysis? What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

what i was trying to say was, when you have a obe and you move, fly or change your position, you only have the illusion, you are doing it yourself.
what you call other-dimensional being, is not gone, it still is acting within you on your perception. these "beings" let you fly in your dream or move you while having a obe.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Well as for the sleep paralysis, i haven't had that problem(with the shadow people and being unable to move). As for what i personally would suggest on bypassing it for you is prioritizing the OBE over the "concerns" and as for me i've found that saying a name repeatedly and also imagining going down stairs to darkness(or light) in your mind. The main points i have come to realize is you have to be as relaxed as possible, while being focused yet not letting your conscious dominate your subconscious either. Now maybe i'm making this too complicated but i've found that it works for me and once you get to a certain point it's easy to get back to that point as long as you're motivated. Of course like i said i have been having trouble with transcending. Though the point is basically you have to establish the "mood" in your mind, so of course establishing the "mood" in a physical sense would help to some degree(ik cause i've tried it) aka a candle or so.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I don't necessarily agree with the idea of being granted the illusion of an out of body experience or that another being has the power to prevent or control my personal growth; however in the interest of keeping an open mind what are your suggestions for dealing with this to arrive at a true out of body experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT

This most recent attempt was met with the sensation of a hand clamping down on my throat and a rhythmic pulsing in the paralysis that seemed to emanate from my neck. The pulsing had a noise that went with it that i don't know how to describe. So i told my wife to wake me up.

Maybe your wife is trying to kill you >: )

edit on 3-12-2012 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

Perhaps you know from personal experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

i mmmiiiiight , butimnottelling

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

You made me laugh! You may be on to something...I wake her up to wake me up more often then she would like...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
We now have motive

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I would keep well away from playing with sleep paralysis, I had many occurences of sleep paralysis when I was in my 20's. I got to the point I was afraid to sleep at night without a light on. I then found my self falling asleep in the afternoon after coming home from work and would find myself being held down by a negative force.
I sought help from a Psychologist who suggested a meditation technique where I would relax every part of my body sequentially prior to sleep, this worked for awhile until it began again.
It got to the point where my sister ( who didn't believe me) asked for it to come to her instead of me, so I could get a good night's sleep.
I slept like a baby however she experienced the same thing as me, a weight on her chest and something malevolent with rank breath.
This is not a game, I began to combat this creature by telling it it did not belong in my reality and that it had no place in my reality, I also prayed for God's help, yet I am not a Christian.
It seems the combination of the two seems to work, although I get the odd occurrence now and then.
Something also weird, I hear a strange sound in my left ear prior, like a horn but different. The word that always springs to mind is clarion, anyway you shouldn't play with sleep paralysis, it is nasty and not a game.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

That's good to know, though i must say i am interested in hearing about this creature a bit more. Though i don't want old wounds to fester.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

anyway you shouldn't play with sleep paralysis, it is nasty and not a game.

This is not a game I have had this since i was a toddler. My dream life is as real and cogent and as much a part of me as this life that has me sitting at this computer looking for information while lamenting the imminent approach of my stupid job. I experienced this for 25 years, then i started experimenting with it. I will be 41 this January. I have a lifetime of experience with this, I can turn it off and on, and if need be, get someone to wake me up when things go unexpectedly.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Oh, so you aren't really experimenting with an OBE...this changes things. Personally, I feel you should have mentioned this from the start. After all, you're just trying to correct a problem...not transcend your limits. Is that correct?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya

Well as for the sleep paralysis, i haven't had that problem(with the shadow people and being unable to move).

I'm curious....if you say you dont have the problem of not being able to move, then what makes you think it's sleep paralysis that you experience? I'm confused?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya
reply to post by kudegras

That's good to know, though i must say i am interested in hearing about this creature a bit more. Though i don't want old wounds to fester.

The creature is your own fear. That is the length and the breadth of it. there is nothing in your mind except that which you take with you when you fall asleep. For instance i recently watched the Lathe of Heaven. In that movie the therapist would make his subject go unconscious by applying pressure to the carotid artery, and I thought of this as I was ascending. Hence the hand on my neck scenario.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

How EXACTLY does this occur for you in particular? Like do you go to bed after a set routine and it just happens? Or do you simply doze off and it happens when you get completely relaxed? How and how this might have first occurred are very important details to have in order to assist you with this problem.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join