It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar mama's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Last night on BBC four, there was an excellent documentary on a project in India, that has been set up to teach women from third world countries, to build and construct solar power technologies for their communities.

They focus on a lady from Jordan, who wants so much to complete the course so she can bring the technology back to her village and teach the community how to make the technologies themselves. Unfortunately she is up against her idiot of her husband, who tries all he can from stopping his wife's success.

The beauty of the documentary is seeing all these women from all over the world, work together to come up with technologies they can teach their communities when they return.

The main woman kicks ass too.

Solar Mamas follows the remarkable story of Rafea, a mother-of-four from Jordan who challenges the status quo of her traditional marriage by travelling to India to train as a solar engineer for six months. Along with 27 other mothers and grandmothers from poor communities around the world

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-12-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I also read yesterday, but without a source. That women do two thirds of the worlds working hours,produce half the worlds food, but only earn 10% of the income.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Last night on BBC four, there was an excellent documentary on a project in India, that has been set up to teach women from third world countries, to build and construct solar power technologies for their communities.

They focus on a lady from Jordan, who wants so much to complete the course so she can bring the technology back to her village and teach the community how to make the technologies themselves. Unfortunately she is up against her idiot of her husband, who tries all he can from stopping his wife's success.

The beauty of the documentary is seeing all these women from all over the world, work together to come up with technologies they can teach their communities when they return.

The main woman kicks ass too.

Solar Mamas follows the remarkable story of Rafea, a mother-of-four from Jordan who challenges the status quo of her traditional marriage by travelling to India to train as a solar engineer for six months. Along with 27 other mothers and grandmothers from poor communities around the world

www.bbc.co.uk...

I also read yesterday, but without a source. That women do two thirds of the worlds working hours,produce half the worlds food, but only earn 10% of the income.

I just could not get my arms down when I saw this project "Why poverty" that the Danish TV station have created in collaboration with some 17 other TV stations around the world, which actually have some valid programs about what really is happening around the world, and not just show programs about partying and drunk paradise girls.
Theres should always be these kind of informational projects, especially about poverty. There was one documentary that I think everyone should see, it was called

Park Avenue: Money, Power and The American Dream

Everyone should see this documentary.

Well back to the solar mama's - they have my utmost respect - this ofcause will could bring free energy to special parts of the world that really need this.

We just have to hope og make sure that no capitalist moron is going to make money of this beautifull project.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

I saw the one on Park Avenue. It was very revealing and like you say everyone should watch it. These program's in the uk tend to get hidden away from the main stations to the subsidiary channels that don't get the attention they deserve. Meanwhile the masses watch their x factor final.

I wasn't aware the whypoverty campaign was spread over 17 countries.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep, heres the list :

ABC – Australia Al Rasheed TV – Iraq Al Nahar TV – Egypt Arte – France, Germany ARTV - Chile BBC – U.K. BBC World – over 180 countries BHRT BNT – Bulgaria Campus TV – Honduras Canal 22 – Mexico Canal U – Colombia CNN Turk - Turkey Colsecor – Argentina Construir TV - Argentina CT – Czech Republic CyBC – Cyprus DR – Denmark e.tv – South Africa e.tv Ghana - Ghana eBotswana – Botswana ERR – Estonia ERT – Greece Futura – Brazil GBP - Georgia HRT – Croatia IBA – Israel ITVS – USA Knowledge Network – Canada LTV - Latvia MBC – 22 countries in the Middle East Mobi TV - Zambia NBC - Namibia NHK – Japan NPO - Netherlands NRK – Norway NTV - Kenya ORF – Austria PBS – USA (through ITVS) PTS – Taiwan RAI – Italy Roya TV - Jordan RTHK – Hong Kong RTS - Serbia RTS - Switzerland RTVS - Slovakia RTVSLO - Slovenia RUV – Iceland Señal Colombia – Colombia SER TV – Panama Sinart TV – Costa Rica SJRTV – Mexico SVT – Sweden Telemedellin – Colombia Tempo TV – Indonesia TG4 - Ireland TV 10 Chiapas – Mexico TV Ciudad – Uruguay TV Cultura – Peru TV3 – Catalonia, Spain TVE - Spain TVO TV Ontario – Canada TVP – Poland Universidad del Valle – Colombia VIVE TV - Venezuela Wattan TV - Palestine YLE – Finland ZBC - Zimbabwe ZDF – Germany, France

I think it is so great the subject are made aware by the media - its good to know there aren't in complete denial.

new topics

top topics

join