It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale - SPOILERS if you haven't seen it yet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I just finished watching the season 3 mid-season finale. I haven't read the comics, so I don't know anything about the new characters that we just met tonight other than that they are also in the comics. I'm really intrigued to find out more about their group.

I also don't know what to make of Andrea seeing the Governor's hidden room with all of the heads in the tanks and his walker daughter. It didn't seem to interest her at all and she seemed rather untroubled by the whole thing. It didn't seem like any red flags went up for her about the Governor.

I'm definitely liking Michonne more and more with every episode. She is tough, skeptical of everyone and seems to have the healthiest attitude in regard to keeping herself alive of anyone, in my opinion. I'm not sure if she killed Penny to put her out of her misery, as it were, or if it was solely to hit back at and hurt the Governor.

I really can't wait for the Daryl and Merle story to unfold. Did Daryl really get captured or did he let himself be captured to get to Merle? I saw on the teaser clip at the end of the show for the episodes in the 2nd half of the season that Daryl seems to have escaped. Everything about that plot line has me anxious for the new episodes already.

I would love to hear the thoughts of everyone else and see what you thought of the episode and get your take on it all.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It was bloody good. Love how Carl is becoming a lil badass.

I bet Daryl will end up killing his bro or his bro will let him win after the Gov makes them fight to the death for their freedom.
edit on 3-12-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I agree about Carl. I was ready for the walkers to get him by the middle of the last season and by the end of the season, I was ready to feed him to the walkers myself. This season I feel completely differently about the character. He has matured and is handling things with logic and the good of the group in mind.

I loved when he locked the new group into the block and they said something like "I thought you were going to help us." and he answered "I did." He has really developed into an interesting character and is pulling his weight and offering value to the group.

It looked like the Governor might be planning on making Daryl and Merle fight to the death or something. I would still happily see Merle become walker bait, but will hate it if the writers do something to Daryl.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Google search "Talking Dead" and watch those if you haven't seen any of them.
Preferably the most recent episode, they always show a sneak peak of next episode.

I don't want to alarm anyone, as Dale would say, but is it me or does there seem to be a black person character maximum number or is it me? I almost thought they were going to exceed their maximum of 3 tonight with the introduction of the new characters.

T Dawg goes, he's replaced immediately. Every time there's 4 black characters, it's narrowed down to 3 maximum by end of episode. That convict (forgot his unimportant name) goes and there's a replacement ready.

I'm Portuguese, we check off 'white' on applications, but we aren't sure what color we are... so I got no dog in that race.
No pun intended.

edit on 3-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

well, the little #@$%head has gotten more people killed than the zombies.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by homeslice

well, the little #@$%head has gotten more people killed than the zombies.

I've watched every episode at least 3 times, and have yet to hear the term "zombie".

Does anyone else find that strange? Is it copyrighted??

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Now that you say it, I don't recall ever hearing it.
Kind of nice they haven't used that term though.

Dont think anyone has ever copyrighted a word like that apart from the french with the word champagne...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I only just recently learned about "Talking Dead" that comes on after the shows and immediately added it to my DVR. I've only seen two episodes of it, though. Tonight's and last week's shows. I loved it and was excited to hear that it is getting an hour time slot when it comes back. I wish that I had discovered it sooner.

I only just started Walking Dead. By the time I initially heard of the show it was at the very end of the first season and I don't have Netflix. I didn't want to come into the second season without seeing the first, so I resigned myself to not getting to see this show. Then, AMC did a marathon from the beginning on New Year's Eve and so I set the DVR to catch it and then about a week or so ago my husband and I sat and watched it all up til last weeks show. I was totally hooked from the first one and now can't get enough of it.

They announced that they will be doing another New Year's Eve and New Year's Day marathon from the first episode again, so if anyone hasn't seen it and wants to start watching, that would be the time to do it.

Yeah, I noticed the thing with the black characters, too. Not really sure what to make of that, but I did notice it. I was disappointed that they killed Oscar tonight. He looked like he could have been an interesting character to get to know.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Glencairn

Oscar! I suck at names.

He was like T Dawg times 2, twice the bad ass. Nope, not for long.

We were at 4 the entire episode, I got excited for a moment, then Oscar was fired from the cast.
Ridiculous. Michone can't be killed, the guy from the comics finally arrived & his gf make 3 total,again.

According to wiki, the governor was signed on to 6 episodes total, so he should meet his demise Feb. 10, 2013. Having 8 weeks off is much kinder than many other shows, like Falling Skies who takes a year off in between each episode.

edit on 3-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I liked T-Dog, too, but Oscar was definitely more of a bad-ass. Unfortunately, T-Dog got less and less screen and plot time as the seasons progressed. I am interested in the new group. The girlfriend of the leader, Tyreese, looks like another strong character. I can't think of her name and don't remember if they even mentioned it or not.

I will not be happy if Michonne gets killed off right away. I like her. A lot. I like the way she watches and gathers information and remains hesitant and skeptical of everyone. In the new reality that they live in, it is a healthy attitude to have if you want to stay alive and are on your own.

I figured that they would keep the governor around longer. I heard that he had a bigger role in the comics and, while not familiar with the comics, I was curious if his role on the show would be longer lasting.

I was just talking about the break with my husband tonight. He hates having to wait until February and I compared it to the hiatus between seasons of True Blood and said that at least there wasn't a full year of waiting. 2 months isn't so bad compared to how long it could be.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

One interview I heard, way back at the beginning, was that in their world they never had a zombie character to reference. I guess in their world, they never had any Dawn of the Dead movies.

It was weird to hear that....an alternate version of Earth?

In the world of "The Walking Dead," he said, the concept of zombies doesn't exist.

Why 'Walking Dead' Walkers Are Called Walkers, and an Episode 3 Preview (Video)

www.thewrap.com...

edit on 3-12-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join