It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal "WTF?!" moment. White flashes coming from the trees!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm hoping to get any feed back on this subject. This happened around 2005, and I still cannot explain what I saw.

I'm thinking it's some sort of special teams SWAT or something because of the precise timing.

So midnight, at a lakehouse, in Texas if that matters? My buddy and I see random flashes coming from across the lake, we figure its someone taking pictures. (they look like camera flashes)

Minutes go by and the flashes get closer and closer and we cannot tell who, what, where, how.

5 minutes pass and a flash comes from the top of a tree. (tree is approx. 40 feet high. We are on the second floor. Wide open windows. We hide. We peek out, and FLASH! from the same spot.

This happens a few more times over 10 minutes or so.

We are freaked out. We start walking downstairs. The stairs bottom out into a room with a sliding glass door. As soon as we both stepped down from the stairs, FLASH! from something on the ground. We run into a room with blinds on all the windows.

We wait 10 minutes before we do anything because at this time, we are more scared than we've ever been. I pull down a blade on the blinds and peek out, and FLASH! came from something behind the car.

We did not look again, and did not find any evidence of anything in the morning.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Like I said, any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I have no idea what it could be.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

That's really trippy, man. Never seen or heard of anything quite like that. Were there any sounds associated with these flashes, like a flare or flashbang?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
never read or heard about this at all specifically .. the only thing I seen was massive flashes accross the night sky, bright enough to wake me out of a dead sleep, I have a thread post up on here about it ..

but.. that is very wierd.. I'd be freaked out!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

No, the only sounds were our screams after every flash lol. And as you can guess, the flashes were fairly blinding. So if we did happen to be looking in the direction of the flashes, we wouldn't be able to see anything anyways.

Again, what really grinds my gears is; the timing of each flash. Seemed to be when we were looking at it. Like it feared it being seen so it blinds us. And the location. Most came from the trees, in 2 or 3 specific spots. Then, right when we get downstairs, the flash came from the ground level. And the one from behind the car was ground level as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
it is funny you post this just the other day I was in the bathroom, blinds closed at night. When there was a bright flash that seem to come from above me. Freaked me out for a second but i figured it is something medical. No noises.
You and your friend experience the same thing and in multiple places so i think my experience might not be connected. but i thought i'd share anyway just case someone know what the hell happened

Just to note: it was a bright white flash nothing like the lights flickering.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

What the hell?

Pretty intense scenario you just shared with us.

I really don't have any suggestions... Just wanted to say thank you for posting.

Once while watching the night sky with some friends, we all noticed a brilliant "FLASH!" in the night sky while watching the stars. It freaked us out, happened maybe 4-5 more times in several other areas of the sky. Looking this up later I discovered Iridium flares - I still don't quite think that's what it was... But most explainable.

Your situation however? I'm at a complete loss. The instantaneous flashes upon contact of the both of you is damned freaky.

Stay safe man.. No joke, this does not sound like something mundane what so ever.

Post script: .... Are you still in the same area? If so, please set up some cameras... Or somethin' man. Maybe an automatic rifle or two.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sounds like what Dorthy Izatt described in the video below, except she saw them in the sky. According to her (and some others) the flashes are communication from our space brothers.
You may find some answers in this video:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Mugen

Post script: .... Are you still in the same area? If so, please set up some cameras... Or somethin' man. Maybe an automatic rifle or two.

Ahh, unfortunately no. And this happened around 2005. We did go back sometime later and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

And guns? Knowing what I saw, whatever it is, is passed our current gun technology. Unless it was in fact a group of atleast 3 people.... some special teams SWAT or something. Then I could understand.

Someone has mentioned that the flashes may be coming from trail/ game cameras that may have been set up in the trees and on the ground.... and behind the car. But no, we checked the next day, nothing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm thinking someone put up a couple of sensor cameras with flashes and something was setting them off?...What do I know, not an expert, If it ain't that it's probably ghosts

edit on 3-12-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

* Could be some kind of lifeform or robotics that had a device that made it able to teleport from one place to another, but whenever the device is used it gave of a flashy effect, converting matter into energy and back to matter.

* Or it could be one of the small drones that have been seen shoot out of UFO´s
flying around taking samples, pictures and exploring.

* Could been some kind of earthly lifeform that's not been documented yet, plasma entity.

* Or it could be entity from another dimension crisscrossing over in our dimension, that produce some kind of effect in our atmosphere

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Are you sure it was outside and not reflecting on the glass from the inside? im thinking you just interrupted the flash being out side when actually it came from inside. Maybe, maybe not?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Very interesting. This is more along the lines of what I wanted to hear. Would you care to add details? or links?

Originally posted by strafgod
Are you sure it was outside and not reflecting on the glass from the inside? im thinking you just interrupted the flash being out side when actually it came from inside. Maybe, maybe not?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm 100% it was outside. At first, we saw bright flashes out of the corner of our eye coming from across the lake. It got closer and closer. We looked, and waited for 5, 10 minutes or so before the flashes began to come from some where on our property. (trees, ground, behind car) Which is when we started #tin bricks.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Originally posted by Mugen

Very interesting. This is more along the lines of what I wanted to hear. Would you care to add details? or links?

* Could be some kind of lifeform or robotics that had a device that made it able to teleport from one place to another, but whenever the device is used it gave of a flashy effect, converting matter into energy and back to matter.

* Or it could be one of the small drones that have been seen shoot out of UFO´s flying around taking samples, pictures and exploring.

* Could been some kind of earthly lifeform that's not been documented yet, plasma entity.

* Or it could be entity from another dimension crisscrossing over in our dimension, that produce some kind of effect in our atmosphere

Here are some exsamples, im sure there are better ones out there.

Teleportation that gives off a flashy effect :

flashy small UFO drones

Plasma entity :

Dimension Beings :

edit on 3-12-2012 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Those are some trippy videos man, thanks. Unfortunately none of those videos are of what I saw. The closest one was the 1st one. I'm not saying I believe the video to be completely real or fake, but it's convincing to me. But yeah, that 1st video. In my experience, the flash looked very similar to that, but it was more of a FLASH and not like a shooting star effect. Not a pulsating light.

And the 4th video of the kids playing soccer, what did the kid see? I did not catch it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Are you a Looker?

Looker is a 1981 science fiction film written and directed by Michael Crichton. It starred Albert Finney, Susan Dey, and James Coburn. Former NFL linebacker Tim Rossovich[1] was featured as the villain's main henchman. The film is a suspense/science fiction piece which comments upon and satirizes media, advertising, TV's effects on the populace, and ridiculous standard of beauty.

Sort of a SPOILER ALERT:

The "Looker" Technology is explained pretty well at 54:30 into the movie, followed by the bad guy using it against scientist Albert Finney at around 57:00, and that's where you'll see the connection to your experience.

(Explanation) The Light pulses temporarily blind and paralyze, along with an amnesia response like a few seconds of missing time.

This was actually a pretty good movie, although some might be offended by the nudity of a few "perfect" females, I think it was worth an hour and a half of my time to watch it.
Albert Finney has been involved in some other interesting things, Here's his IMBD, as has Michael Crichton.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Dogdish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't mean this rudely, ...but were you and your buddy partying? You know, more than alcohol...( and Please don't admit to anything on the Internet... ) but I have some friends who both witnessed the same thing while partying , but in actuality they were just feeding each others visions, and there wasn't anything to see. ..I'm just saying..midnight at a lake house sounds like a party to me. ...on the other hand the flashes remind me of The movie " men in black" when they flash the mind eraser!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

The flashes I saw were just that, flashes. Not a light that gets really bright for a split second and dims back down.

Originally posted by Meldionne1
I don't mean this rudely, ...but were you and your buddy partying? You know, more than alcohol...( and Please don't admit to anything on the Internet... ) but I have some friends who both witnessed the same thing while partying , but in actuality they were just feeding each others visions, and there wasn't anything to see. ..I'm just saying..midnight at a lake house sounds like a party to me. ...on the other hand the flashes remind me of The movie " men in black" when they flash the mind eraser!

Nope, no alcohol or smoke. No party. But, "feeding [off] each others visions" could be a possibility.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Yes this happens to me all the time too, stupid flashes-you never know when they are gonna scare the sh** out of you.

Yes, thanks for freaking me out-what a messed up story-sounds like a good movie either freak papparazzi, ufo, or slenderman.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sounds to me like:

Peeping tom plus avid tree-climber with telephoto lens. It's not hard to see someone looking out of a well-lit house when it's dark outside. With the flash on the camera he knows he can blind you and freak you out.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
First, thanks for all the feed back.

Originally posted by Mugen
So midnight, at a lakehouse, in Texas if that matters? My buddy and I see random flashes coming from across the lake, we figure its someone taking pictures. (they look like camera flashes)

Minutes go by and the flashes get closer and closer and we cannot tell who, what, where, how.

I was thinking... and i'd like to elaborate on the flashes more. When we first started seeing the flashes, across the lake, we both thought, "someone is taking pictures." We began to pay attention to the flashes after like the 5th one. I don't remember if we saw any in the sky, or just near the ground level. After it was apparent the flashes were coming from our side of the lake, all of the flashes were no more than 75 feet away. And now that I think about it, I believe they were brighter than usual. I also thought about how maybe we misjudged the distance and height. Keep in mind, it's the middle of the night.

So from what i've gathered so far from you guys, i've come up with two possible conclusions:

1 - some sort of teleportation. But I can't explain what happens if it teleports because there was a series of about 4 flashes in a row, in the same spot. Actually then I think if thats the case, the reason may be when they leave, it flashes, and when they arrive, no light? Which would explain why we saw the flashes when they left. And did not sense them arriving.

2 - special SWAT Navy Six Seal Team Marine corp -type ish. With x-ray goggles to see through walls. (because the moment we stepped downstairs, FLASH! and the moment I peeked through the blinds, FLASH!) "misjudged the distance and height." Maybe at least 3 mercenary type dudes cruise up in a boat... and swim to shore. Two climb the trees and post up. While there is one on the ground. I think you can use your imagination to come up with the rest of that story.

Again, I appreciate everyone's feedback. I feel like i'm closer to knowing what it was, thanks to all of you.

Originally posted by Isee1111
Sounds to me like:

Peeping tom plus avid tree-climber with telephoto lens. It's not hard to see someone looking out of a well-lit house when it's dark outside. With the flash on the camera he knows he can blind you and freak you out.

True. BUT... the house was not lit at all, we had just laid down for sleep 20(?) minutes prior. Now with night vision goggles, they could see us.... mayyyyyybe x-ray goggles. (anyone know of "x-ray goggle" technology? Besides the obvious x-ray machines at the doctor office.)
edit on 12-4-12 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join