It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Gave Big Brother His All Seeing Eye

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I blame Leonard Cohen.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I know our computers are not the most secure places to put information unless you disconnect one completely from the net, but cloud computing seems to me to be an absurd place to keep anything. I have no doubt that THEY have access to anything and everything in the cloud realm.

There are many ways of safely storing data including a secure away location.

The only one thing we have is their inability to check on all of us, there are too many, but I dislike having to stay under their radar. They have more than one radar and there are multiple THEM.

P

I have to second this notion, especially for individuals. How much does a terabyte drive cost these days? $60? All "Cloud" is, is online data storage - meaning your data is on someone else's hard drive, and you access it through the internet. Where's the benefit in that? For an extremely small segment of the populace, who have cdesktop computers in different locations, but aren't able to carry data with them (because they have no arms, or pockets), I guess it could make sense. Outside of the armless no-pockets guy with. Desktop computers in different states where he needs to transfer data back and forth, it makes no sense at all.

Cloud:
Reduced data security
Reduced expectation of privacy
Increased storage costs
Increased likelihood of being unable to access one's data

Dint do it, folks, no matter how many commercials you see/hear, there is NO POINT to "Cloud" (aka "Stupid") storage.

Btw Heff, great post, mad-interesting stuff. Now, we should all create Wiki pages for this guy, and see how long it takes for them to come down (or never make it all the way up in the first place.)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Yes he is guilty of creating something which is being used in a questionable practice. But is he guilty of any crime? Is he as you put it in your OP...

Legal professionals during the NSA wiretapping when this occurred agreed that it was illegal, making Narus an accessory to the criminal spying:

On February 13, 2006, the American Bar Association (ABA) denounced the warrantless domestic surveillance program, accusing the President of exceeding his powers under the Constitution. The ABA also formulated a policy opposing any future government use of electronic surveillance in the United States for foreign intelligence purposes without obtaining warrants from a special secret court as required by the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.[10]

Cole, Epstein, Heynmann and eleven other prominent legal scholars (Beth Nolan, Curtis Bradley, Geoffrey Stone, Harold Hongju Koh, Kathleen Sullivan, Laurence Tribe, Martin Lederman, Ronald Dworkin, Walter Dellinger, William S. Sessions and William Van Alstyne) wrote a letter to Congress that appeared in the New York Review of Books on February 9, 2006.[109] They wrote that "the Justice Department's defense of what it concedes was secret and warrantless electronic surveillance of persons within the United States fails to identify any plausible legal authority for such surveillance. Accordingly the program appears on its face to violate existing law."

They summarized:

In conclusion, the DOJ letter fails to offer a plausible legal defense of the NSA domestic spying program. If the administration felt that FISA was insufficient, the proper course was to seek legislative amendment, as it did with other aspects of FISA in the Patriot Act, and as Congress expressly contemplated when it enacted the wartime wiretap provision in FISA. One of the crucial features of a constitutional democracy is that it is always open to the President—or anyone else—to seek to change the law. But it is also beyond dispute that, in such a democracy, the President cannot simply violate criminal laws behind closed doors because he deems them obsolete or impracticable.

Is this relevant? Not really. The NSA admitted to "overstepping it's bounds" by accident. Or something along those lines.

During the Obama Administration, the NSA has officially continued operating under the new FISA guidelines.[3

However, in April 2009 officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the FISA court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Would this have happened a couple hundred years ago if the technology was implemented then overnight? Hell no. People wouldn't stand for it. But the world has gradually changed over the years.
edit on 3-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Legal professionals during the NSA wiretapping when this occurred agreed that it was illegal, making Narus an accessory to the criminal spying:

It is a semantic traffic analyzer. NSA bought it because it could do deep packet inspection at an outrageous rate.

Grant you, Narus marketed it to them for traffic snooping. But it wasn't designed for that, it's just a particularly good piece of kit.

It seems to me to be a bit like making Beretta an accessory to murder for the Agency using M9's to whack foreign journalists. NTTAWWT.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I always thought, you want something-- then offer your people advanced technologies to communicate with each other...
It's irresistible! ...You want pictures, and real-time data, plus GPS location-- BINGO!
Social media, cellphones, it's all a 'information and numbers' game... beyond delicious...

It's brilliant, even resisters will succumb... I did...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Decent thread, lets just call a spade a spade, seems to me that he's obviously another Israeli spy, working for the corrupt Mossad.

start the dot joining here

Add some fuel and light a match, is about the best you could do with these scum. They all have hands in each others pockets, and it all seems to lead back to Israel and the zionist machine.

But we all have to dance around the facts in fear of being labelled an anti-semite. (note: muslim arabs are also semites, 'tis funny how if you hate arab muslims your not an anti-semitic, the word is reserved for jews only, they even have a monopoly on the word "semite" now. What a sad state of affairs the world has succumbed too.

edit on 4-12-2012 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Cloud data makes sense for certain people like me. A terabit isnt much to me, and i've lost data on external hard drive before. With cloud you can get automatic access from any location.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nice one Heff.

I was well aware of Carnivore but I guess that's just History now - had never heard of Narus before, but haven't bothered keeping up with it either to be honest.

The whole ChooChee thing sounds pretty "great" too -- sarcasm -- with Windows 8, we are all well on our way to getting the clouds going... I myself am not planning on upgrading any time soon, simply because of the MS cloud.

Any idea where they got the names for these things from? "Narus" and "ChooChee" ??? hmm..

btw, Narus has a wiki page

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Couple things of note when looking for this guy on google.

-there is another Ori Cohen, younger, CEO of a company called fotegrafik, located in Singapore.

A large part of our image acquisition process, is the approval and key-wording of each individual photo. Approval is the QA of a photo to meet our client’s minimum standards (size, quality and creativity). Key-Wording is the process of adding keywords to describe the content of each photo, so clients could perform a query and efficiently and accurately locate those images. Those tasks are labor and time consuming therefore costly, and it delays the time to market of a new photo that arrives at our desk. We wish to develop, a software solution that would replace part of the human interaction in the process. The system should pre-scan the images for technical qualifications and match keywords with existing photos in the database. Once the solution is implemented, a photo would arrive to our employee, once it has already been QA’d and partially key-worded. That eventually would reduce the time of the image processing and therefore cut production cost and time to market.

link

His company is involved in developing software that can describe content of pictures using key words...fits in pretty well with the whole internet surveillance topic.

Here's some stuff from an interview with the other Ori Cohen

I come from a marketing and biz-dev background but I also have a long software engineering background having worked for years as lead software engineer and product manager in different small and large companies,and even a small exit at these happy 90′s selling one of my first startups at the age of 22.
During my MBA studies at The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, I spent time in the US and in general traveled a lot, and I have lived in various continents since childhood.

There are many advantages to our technology, I’ll name two of the key ones:
1. It is super scalable. We are able to index and retrieve images and videos from huge databases of content – and by that I mean: billions of images or hours of video, in a matter of milliseconds and without compromising on the accuracy of the results.
2. Our technology is one of the most versatile in the market today. It is as useful for image libraries (stock agencies, photo sharing, etc..), mobile devices, retail applications, security agencies and the list of ideas or requests our clients and prospects bring is growing all the time.

Index and retrieve images from huge databases.....

Is it just me or is there some striking similarities between what the OP mystery man and what the other Ori Cohen is doing.

-And there are a few other, other Ori Cohens. As it turns out they both live in my state, NY. One is the owner of Orics Industry, a small pharmaceutical and food packaging machinery company. Grad of Columbia..doing pretty well. Another Ori Cohen is the director of the SUNY upstate medical center in Syracuse...also doing pretty well.

-The co-founder of Narus (Stas Khirman) doesn't have a wikipedia page either.

-Ori Cohen of Israel is currently involved in a project involving robotics, and controlling an avatar with thought.
link

All of the info I just provided is probably meaningless, but it was interesting to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If you aspire to Biblical end-time prophecies then this fits in very nicely it seems....

Hebrew names have a certain significance and are a sign post to prophecy makers and shakers... For example; Elijah' own prophetic destiny took place on top of Mt Carmel in Israel with a challenge to the prophets of Baal and himself to see who the real God was.... Elijah won of course and the prophets of Baal were all slaughtered.. However, Elijah' true name is EliYahu which means "Yah Is God"...... So not only did he prove who God is but his very name does too.. That pretty much goes for every Biblical character even Jesus, Yeshua whose Name literally means I AM Salvation... To the begets in Genesis which tells the story of future salvation...

I could go on but wont as it deserves a thread of its own..

However in this case in the same kind of vain we have a man called Ori Cohen

Which means Ori (My Light) Cohen (Priest)

My Light Priest...??? The light bearers priest?? Lucifer (Light Bearer)?? The one who cannot do what God can do, cannot be omni present so uses a counterfeit... Technology... In order to do so.....

Funny how technological advances have all seemed to gear up to this type of tech hey??

So... Light priest... Is he the false prophet of revelation??

Just a thought..
edit on 4-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
These Israeli folks seem to be in a few unknown positions here in the States. One particular venture seems to be security. That is, rent'a'cops. Only not your run of the mill sort, but rather, very discreet and in varying abilities. From the Security for cultural festivals or concerts, to more discreet Religious functions. There appears to be a 'web' of these Gentlemen in several states here in the US. They ultimately come from the higher echelons of Israeli government. Their ultimate jobs might be twofold, but thats purely speculation on my part. My Best Friend from childhood, 50 years, has been working for several of these Gentleman for a little over 2.5 years. He has been put in sensitive positions of guarding Jewish holiday festivities in different areas of primarily the LA area, but as far north as the Bay Area. He has risen within the group to a position where he is exclusively called to work at these events. They comically call themselves "The Men in Black" as they all are in suits and ties.

Curious 'OP' now that you mention it.

It would have gone unnoticed had you not made light of this Israeli Man/group in your thread. Hence my suspicion of a "twofold" purpose

PS..... these names you speak of somewhat ring a bell for me in the conversations I'v had with my friend.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
A lot of good information here. Thanks for the post!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Great research Heff !
As usual.
Um... Well... It's been great knowing you.
Any ideas on who will be the mod that takes your place?
I'm kidding.. I hope.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Brilliant post. Perhaps you should put up a Wikipedia page to this fellow? Anyway, thanks for exposing him to the rest of the world. Sounds like a genuine Illuminati. NWO head or something! Will keep an eye on him and his software systems. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Many people don't realize that computer tech and software are Israel's biggest exports - and many, many dual US/Israeli citizens are employed in the field. PROMIS software is another goodie that was and perhaps still is being used by most US government agencies.

Then we scratch our heads and wonder how people like Jonathan Pollard can get such sensitive information to sell to foreign nations.

This is a giant loophole in our system that allows foreign nationals too much knowledge about our governmental computer architecture. 9/11 may well be one of the side effects of such a situation.

Great catch Heff..
Now throw him back in the sewer you pulled him out of.

Ori-Oright-Ocrap!!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I remember you mentioning Mountain View, California. I used to work at NASA Ames Research Center which was shared with Moffett Field. They were knocking over Military base housing to put up a new research facility for Google who was supposed to be experimenting with Nano Technology on the NASA side of the runway at Moffett. I always found it strange that the whole town had free WIFI for the whole town compliments of google. I would imagine that Mountain View would have been a test bed for surveilance in the first place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Your behavior is not interesting to the system. If it is, you best change your behavior."

By monitoring models of people to include groups of people, patterns can be uncovered, compare those patterns to real world patterns, and you have a list. This is a simple and actual real world use of very intelligent systems tasked with uncovering and identifying threats.

The real fear should not be a privacy issue. We should be concerned about a manipulation of the future. Once the model becomes accurate, the future can be predicted or manipulated at an astonishing level.

After all, the future is controlled by our behavior. If our behavior can be predicted, then the future is known.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
awesome work, OP

kudo's for digging out the college insignia
eat your heart out, serco

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join