It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Gave Big Brother His All Seeing Eye

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thank you for sharing, and putting all of this together.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I thought about posting that "leave britney alone" picture.

Leave Ori alone! He's a human!

But it IS Narus, so hey, fair game IMHO.

I don't think a lack of wikipedia or FB pages is a bad thing. I wouldn't have one if I were the guy. Do you see the CEO of many of the superspook companies on wikipedia? I just flipped through a half-dozen, none of them are there. No FB either. I wouldn't want anyone knowing about ME if I were the guy, hell no one knows much about ME either, and I'm absolutely nobody compared to say, Timur Eads.

In that business, your personal info strewn everywhere just paints targets on your back.

If you'd like his home address and cell phone number, though, cross my palm with some silver.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

On the drudge report today, two stories of note that seem related to your topic:

Vatican to equip employees with micro-chips to better monitor them...

and

UK IRS and banks to track daily spending of its citizens---in an attempt to monitor tax evasion.

www.drudgereport.com

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
1997 is fairly recent entry into the fray. ATT Worldnet was still routing their email through overseas servers in the UK via abovenet and cable in the late 90's up through 2006 sometimes incurring a significant delay between server stamps.

There is probably a lot of declassified information about the NSA Echelon facilities dating back to the 60's and their ties to the UK cable sorting operations then.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

It's all interconnected. Either it's valuable enough to assimilate and control, or it's worthless enough to cast away to join the rest of the compassionate liberal garbage.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

The man could not be over the age of 60, how is he responsible for the nationwide surveillance network. How many other security firms have existed before him? How many other business owners and software developers helped design products which would eventually be used to subvert the freedom of individuals? Countless people going back over 60 years.

Maybe reading into it is best before assuming there is nothing to the story:

James Bamford, a former ABC
News director and journalist who has
researched intelligence agencies for
three decades, has reported that:
“Verint and Narus are super-intrusive
– conducting mass surveillance
on both international and domestic
[US] communications 24/7. What is
especially troubling, but little
known, is that both companies have
extensive ties to a foreign country,
Israel, as well as links to that country’s
intelligence service – a service
with a long history of aggressive
spying against the U.S.”

But they were hired for a job right?

For instance,
Christopher Ketcham reported that:
“In November 2002, sources in the
Dutch counterintelligence community
began airing what they claimed
was ‘strong evidence that the Israeli
secret service has uncontrolled access
to confidential tapping data
collected by the Dutch police and
intelligence services.’”
In 2003, a Dutch technology
magazine, c’t, ran an article, “Dutch
Tapping Room not Kosher.” It said
“[a]ll tapping equipment of the Dutch
intelligence services and half the tapping
equipment of the national police
force…is insecure and is leaking information
to Israel.” The leaky technology
was T2S2 tapware “delivered to the
[Dutch] government in the last few
years by the Israeli company Verint.”
In 2004, Verint’s mass surveillance
systems were called “a lemon”
in the Australian media and a parliamentary
committee monitoring the government’s
Corruption and Crime Commission
(CCC) summoned Verint executives
to a “closed session.” The
committee told Verint that they had
“some issues” with the “data interception”
systems being used by “at least
six different law enforcement agencies
across Australia.” The MPs said their
“issues” with Verint included that it
“can access data from overseas but the
CCC seems restricted in its ability to
access data.” Verint’s Tel Aviv-based
representative confirmed: “We sometimes
operate by remote access.”

And as for those people that have been around for awhile:

Another former Verint board
member with a Israeli intelligence
background is Ronen Nir. Before joining
Verint’s board, and becoming vice
president of its Analytics and Communications
Solutions Division, Nir served
13 years in “the Israeli Defense Forces’
elite Intelligence unit.” Nir remains a
Lieutenant Colonel in Israel’s
military reserve forces.
Other Verint directors
have links to US intelligence
agencies and the military industrial
complex. For example,
US Lieutenant General
Kenneth Minihan joined
Verint’s board in 2002. Since
the Vietnam war, this 30-year
veteran of the US Air Force
held many top military intelligence
postings. His career
culminated in leading the Defense
Intelligence Agency
(1995-1996), the National Security
Agency and the Central
Security Service (1996-1999).

Israeli Spy Companies Varint and Narus (PDF)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What a great post, OP. Thank you.

This is the kind of stuff I come here to read, as I continue to put these millions of little pieces together. It gets odder by the day, doesn' it?

If anyone, after reading the OP's amazing post, wants to do a bit of further reading about our friend Ori, this is also an informative site----also very long, but if you're really into learning more--

here it is:

conspiracycentral.wordpress.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

The man could not be over the age of 60, how is he responsible for the nationwide surveillance network. How many other security firms have existed before him? How many other business owners and software developers helped design products which would eventually be used to subvert the freedom of individuals? Countless people going back over 60 years.

Sorry Heff but this this thread I give a big
it is in my opinion one big straw man.

Until you find a video of this guy drinking the blood of some virgin, hell any famous person doing this, my belief in the Illuminati is still null.

To be fair, I never used the word "Illuminati". I did use "Big Brother". To me these terms are not synonymous at all. Big Brother being an abstract for a surveillance state that uses propaganda and indoctrination to control the masses - just as the Orwell book describes.

In that context, Cohen is a player as his creation upped the game, exponentially, in terms of domestic surveillance potential. In fact the NexusInsight technology is still probably being used, if not the standard - even today.

It was a Narus STA 6400 used in Room 641A - the first time that the NSA was caught publicly with their hand in the cookie jar - a situation that is still seeking judicial remedy in the case of Hepting v AT&T. Though is not likely to get very far due to "national security interests"

Before Narus there was a markedly lower capability for domestic cyberspying. Naris, and thus Cohen, are culpable in changing that reality and making real time network collection, storage, and analysis possible.

There is no straw man here. It's all researched and properly attributed - in context.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Let's think about it though. I know you do your research, and as you explained in the original post of this thread, you like to avoid undue speculation and stick to the facts. But there's another idea here.

What if - and I'm just tossing the idea out there - what if Cohen was developing this technology for another purpose, and the elites took it out of his control using their classical techniques? What if he had no choice? The elite are quite good as making irresistible offers. If you don't get what I mean, use your imagination and throw a little Italian coercion in there. That sort of thing.

As you said, you weren't able to find much except for the strictly professional data on this guy. That implies a lack of personal opinion on his part. Like he's been silenced. Generally, someone who is supportive of the cause they're assisting speaks out about it, heaping praise and their personal endorsement in order to boost ratings or whatever. This guys is silent. That's not what I'd call approving behavior. That's more of sickness, a disgust for what he's doing and therefore virtually complete silence. Either he's hiding in the shadows, or he's imprisoned in the shadows. Who knows what kind of tactics were used to hire him? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If only that one technology were at issue I would be prone to giving Cohen the benefit of the doubt. But checking his other companies - several of them are just as suspicious - for example ©Right - AKA - Skyrider. The fun part there is that it's listed as "Skyrider" on his resume' - and yet no such company exists. It is, in fact, called ©Right. It is a very aggressive DRM company.

Is "Skyrider" a code name?

Then there are the two cloud computing endeavors - the most recent and active of which seem tailor made to suit the NSA digital spying niche'. Especially in the case of Choochee. Choochee has ties to AT&T.

We all know the ties AT&T had to another Cohen concept, Narus.

There is NO way on Earth that this man is benevolently trying to better the world. He may have moral ambiguity and simply say "I make things, I can't control what others do with them...." But that is little comfort when one makes equipment designed for mass and indiscriminate spying.

It's not unlike saying "Sure, I make nukes. But I can't control what my clients use them for...." The concept rings hollow.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Anyone can create a Wikipedia page.. it's a community driven site.. the only thing that tells me is that nobody has created a page for him.. You could do it.. you seem to have done your home work =) .. I've made them for client companies.

All this really says is that they've kept themselves out of the lime light and nobody will the skill to do it, has created a page.. it could also mean that he's requested his page be removed, I've heard of that before.. but usually there will be some remnant of it existing ..

But the secret AT&T room came out a number of years ago.. here's hoping this sees it's day in court
edit on 12/3/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

From what I've been able to gather he's had several Wiki pages. They end up being purged.

THAT is what set my spidey sense off to begin with.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Sounds like exactly what I was saying. He tried to speak out, they caught him out on it, and now he just doesn't talk anymore. Truth gets suppressed, and he can't bear to lie. So he's silent. Seems rational.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Great thread Heff. Most of this I wasn't aware of and I found it very full of information.

Again great thread man keep 'em coming.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

To be fair, I never used the word "Illuminati". I did use "Big Brother". To me these terms are not synonymous at all. Big Brother being an abstract for a surveillance state that uses propaganda and indoctrination to control the masses - just as the Orwell book describes.

I was just trying to be humorous. While I do believe we live in a surveillance state I do not consider it the same as "Big Brother", which in my opinion reflects more of a a nightmare bureaucracy with seemingly limitless control, and I don't think our government honestly deserves such a harsh brand.

In that context, Cohen is a player as his creation upped the game, exponentially, in terms of domestic surveillance potential. In fact the NexusInsight technology is still probably being used, if not the standard - even today.

It was a Narus STA 6400 used in Room 641A - the first time that the NSA was caught publicly with their hand in the cookie jar - a situation that is still seeking judicial remedy in the case of Hepting v AT&T. Though is not likely to get very far due to "national security interests"

Before Narus there was a markedly lower capability for domestic cyberspying. Naris, and thus Cohen, are culpable in changing that reality and making real time network collection, storage, and analysis possible.

Yes he is guilty of creating something which is being used in a questionable practice. But is he guilty of any crime? Is he as you put it in your OP...

morally ambiguous, or insane enough to not care about what his craftsmanship was unleashing upon the world.

Many creations have been used by governments as a tool for control and war, but that does not mean that those creations were made for those purposes. Did the scientists and investors of the industrial era intend or want their creations such as the combustion engine, or the rocket used for such nefarious purposes?

I have no idea if this guy is a bloodthirsty, elitist, capitalist who is selling his soul for a dollar. But I think this thread shifts the burden of responsibility from the governments who are using this technology in an improper manner, to the people who produce it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!
Very informative indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

aren't cohens actually the jewish priestly tribe of levi?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by miniatus

From what I've been able to gather he's had several Wiki pages. They end up being purged.

THAT is what set my spidey sense off to begin with.

Invite him to appear. You never know, maybe he'll do it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You beat me to it; I was going to post the significance of the Jewish last name Cohen. Note that family guy is also created by a Cohen, I believe. The Cohens formed part of the Levite Priest tribe of the 12, which had direct communication to God. Good possibility they were the founders or first practitioners of Kabbalah.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

There is NO way on Earth that this man is benevolently trying to better the world. He may have moral ambiguity and simply say "I make things, I can't control what others do with them...." But that is little comfort when one makes equipment designed for mass and indiscriminate spying.
~Heff

So, if the government comes to you, and makes a legitimate case for needing the information which seems to you to be legitimate, reasonable, and of immediate need you wouldn't do it?

It's not like you sit around twirling your mustache and going nya ha ha while rolling around in piles of dollar bill in your Scrooge McDuck room, you know.

edit to add: he might, I guess, we don't

edit on 3-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join