The Man Who Gave Big Brother His All Seeing Eye

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+65 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The Man Who Gave Big Brother His All Seeing Eye

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Hello again ATS!

You would think that a man who has been the founder and CEO of four software corporations, one of which is stated as doing business with many of the Fortune 50 and Fortune 500 companies, who has also been involved in major roles with two other software/computing companies ( every one of these companies have been cutting edge in their industries ), who sold one of his better known companies to Boeing, a major United States defense contractor, even after it had gotten a LOT of bad press and negative associations attached to it... AND who has a PhD in physics from the prestigous Imperial College London, of which Wiki says:

Imperial has around 13,500 full-time students and 3,330 academic and research staff and had a total income of £705 million in 2010/11, of which £299 million was from research grants and contracts. Imperial is a major centre for biomedical research and is a founding member of the Imperial College Healthcare academic health science centre. It is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world, ranking 24th in the world (and 5th in Europe) in the 2011 Academic Ranking of World Universities, 6th in the world (and 4th in Europe) in the 2012 QS World University Rankings and 8th in the world (and 3rd in Europe) in the 2012 Times Higher Education World University Rankings. There are currently 14 Nobel Prize winners and two Fields Medal winners amongst Imperial's alumni and current and former faculty.

...You'd think this man would have a Wikipedia page. Right?

Nope.

Now let me sweeten the pot.

He's an Israeli, who appears to currently reside in the always popular ( and highly expensive ) Silicon Valley region of California.

One of the companies is now apparently defunct and I can't seem to find much of anything about it online.
One of the companies was a pioneer in streaming media
One of the companies is a DRM (digital rights management) company.
Two of the companies he's strongly associated with are involved in cloud computing.
Oh and the last company? Well, from their own website, I will allow them to tell you what they do....

an independent subsidiary of The Boeing Company, provides powerful cyber security and surveillance software, giving our customers unprecedented insight into their network through innovative big data analysis. As we build our new corporate website, we welcome inquiries about what Cybersecurity 2.0 is all about.

Source

That last company? The one I quoted? ATSers are probably familiar with it. That company is Narus and the subject of this OP co-founded it.

For those who are unfamiliar with Narus - this is the company that builds the supercomputers and software that the United States, China, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia (among others) use to "monitor" ( read spy ) on the Internet.

The image change Narus has suffered and its frequent mentions in debates on privacy and the freedom of information, is mainly because of Mark Klein. That would be a technician retired from AT&T for 22 years, who reported to the American authorities a few months ago that he suspected AT&T of allowing the National Security Agency to bug its customers' phone calls.

Customer Internet traffic via the WorldNet service provider was reportedly shunted to data-mining technology in a secret room at AT&T facilities. The data analysis technology was made by Narus.

The scandal doesn't seem to have bothered Narus much: it takes pride in various forums in the quality of its offerings. Its products enable ISPs and phone companies to monitor and manage their networks, detect illegal intrusions - and tap calls. Nor is Narus shy of declaring AT&T to be one of its customers.

Even though the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which is striving to protect surfer privacy, has decided to sue the NSA in order to find out the scope of Washington's spying on the people, Narus still has nothing official to say about the affair.

If anything, Narus' management happily notes reports on its products, which are involved in countless weird and wonderful projects, including monitoring and blocking of voice and data over Internet. It proudly notes that its products are well used in countries such as China and Saudi Arabia, not really bastions of human rights.

It appears the Narus technology is used there to monitor surfing by the people, and blocking the use of Internet telephone technology such as Skype, which make monitoring communications very hard.

Narus says that its software can monitor and block Skype's communications protocol, other VoIP programs, P2P (peer to peer) networks (such as Kazaa), instant messaging software, email traffic and many other protocols too. When installed on the infrastructure of an Internet provider, it can do all that too, monitoring unbelievably huge amounts of data up to ten gigas per second.

Source

Bear in mind this specific, published information is from 2006. It is not easy to find reliable, hard to contest information on the subject of Mr Ori Cohen - so I'm using what I've got. The progression and focus of technology, since this article was published, have changed a bit. Social networking and, oh dear, cloud computing seem to be the trendy things now.

My, my, my.

From his own LinkedIn page, the following:

Dr. Cohen is an accomplished entrepreneur and the founder of several technology companies, most notably Narus and Skyrider. Ori founded and served as CEO of Narus, the dominant player in real-time traffic intelligence for large IP networks, and the only company that provides security, intercept and traffic management solutions within a single, flexible system. Narus' patented technology is deployed on the largest IP networks around the world including AT&T, KT (Korea), KDDI (Japan), France Telecom, Reliance (India), Saudi Telecom, and US Cellular. Prior to founding Narus, Ori was the Vice President of Business and Technology Development for VDOnet, a leading provider of Internet video conferencing and video on demand software solutions. Before joining VDOnet, Ori served as the CEO of IntelliCom Ltd.

Ori holds a BSc in Physics and Mathematics from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and a Ph.D. in Physics from Imperial College (London, UK) where he studied at the interdisciplinary center for superconductivity and combined Physics, Chemistry and material science research. Dr. Cohen was awarded the prestigious EU human capital and mobility scholarship for his post-doctoral work at the University of Groningen (The Netherlands).

This man has spoken in a panel discussion at MIT/Stanford and he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page? Really?

~Continued...
edit on 12/3/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
He co-founded Narus and then sold it to Boeing and he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page? Really?

He has an "Executive Profile" at Bloomberg Businessweek and he doesn't have a Wikipedia page? REALLY???

I have to be honest folks. In the past I have written about some fairly touchy subjects. To do this without fear of reprisal, lawsuit, arrest, or accidentally giving away information that might risk the lives of others, I post by a set of personal rules:

1) Never source blogs.
2) Always use only information that is already and easily available online ( IE try to avoid Deepweb sources )
3) Focus on technologies, organizations, agencies, etc.
4) ONLY focus upon individuals if they truly possess the appearance of utter inpropriety of behavior, intent, or action.

Using those tools, I feel fine with putting together elements, even if they haven't been connected anywhere else, previously. Stay in the public domain - stay safe. Those rules have kept me morally comfortable and able to sleep at night without falling prey to the all too common "I'm being followed by black helicoptors" paranoia ( or fate maybe - who knows ) that seems to happen to folks who spend their time in this, the deep end of the pool. My rules allow me to be a human being and speak my mind about things.

Having said that: This is the first time I have ever felt a knot in my gut while researching a thread or over posting it.

If Big Brother has a mad scientist henchman at his disposal, this man certainly fits the bill. A genius who is behind some of the most disconcerting technology imaginable and who is either powerful enough, or connected enough to have remained out of the public eye. How is this possible? There are many who have accomplished much less and who are household names. When I come across a person who has remained cloaked so well, and for so long, I can only conclude:

That person cannot be up to anything good.
That person needs to be pulled out of the shadows.

Mr Cohens latest company is called ChooChee, another cutting edge software enterprise that seems to combine all of Cohen's previous works into a single package. From the ChooChee "about" page:

Founded by successful entrepreneurs and industry veterans, working in close partnership with one of the world’s largest global telephony providers, ChooChee is a Mountain View, CA-based startup building the next-generation Cloud-based Unified Communications (CBUC) platform for the consumer and SME markets.

ChooChee’s CBUC platform will deliver both real-time communication services such as instant messaging, presence and location-based services, telephony, video, call control and more, as well as non-real-time communication services such as integrated voicemail, e-mail, SMS and fax – all via the Cloud, accessible to you via web or mobile app.

When we launch, you’ll be able to simply sign up for ChooChee online or at one of thousands of retail locations, and get instant access to intuitively easy-to-use services. No hardware to buy or install onsite, no intensive multi-day configuration, and no waiting. If you’re one of our partners' 150 million mobile subscribers, ChooChee’s services will be available as an option on your current plan.

Read the above again, but this time with the thought, in your head, that this man developed the technology that the NSA, CIA, MID, DoD, FBI, as well as repressive governments worldwide - use to spy on their citizens! This sounds like a one stop intelligence gathering APP! EVERY SINGLE FORM OF DIGITAL COMMUNICATION I CAN THINK OF - ALL IN ONE PLACE. AND BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MAN WHO MADE NARUS!

Let that sink in.

Want an additional jab? Just a poke right in your gut? Here you go... This is a screen Capture of ChooChees main page:

Nose feel a bit rubbed in it yet?

This man literally crafted the lens that Big Brother uses to watch you. He sculpted the mad gods eye. He built a machine that watches us and seeks to see inside of our minds, hearts, and souls. He may not be an evil genius. But surely he is either morally ambiguous, or insane enough to not care about what his craftsmanship was unleashing upon the world. This man birthed a hydra of unfathomable implication - and then sold it, knowing it would potentially be used with nefarious intent.

Oh, and his Alma Mater, the Imperial College London? This is their crest:

That Latin banner? Scientia imperii decus et tutamen

Translated, that's:

Knowledge is the adornment and protection of the Empire

Irony, prophecy, coincidence, or cruel joke - relating to the man who crafted Big Brothers all seeing eye?

Well Mr. Cohen you may enable to let Big Brother see us. But now we see you.

Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself.

Desiderius Erasmus

~Heff

edit on 12/3/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thank you very much for bringing this to light. I had never heard of NARUS or any of this for that matter.

S&F

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thank you. A very well-crafted post. I'll take on all the reading later; sounds fascinating....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Surely you're not suggesting that corporate interests are directly tied to our loss or privacy and the information glut our current government is on, right?

Say it ain't so...

Some people may be shocked by how intertwined it all is, but it's not like we haven't been told about it in regular intervals as control of our own information slips away a piece at a time over & over again.

S&F Heff - great post btw
edit on 3-12-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I know our computers are not the most secure places to put information unless you disconnect one completely from the net, but cloud computing seems to me to be an absurd place to keep anything. I have no doubt that THEY have access to anything and everything in the cloud realm.

There are many ways of safely storing data including a secure away location.

The only one thing we have is their inability to check on all of us, there are too many, but I dislike having to stay under their radar. They have more than one radar and there are multiple THEM.

P

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well done. Great thread. Phenomenal research on your part digging this up.

This is quite scary and you can bet your backside there's a hell of a lot more of this going on which we also don't no about. Our government is reaching further and further into our personal lives and I'm afraid stopping them is not much of an option until the people collectively make a stand.

I hate what the world has become and am frightful of where it's heading. Anyone who isn't honestly a little frightened as well as angry as hell about what our government does and will continue doing until stopped, some how, some way, they simply are ill-informed or have constructed a bubble of ignorance in which they reside.
edit on 3-12-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The name Cohen has been significant to me for a while...ever since the random event of facing a really good pitcher named Cohen in a state championship baseball game when I was 14...

The name further stuck when finding out the name of the actor from the Ali G show, one of my favorite comedians..

Sacha Baron Cohen.

And then when I first started looking into secret societies, and came across this page with alleged members of the committee of 300, I noticed that Cohen was one of the few family names with multiple members on the list...

Abby Joseph Cohen and Ronald Cohen.

Looking into, a find an interesting bit here:

Kohen (or Kohain; Hebrew: כֹּהֵן, "priest", pl. כֹּהֲנִים Kohanim) is the Hebrew word for priest. Jewish Kohanim are traditionally believed and halachically required to be of direct patrilineal descent from the Biblical Aaron.

Kohen wiki

And the list of notables for the surname Cohen is seemingly endless...

Conspicuosly absent from this list of dozens across multiple fields are your Dr. Ori, and the two from the list on that website...

Ronald does have a wiki page though, here

Since its official launch in July 2011, Sir Ronald Cohen has been the Chairman of Big Society Capital, Britain's first social investment bank.

And so does Abby Joseph, here

Abby Joseph Cohen (born 1952 in Queens, New York) is an American economist and financial analyst on Wall Street. She is a partner and—as of March 2008—Senior U.S. investment strategist at Goldman Sachs responsible for leadership of the firm's Global Markets Institute

Ori seems to be as under the radar as it gets for that type of resume, and I find at suspect that the two above are excluded from the Cohen page on wikipedia.

I have no idea if there is any link between the three family-wise, but it's a good bet they know eachother with the same family name in that small world of global elite society.

Is it time to start mentioning the Cohen name along with the Rockefellers and Rothschilds? There isn't really a patriarch to trace them back to, maybe that's why the name is less public. But they are all over the world in positions of power/

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Excellent post!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why would this man have a Wikipedia page?
It's rather apparent that he doesn't want to have one...
Or he has enough clout to stop any page wrote about him.
If I wrote most of the software to spy on everyone, I'd be a bit paranoid too.
Wouldn't want anyone to pull a Terminator 2 home scene on me.
(*Cut to scene that shows a militant Sarah Conners shooting up home computers*)

Pretty scary isn't it?

Great thread as always, Heff.
You are one of the great researchers here.
Just don't go getting yourself mysteriously banned.
*Ahem...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Th Netherlands has a "famous" Cohen too.

Among other things , Mayor of Amsterdam and the political leader of the major left wing party.

Job Cohen

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I actually thought the thread was about Poe for a second. Of course, I realized Poe never got that far with computers...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is what I call a good conspiracy, something we really didn't know about. Something hidden deep in the shadows.
I honestly believe that the big things and decisions that affect our life are happening somewhere in some secret places, between people without name and with a lot of power, and we never even dream about them. The political puppets are then informed about the next course of action; and they try to further conceal from us the origin and the real purpose of those decisions, providing us with a lot of smoke and mirrors. Then we scream and kick back, and hate them, and try to unveil their conspiracy from internet blogs who rehash the same fictional story about a fictional conspiracy a million times over. Bread and circuses. The real conspiracies are the ones nobody talks about. The real powerful people have no name and no face for us to know.

Star and flag for a great research work.
edit on 3-12-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

sooo youre probably aware hes reading this thread right now....

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You'd think this man would have a Wikipedia page. Right?

Not necessarily, does every single executive or business owner have a wiki page?

No they don't.

This man has spoken in a panel discussion at MIT/Stanford and he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page? Really?

Do all the panel members and speakers on said panel have Wikipedia pages?

I like your threads most of the time Heff, but I read them to find useful information, not hyperbole about someone who works in the tech industry. I have worked in the QA industry for my entire adult life, and I have met guys who have worked for defense contractors, and cyber security firms just like this guy founded.

This man literally crafted the lens that Big Brother uses to watch you.

The man could not be over the age of 60, how is he responsible for the nationwide surveillance network. How many other security firms have existed before him? How many other business owners and software developers helped design products which would eventually be used to subvert the freedom of individuals? Countless people going back over 60 years.

Sorry Heff but this this thread I give a big
it is in my opinion one big straw man.

Until you find a video of this guy drinking the blood of some virgin, hell any famous person doing this, my belief in the Illuminati is still null.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

sooo youre probably aware hes reading this thread right now....

The thread and its info will have been stored regardless,yes ,but only read if the OP was on a target list.
At least according to whistleblower and former NSA crypto-mathematician "William Binney".

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Amazing OP!

This is fascinating, I will read it again later just to make sure I digest it all.

This is why ATS is great though, not just the subjects that are mentioned, but the detail people give to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

and like i have said before so many times before what path are we being led to?
The one where highstreet shops and business are closing because of internet
libraries and other educational institutions are being replaced with internet.

What if he that controls the internet becomes like those of the electric, gas, petrol,insurance and banking companies. Without the internet they and we are all screwed because we have become dependant and addicted to technology and money.
I made a few threads and i dare say
Now do ye see the Neptunes trident, USB symbol and ancient civilization connection?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
All things considered he is very shrewd not to have succumbed to the desire for attention and recognition, and got himself a wikipedia page. In his line of business, no publicity is good publicity and might just save his life. He seems, chiefly, to just build up product based companies, sell them off and move on, leaving the grubby work to others. Clever man indeed.

Nice thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join