It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible proof of life on Mars downplayed 2 minutes ago!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Yes, it was ice on Mercury that they found recently. Fascinating stuff, to me at least. And whatever they have found on Mars, as long as it adds to our understanding of the Universe, then I'm all for it. Even the little steps are important.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Slave2Fate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

msnbcmedia1.msn.com...
Where is the boom arm for the mahli camera in this pic does the rover have a camera drone that hovers about taking pics there is nothing linking this picture to the rover how is this possible?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32

msnbcmedia1.msn.com...
Where is the boom arm for the mahli camera in this pic does the rover have a camera drone that hovers about taking pics there is nothing linking this picture to the rover how is this possible?

On Sol 84 (Oct. 31, 2012), NASA's Curiosity rover used the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) to capture this set of 55 high-resolution images, which were stitched together to create this full-color self-portrait.

www.nasa.gov...

That image was comprised of several separate images taken with the MAHLI. It is basically a photographic mosaic.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sostratus
Was it this?

Mars Rover Footprint

You can clearly see that its NOT a footprint but just the track marks off the rover.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slave2Fate

Originally posted by cookiemonster32

msnbcmedia1.msn.com...

On Sol 84 (Oct. 31, 2012), NASA's Curiosity rover used the Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) to capture this set of 55 high-resolution images, which were stitched together to create this full-color self-portrait.

www.nasa.gov...

That image was comprised of several separate images taken with the MAHLI. It is basically a photographic mosaic.

Yes -- and here is further information on that mosaic image:
plus.google.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yea, Sort of like many years ago.(Headline Read)UFO crashed in Roswell.....No wait we are wrong it's a weather balloon. We found somethimng on Mars....looks like a footprint.....No wait it's scoop marks people. Nothing to see here, just some dirt & scoop marks.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sostratus

Looks like a tread mark from the roover. Not a footprint.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

My point exactly!

2nd

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgon8819
Im am here in Chicago watching Channel 7 (ABC) News, and the last segment was "something on Mars" They said NASA would tell us more tomorrow, but the picture they showed looked like 2 foot prints. And what was stranger to me was the fact that they looked just liked the foot prints did that were left on the moon! I have been looking now for 20 minutes and cannot find A SINGLE VIDEO on abclocal.go.com... .

If you find something or are from the Chicagoland area and you saw this segment, let me know what you think

Thanks
Gorgon

Is this what you are referring too?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cohort

No its not.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort

Originally posted by gorgon8819
Im am here in Chicago watching Channel 7 (ABC) News, and the last segment was "something on Mars" They said NASA would tell us more tomorrow, but the picture they showed looked like 2 foot prints. And what was stranger to me was the fact that they looked just liked the foot prints did that were left on the moon! I have been looking now for 20 minutes and cannot find A SINGLE VIDEO on abclocal.go.com... .

If you find something or are from the Chicagoland area and you saw this segment, let me know what you think

Thanks
Gorgon

Is this what you are referring too?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

With a 4cm heel that must mean the Martians wear tiny little shoes. Only an advanced technological civilization could make shoes that small.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
lol if something like this is on the news, its likely to be BS propaganda.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It is the scour marks left by the rovers scoop that it uses to collect samples.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join