It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me your thoughts!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have been reading a novel "The Great Divide" by Frank M Robinson & John F Levin. What it comes down to is a new Constitutional Convention is called. Read the book to get the fictional version of this, but the Constitution, does allow for this. And I for 1 think it's time. How better to control a runaway legislature, judiciary, etc..than for the people to speak out. First and foremost I should stae, I believe in the Constitution as it was written. But maybe the people need to take control, from the legislature and judiciary who only seem to have there own agenda to advance. I believe this could be used, to keep the WHOLE constitution as it is, with the People of this country ammending it...to solve the problems of......
1) Illegal Immagration, certainly the "elected officails" won't touch this for fear of losing votes.
2) Gay Marriage...see reason above......
3) Taxation.....Kinda funny how Russia (who was a communist country) has a flat tax 13%, that EVERYONE pays, yet here in America you pay depending on your income.
4) Education.....This country spends the most on education and gets some of the worst results....time to hold teachers, schools, and school districts ACCOUNTABLE! If the teachers union doesn't like it, well F.O.!!!
5) Unions, are good and bad. They help the indvidual worker, but stiffle change on a whole.
6) Foriegn Policy....After Sept 11, 2001 we need to look out for US first. We were attacked in the one place we convinced ourselves we were safe. AT HOME!! I'm all for diplomacy, but I believe there comes a point where you KICK ASS AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER!!! You are either with us or against us. This country gives a RIDICULOUS amount of foriegn aid. Maybe it's time we cut back from our fair-weather friends and put that money to use here.
7) WELFARE.....This is long, so give me a chance to explain. FIRST I don't mind helping those in need! But I refuse to help those who won't help themselves. It is said that ILLEGAL IMMAGRANTS do the work no one wants to do...well heres a solution, let those on welfare do the work. If you don't like TOUGH #...no more free rides. I'm not inconsiderate, those on welfare working these jobs, I'm willing to help get an education to better them selves. If you don't want to do this...then fine, spend the rest of your life picking vegatables. When I was in high school, I worked a meaning less job in a supermarket. Let the welfare people and young workers entering the workplace, do these jobs...If they don't like it, then it's up to them to take advantage of the oppurtunities to better themselves.

Thats it for now let me know what you all think!!!!!

new topics

join