It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typhoon Pablo heading straight for Philippines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I just finished talking with my fiancee this morning and she was telling me that everything was fine with her but no word from the province yet. She's from Iloilo originally and still has family there.

I really hate not being able to get decent info in an easy manner. She will always tell me everything is fine then send pics later with all the damage from the floods in her area.

All my best wishes to everyone in the storm path.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...
I think many lives where spared for this one due to the governments stressed urgency and mandatory evacuations.
Death toll thus far is a fraction of last years storm of lesser strength and size.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It just started raining here in Northern Luzon! So happy because the gardens needed rain real bad all around the mountains.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
300 reported dead so far probably more to come

Most died in a mudslide in Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley.

MANILA (3rd Update, 6:55 p.m.) -- Typhoon "Pablo" (international name: Bopha) has killed nearly 300 people and left dozens more missing, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Wednesday afternoon.

In its official and latest data, the agency confirmed that 274 people were reported dead while 339 others were injured. Of the total number of fatalities, only 18 have been identified.

About 82 of the fatalities were from Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley, where a mudslide was reported on Tuesday in New Bataan town.

The 33 victims in the said town, who died due to drowning, remain unidentified.

link

My heart goes out to all you in the Philippines and those with families there.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
It just started raining here in Northern Luzon! So happy because the gardens needed rain real bad all around the mountains.

Careful what you wish for....its actually coming your way now.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Strange, its doing laps. Watch it will come back through the center now.

edit on 8-12-2012 by The Great Day because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join