posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:13 AM
300 reported dead so far probably more to come
Most died in a mudslide in Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley.
MANILA (3rd Update, 6:55 p.m.) -- Typhoon "Pablo" (international name: Bopha) has killed nearly 300 people and left dozens more missing, the
National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Wednesday afternoon.
In its official and latest data, the agency confirmed that 274 people were reported dead while 339 others were injured. Of the total number of
fatalities, only 18 have been identified.
About 82 of the fatalities were from Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley, where a mudslide was reported on Tuesday in New Bataan town.
The 33 victims in the said town, who died due to drowning, remain unidentified.
My heart goes out to all you in the Philippines and those with families there.