It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Advent - an extended welcome to all sorts of believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There are so many traditions in regards to how Christmastime can be enjoyed – i ask for an Open mind.

i would like to extend a Huge Welcome to all sorts of believers or not-believers to celebrate the 1st Advent Day (4 Sundays before Christmas are dedicated to prepare for the Celebrations of Love and Light, a Day called Christmas).

it does not matter what images one holds for that Day; it is to enjoy the Spirit of this Time that i invite You to participate.

i think people celebrating this Spirit polish these festive days to the max. Never do their cities and homes look as bright which reflects their hearts. it is a tender moment they share with each other and i extend a welcome to all people of All ‘religions’, ‘believes’, ‘philosophies’, ‘attitude’ to join and share that Light that penetrates All our Hearts.

one of the top most Beautiful Christmas markets in Europe

near Fairy Tale celebrations

there is a trend to hugely cut back on traditional symbols Christians have used over a lot of time to Express to each other that what is important in their hearts. they modify ‘their Customs’ but not the spirit to accommodate every Body to be able to understand and to feel comfortable in their observations. The Light is a Living Thing. Please look at this from a positive viewpoint, Please share your Experiences as you feel them, or see them, some might hear special things.

Please contribute to this Festivity of Love and Togetherness with Thoughts to further improve visions all around the World so one day We can stand and hold hands all over the Globe.

Please give us insight into your customs and celebrations and customs nomatter what part they come from – as long as they work towards Love and Care for All Living Beings in the World. Tell us what moment in your Practice is the Brightest.

"leise rieselt der schnee", a song in anticipation of a White Xmas

a poem to warm your Heart

The Christmas-Box

THIS box, mine own sweet darling, thou wilt find
With many a varied sweetmeat's form supplied;
The fruits are they of holy Christmas tide,
But baked indeed, for children's use design'd.
I'd fain, in speeches sweet with skill combin'd,
Poetic sweetmeats for the feast provide;
But why in such frivolities confide?
Perish the thought, with flattery to blind!
One sweet thing there is still, that from within,
Within us speaks,--that may be felt afar;
This may be wafted o'er to thee alone.
If thou a recollection fond canst win,
As if with pleasure gleam'd each well-known star,
The smallest gift thou never wilt disown.

by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is a time when many people put earthly matters second as good as they can and give of themselves to eachother. this is what enhances the Light and from a distance the world resembles like some of the beautifully decorated landscapes .

beautiful images in the Snow

I have this vision that All Nations and Cultures extend an Open Heart and Invite All to join in and share their celebrations and practices of Light in their particular way and their relevant Time. And i have this vision that All accept these invitations. In this Manner there could be a New Norm of This Spirit all Year Round.

Give us All a Chance to elevate the Niveau together!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'll pass, but thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How did the kindly Christian saint, good Bishop Nicholas, become a roly-poly red-suited American symbol for merry holiday festivity and commercial activity? History tells the tale.

The first Europeans to arrive in the New World brought St. Nicholas. Vikings dedicated their cathedral to him in Greenland. On his first voyage, Columbus named a Haitian port for St. Nicholas on December 6, 1492. In Florida, Spaniards named an early settlement St. Nicholas Ferry, now known as Jacksonville. However, St. Nicholas had a difficult time during the 16th century Protestant Reformation which took a dim view of saints. Even though both reformers and counter-reformers tried to stamp out St. Nicholas-related customs, they had very little long-term success except in England where the religious folk traditions were permanently altered. (It is ironic that fervent Puritan Christians began what turned into a trend to a more secular Christmas observance.) Because the common people so loved St. Nicholas, he survived on the European continent as people continued to place nuts, apples, and sweets in shoes left beside beds, on windowsills, or before the hearth

HohOHO!

SS

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i need some understanding here for my seeming rudeness of not being a good Host to my own thread.

of course its these Santa's Helpers that take my attention.

now its them in Queensland Australia that abandoned their jobs because of the HeatWave and they left for the Beach. The Ocean is so thick with Santas on Surf Boards that the Water appears to be Red.

Specially with the dye bleeding from some of the cheap Santa's Outfits.

new topics

top topics

join