It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Report DHS is closing Facebook / YouTube / Twitter Accounts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I dont know how valid this is but I am researching it - thought I would pass this on
because you just dont know about anything these days.
and I would suspect that if there is a NWO sooner or later they will have to do something
about these informational resources such as AboveTopSecret... anyway - here where I got it from:

edit on 2-12-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

How about a tad more info for those of us that don't have the ability to watch videos.
Interesting thread title but your post gives me no clue
thanx

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'll believe it when I actually see it happen. Sadly, I may also eat those words like a bad breakfast sooner than I'd like to think, but until then....I stand by that.

There is something that is truly beneficial in things like the Ads that people occasionally raise a stink about with Above Top Secret, Facebook, Youtube and the others. It supplies the owners with money for things like legal teams if things go really badly. If DHS actually moves to squelch free speech on the face of it, then smaller sites like I and many others run on the side may be crushed flat with hardly a footnote. However, the big ones like ATS and Facebook will see what the Supreme Court has to say about all that and I'd bet, in short order too.

Given recent history with the Super Court, I think the actions may be surprisingly short lived for DHS.
I expect to see them start trying this, but I think it will be slower and far more subtle... Just my thoughts and reasons for not worrying too much.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
~Sigh~

I tried to ring this bell and let folks know about the secret Cybersecurity EO signed recently. About the UN Resolution / pact that is about to happen with the ITU in Dubai - AND about every other aspect of this battle.

Sadly I don't think too many took it seriously.

In reality this person could be lying. Or they could have been lied to, Or they could be working with only part of the story ( there is mention of "prepping" which I take to mean "doomsday prepping" ) and the person in question may have accessed a honeypot somewhere.

But, yes, this type of thing is real and it's about to get a LOT more common. It's already way more common than it was even a year ago.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

His friend in Canada got a weird phone call asking him some questions - I think his friend stores food, or teaches you how to store food or can food for long term storage - something like that - the person called and got the wrong answers from him - I guess, and now his accounts are all closed stating DHS did it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How is this significant? What are the implications? They have an Internet Kill switch don't they?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Basically the man in the video is saying a close friend of his who lives in Canada had his YouTube channel along with other social media accounts shut down in short order after being questioned by someone there on YouTube about how much stuff he owns, as a prepper.

Person in video says that his friend cannot even view YouTube, or Twitter now, since being "banned"...
As the top comment on the video page says, it's a shame that no screen capture of any sort was taken.

I believe it, as much as hearsay can allow, anyway.

Suppression of free speech under the guise of national security?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Thats a hollow threat - anyone who was in computers and networking since the begining knows - that the internet was designed to never go down - it was pacifically designed for all out nuclear war. the only way
to kill the internet is by connection - IP address blocking - ISP account closing - and if that happens just -
find a open WiFi and a clean un attached laptop and connect up again.... sorry - but an Internet Kill Switch makes for some good Press - but almost impossible to implement.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That argument is akin to saying "They can't cut off my water because I have pipes and a faucet". The ITU and the telecom companies control the signal. ICANN controls the DNS servers.

Get those folks on board and you can kill the entire thing all the way down to bluetooth and dial up, client to client peer networking.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
NSA Whistleblower: Everyone in US under virtual surveillance, all info stored, no matter the post

Society is breaking down, eventually we are going to see people starting to disappear.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, but if you notice - every system from Banking to Work is done on computers - if they shut them down - there is no work and there is no coming back, under computers if they do.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

They won't shut down the entire net, just most of it.

Those systems that you mentioned will still function.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Obama recently had an executive order allowing him to take over control over all communication, or did I misread that somewhere, anyway even if he didn't it would not take much to disrupt all communication on this planet, a few well placed "accidental" satellite problems, electrical grid disruptions, cell phone towers are all connected to the same network, I really don't think any of it matters, when the time comes for them to change this, it will just happen and the ability we all have to communicate will just disappear. They will be the only ones able to communicate on a secured network frequency and there will not be a damn thing anyone can do about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Basically the man in the video is saying a close friend of his who lives in Canada had his YouTube channel along with other social media accounts shut down in short order after being questioned by someone there on YouTube about how much stuff he owns, as a prepper.

Well I have a 300x1500x10 ft subterranean nuke bunker, all cammied out and dressed up with a hydrolic entry way and assorted panic buttons. Sustenance for 30 peeps just over 1/2 a year. Water, Rifles, knives and two quads.
Had a line procured from one of the under ground tanks at the gas station on the corner, so I get all my gas for free even after it closes.

Do yo see what I'm getting at here?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Loose lips sink ships.....and that means don't talk about "ALL THE AMAZING PREPS YOU HAVE"

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

FTR I've never advocated the notion that a "killswitch" would be arbitrarily used on a national level. It would exist to create blackout pockets if such a need arose. Like after a natural disaster, or, more specifically, if any militia type group were to accomplish something - such as taking a state capitol... something along those lines.

I think in the future events like the Superdome, post Katrina, will be effectively silenced by blocking social media in a localized way. THAT is how I see a killswitch being used.

Good God... the idea of 300,000,000 Internet zombies all walking outside at once, staring at the sky because their Tweets weren't sending? It'd cause a national freak out. That'll never happen.

What is going to happen soon is limited access, based upon a subscription model. Like your cable TV's "On Demand" structure. The telecoms will make HUGE $$$ and this structure will effectively filter content.

A precedent? the AOL of old.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Do you think because I wrote that DHS is going to be hopping the fence in my backyard. Showing up at my door wanting to" have a look around "?

I hope so, I'd be ombroflmao.

The key is you can't believe it just because you read it on the net. Why because of the large population of pathological liars AKA Bull Sheetters that are present among humanity.
edit on 2-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, I don't think it, but I do know some people who go on DOOMSDAY preppers and stuff like that DO get looked at.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

the thing about communications is it will happen by one means or another - I was taught communications, methods, technology - and if they take away the computer - another form will appear to fill that need. maybe flyers - newspapers - signs - some form of communication will take its place... and it goes all the way back to cave painting boss - so there is a long history of communication and just removing one form will not stop the flow of it.... there was a time when news on the east coast took 3 months to make it to the west coast -- but it made it. and during the french occupation during WWII there was some real creative methods of communication going on -

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
DHS is 66,000 strong - the USA has a population of 310 million ... do you think they have enough man power ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join