It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown (2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
“So…twenty minutes left,” Raynard said, eyes on his wristwatch. “What do you think is going to happen?”

Mitchell groaned. “Nothing’s going to happen, idiot,” he said. “All this doomsday crap is just that…crap. And you’re falling for it.”

Raynard took a swig of beer and frowned at his friend. “Not true,” he argued. He took another swallow and pointed an admonishing finger at his friend. “Something’s going to happen. I can feel it,”

“Increased vibrational frequencies,” Star Child said, entering the room. She settled on the sofa, her gauzy skirts swirling around her. “I can feel it, too.” She held up a crystal pendant that rested against her breasts. “Its going to be incredible.”

“Nah, you’re all wrong,” Mitchell said. He poured more beer into his cup, shaking his head. “You’ll see. The world will go on spinning, things will be fine.” He glanced at his watch. “Either way, we’ll know in three minutes.”

Star Child sipped her green tea and smiled knowingly. “I wonder what it will feel like,” she murmured. “When we transition, I mean.” She set down her tea and folded herself in the lotus position. “Any minute now…”

“Countdown to midnight!” Raynard said, eyes glued to his watch. “Here we go! Ten. Nine. Eight.”

“I’m telling you, nothing’s going to happen.”

“Seven. Six. Five.”

“I can feel it! It’s happening!

“Four. Three.”

“Do you hear that?”

“Two. On

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I feel like I am missing part of the story, or else I am just not vibrating at the right frequency.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah, its a preliminary attempt that my husband suggested.

The end is supposed to be a cliff-hanger sort. Something happened, the story couldn't be finished, but what was it? That sort of thing.

I need to step up my game.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I liked your story. Keep up the good work. Do not be discouraged. I pictured star child transitioning into pure energy. Thats what your story made me think happen next.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice

I liked your story. Keep up the good work. Do not be discouraged. I pictured star child transitioning into pure energy. Thats what your story made me think happen next.

I pictured her joining a cult....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
edit on 2-12-2012 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, I liked this story. I think something happened that none of them were prepared for ...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There' still another month.

It definitively won't happen in 24 hours.

Like........Duh...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Says who?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Interesting perspective, rather short, but yet it lets the mind wander to the possibilities.

Flagged.

Get your game on. I went through and read the entries so far, so now I gotta raise the bar a bit.

Hope you stop by to read when it's up.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Nice. Short and sweet. But you were still able to develope real characters.

Good job.

You need to put 2013 in [] though and not (), me thinks.

SnF

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

S&F.

And...well, I for one, am glad I didn't read this on dec 21th. Then I would have written someth

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I flagged and starred it earlier! A story doesn't have to be long to be compelling and interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Its short and doesnt give anything on what happend. people without imagination could call it boring i liked it

new topics

top topics

join