It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Dome Holds a Mayan Calendar - Calculates to tomorrow 25920 - Dec. 3rd

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

If by hardcore you mean I believe, this is true. As for being a typical Christian, this is not the case. I hold no fixed theology. Theology is a box we put God in. Instead, I am allowing God to take me out of that box.

So you follow a flexible doctrine that allows you to believe what is convenient and attractive to you and dismiss the inconvenient, a Humpty Dumpty approach if you will. To paraphrase, 'God means what I choose Him to mean; neither more nor less'.

You'll pardon me if you've established another reason not to take your posting persona seriously

Fitz

Denying ignorance is embracing truth. I simple seek and knock. God does the rest. Faith is not our work, but God's work in us.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Faith is not our work, but God's work in us.

Faith is our work towards God. The Almighty is ere unchanging. Therefore the change that must happen must come from us, not Him

Fitz

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Faith is our work towards God. The Almighty is ere unchanging. Therefore the change that must happen must come from us, not Him

Fitz

Salvation is not our work. It's never about what we do, but what has been done for us.

Hebrews 2

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. 11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. 12 He says,

“I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters;
in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
13 And again,

“I will put my trust in him.”
And again he says,

“Here am I, and the children God has given me.”

John 6

65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Fitz

Salvation is not our work. [snip]

Hmm...funny ol' thing but I would swear I was talking about Faith.

Fitz

<< 4  5  6   >>

join