Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Updated WIKI on Bob Lazar today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Want to hear something REALLY odd? Bob now runs United Nuclear.
United Nuclear
Guess who they supply? Yep, the US Government. If he was a whistlblower, why would the US Government buy from a guy that told "Lies" about them? He has been quiet for the last 10-15 years, i wonder if they shut him up with orders / contracts?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
JFK, a sitting POTUS, was assassinated in a conspiracy and no one worried about connecting any dots or keeping that hushed. The coup didn't worry about trying to cover up his death with a heart attack, or faulty brakes, or other devious way. They put a hole the size of a football into his brain. If was Lazaar really knew anything I don't see TPTB having any qualms about killing him either.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

So true, when someone has got to die..they gonna die.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Indeed. I can't help but draw the same comparison to Lazaar.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Correct me if I am wrong...But... The only reason we know Area 51 exists was because Bob was the first to blow the whistle on this base.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratpunk
reply to post by BlasteR

Correct me if I am wrong...But... The only reason we know Area 51 exists was because Bob was the first to blow the whistle on this base.

Bob Lazar became famous talking about area 51 in 1989 but one of the earliest public mentions of area 51 was in 1980 from Weekly World News

Map from the Weekly World News, 1980

source

But it has been found to exist in records from as far back as the 1960's

Area 51 is a top secret government facility; which is first mentioned in a CIA document in 1967. For many decades, the government’s position was that no such base existed, but as of recent note, the Government has conceded that there is a military installation, near Groom Lake, which is the facility identified as Area 51.

source

edit on 2-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That's nonsense that they couldn't kill him if they wanted to. Bob Lazar mugged and shot by some meth head tweaker. And the tweaker did it because he was told Lazar stole something from him or whatever. 1000 different ways to do it. He has to die sometime and somehow. It wouldn't prove anything at all. And even if people thought the government did it so what? You couldn't prove it.Who would you even ask?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There's one angle that people seem to forget with Bob and Area 51. Bob didn't "out" Area 51, he merely fleshed out the bones that the Russians had already exposed by releasing the now famous satellite photos of an "area of desert" that actually contained a huge facility. It's the photo that adorns the rear of the box of the Tester model of the "sports version UFO" that Bob Lazar describes.

In other words, Bob popped up just as the information was leaking into the public arena and here's the kicker the nub of the matter, the information was leaking into the public's gaze without the USA having any control over it and what it might actually involve. To that extent, it's wholly possible that Bob was put out there to actually steer everyone away from the true nature of Area 51 and down a path that can only end in riddles, moonshine and utter confusion. Now, that's how Governments deal with keeping secrets.

So, you have the Russians blowing the cover of Area 51 and that, because they only had photographic evidence, created what might one term as as "information vacuum" . The people who run the base and control its' operations had to rush to fill that vacuum just in case someone really did leak "real substantiated" evidence into the glare of the public. Bob was and still is, the perfect patsy. Here we have a guy, similar to Einstein, nothing as a student to mark him out as "special" and yet quite obviously he is a natural "intellect" and what's more, he has a genuinely practical bent when it comes to building the stuff he dreams up.

However, there lies the eternal conundrum, genius often comes with a bill that is hard to foot for those who don't possess the same keen edged mind. It comes with eccentricity, it comes with difficult personalities. The chances are, more than likely, the whole schlep about MIT, Caltech etc etc is actually the cover story Bob was given at Area 51 so, those other scientists he worked with there took him seriously. Bob is merely doing what it takes to keep himself out of deep deep trouble by offering up the story the government want you to know replete with endless prating about his "qualifications".Bob was perfect as an area 51 employee as he was totally plausibly deniable on just about every level however, Bob is a very very intelligent guy end of and he almost certainly worked on top secret projects for the government. Some of those projects possibly involved craft of an, as yet, undisclosed design and capability. The rest.....we don't know,

It's the age old trick. You build a huge bank, surround it with guards and all manner of hi tech security and then keep the 25 carat diamond ring in the pawn shop window over the road, with a sticker saying, "$25 Sold" on it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

That's plausible imo. Maybe Bob was a part of all of it. But wouldn't that put him in the same basic danger of being" wiped out"? He would still be a loose end. Btw, i didn't mean to sound uncivil by using the word nonsense In my previous comment. Everyone has their own opinion. If i offended anyone i do apologize.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Batfink420

I don;t think Bob's a stooge for the government, I suspect he was "carefully steered" into going public. It doesn't take much to stick a few cars outside the house, make a few weird phone calls, make you feel like you are being followed, to activate a person's paranoia. I suspect Bob knows enough to sound interesting yet ,not enough, to be taken that seriously. That works perfectly for the government as all sides of the debate spend more time talking about Bob himself, rather than, what he actually said about Area 51.

If people have the time i really do recommend you watch these videos about Britain's own "Area 51" Bletchley Park during World War 2. The recruitment was at times , seemingly random and yet, it was based in a clever methodology. They picked those who had the "right aptitude" almost irrelevant of their actual back ground. I see no reason to suspect that the USA didn't copy that recruitment model for somewhere like Area 51

This is just part 1 of episode 1 the rest is well worth viewing as it gives a great insight into the history of somewhere that "didn't exist".

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Contrary to popular thinking, Area 51, or Detachment 3, as its formal facility name is, was less-secret than most people know. Now although it may have minimally been mentioned as "Area 51," various other names existed at the time that were mentioned, mostly in publications, announcements, etc. I'll do my best to locate some credible sources. Additionally, like the name of the facility itself, the SR-71 Blackbird was not kept a secret, though its true mission was maintained hidden. And like the Blackbird, the U-2 was not a state-held secret either, though it's true mission was shrouded in secrecy for obvious reasons.

Due to copyright restrictions I was unable to copy and paste quotes from the original website to ATS. Conduct a websearch for Area 51-It was Never Really Secret. Please visit the website for a detailed history of Watertown Strip.

There are multiple public announcements, mostly referring to the facility as Watertown, in the 1950's and 1960's.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

interesting theory.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I went from thinking Bob Lazar was a liar to believing what he was saying to now thinking he is a complete government shill.

Yeah, his birth records and crap like that don't exist because it would say he works for the government and is a trained and paid shill.

To each his own though. His name still kinda cracks me up and I do still enjoy mentioning him from time to time.

He's like the Bill Nye of Area 51 or something... kind of bizarre that Bob Lazar.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
Stanton Friedman has remained adimant about Bob's educational records proving him as a phony. But that wouldn't matter if the government had destroyed everything down to his birth records and potentially falsified/altered past educational records to discredit him - as Bob Lazar claims.
Friedman doesn't stop at his records. Friedman is a physicist and says Lazar doesn't know things that a physicist would know. So no destruction of records would account for that, only Lazar inflating his background would (or a terrible memory perhaps, but that excuse gets really old).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Not quite made up my mind completely on this guy. There is far too much noise in the whole picture to see anything clearly.

reply to post by PhoenixOD

I cant help thinking it would have been far easier to just make the guy drop dead of a heart attack or disappear than go to all the trouble of erasing his history in the hop that this would discredit him. I mean far more important people have been killed for far less in the past.

Send a fool, lunatic, out on the street, shouting out loud some strange but totally true story. No one believes the guy. It's not about the content, it's about the appearance, as many other things in this world.

While killing him is simply too suspicious (even though that doesn't make the guy any more legit), having him kept well public but at the same time discrediting him far and large, is more useful to a government that would want to keep their secrets. How is Lazar believable 100%? No way, he's not. Purpose served. Who wants to believe a fool like him, except some UFO fanatics?

Well, I don't know about him really. Too much stuff blurring the view.

reply to post by DarKPenguiN

A "secret" this big would be protected by any means necessary. And these people would obviously be smart enough to find a way to get to Lazar, have him recant, be silent or end up dead (or someone close to him)

Unnecessary. Read my thoughts above.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Yes the Lazar story.

I've never really scrutinised his credentials in fine detail. But I've always wondered what the real motivations were behind his "going public". Were the reasons purely his own or was someone else pulling the strings?

1) Did he simply want his 15 minutes of fame and it all got out of hand?
2) Did he really think he needed to protect himself from being silenced?
3) Did someone else want him to release information and engineered the whole scenario?

If he isn't an attention seeker who totally underestimated the consequences of his actions then there is something more to Lazar's story, even if very little of it is actually true.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
that sounds very bob lazzar

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by Cosmic911
JFK, a sitting POTUS, was assassinated in a conspiracy and no one worried about connecting any dots or keeping that hushed. The coup didn't worry about trying to cover up his death with a heart attack, or faulty brakes, or other devious way. They put a hole the size of a football into his brain. If was Lazaar really knew anything I don't see TPTB having any qualms about killing him either.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

So true, when someone has got to die..they gonna die.

Not necessarily. The best way to shut someone up is to discredit them so that whatever they say is not listened to. In addition nobody will take whatever they said seriously after they die of old age.

Whether the discrediting of what he says has happened or not or he has told the truth or not is no longer of any consequence. The current situation is that a significant section of the conspiracist circles don't believe what he says and so even if he is telling the truth the PTB don't have to do a damn thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

...it's wholly possible that Bob was put out there to actually steer everyone away from the true nature of Area 51...

So Lazaar comes forward and says there are two bases, Area 51 and S4. They test advanced top secret aircraft at Area 51 and reverse engineer UFO technology at S4. So if he is "steering everyone away from the true nature of Area 51," than what do you suggest is being carried out at these two facilities?
edit on 3-12-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

I disagree. It's far easier to blow someone's brain's out than it is to take the time to make all their educational records disappear. I'm sorry but that's not going to happen overnight. It's alot easier to get a meth head, give him some cash and a gun.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
For everyone who keeps claiming that Bob Lazar works for the government: that begs the question that none of you are answering.

Why? Why did the government work with Bob to release such a story that would bring constant attention to Area 51 for the next several decades and on into the present? Why would they fuel the fires for the idea that the government is keeping huge secrets from the public? What point could this possibly serve?

Even if you want to make things up like "there was never anything at Area 51, all the good stuff is elsewhere, and this was a stunt to direct attention to Area 51 and away from the real place," it still means that the public is now that much more interested and concerned that something really important that they deserve to know about is being withheld from them by the government, and they're now butting in to government business in an attempt to learn secrets. It's a lose-lose situation.

You'd want the public to think that the government is of the people, by the people, and for the people. The last thing you'd want to do is bring suspicion down onto yourselves, regardless of what the suspicion is about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join