It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

You sure like using those hot girls to keep us guys drooling.

The only improvement I can think of is to put a big frothy mug of beer in each hand.

...and a sammich, you can't go wrong with a girl with a sammich in her hand.

edit on 2/25/13 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I really, really like it.

You have inspired me to work on my blending skills. I don't do graphic design for a living....but I DID manage a Holiday Inn Express once! (and have stayed at more than a few over the years).

ETA: thought it worth a mention: while working on that image, I thought about you. Your statement about trying to include color (and your reason why) was the impetus to work on that image. Fitting that you actually saw some value in it, as well as an honor.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by vkey08

I really, really like it.

You have inspired me to work on my blending skills. I don't do graphic design for a living....but I DID manage a Holiday Inn Express once! (and have stayed at more than a few over the years).

ETA: thought it worth a mention: while working on that image, I thought about you. Your statement about trying to include color (and your reason why) was the impetus to work on that image. Fitting that you actually saw some value in it, as well as an honor.
edit on 25-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

I can tell you the thing that hit me the most about it was the cat.. it's just perfect behind her, almost staring out in more of a warning pose than she has... It is an awesome image
and I'm glad that I inspired someone, you just made my evening..

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Yes sir. Born in Amarillo, lived out of state for 2 of my 40 years (a year in Oklahoma as a child, and a year in Wyoming as an adult). True blue, dyed in the wool West Texan. Not to be confused with those carpetbaggers out in East Texas. LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Here's something that should align on top of your background, using the "stock of the line model", just pop it into your avatar spot.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Because sometimes if you don't do your hobby, someone might die.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I learned a new GIMP technique, BTW, using the measure tool. (I'm going to have to make a tutorial in my Gimp thread.)

You can "show" the grid over an image, then use the measure tool to find a location for center. (Any location, for that matter.) Pressing the "CTRL" key lays in a nice horizontal and/or vertical alignment line. Working with frames, and dragging them to the vertex, "snaps" them into place. Perfect alignment with no fiddling. Accurate to the pixel. Working with two windows, an animation and a background, with two grids, boils it down to simple math, like Agarta said previously.

The more I play around, the more I learn.

I still have no design skills. I'm about artistic as a rock. I'll help where I can, and I can work with "premade" images, but creating the artwork you guys produce? I'm still amazed at all the fine work and effort that goes into this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Bartlesville Oklahoma here.

Thanks again for the work.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
that looks MUCH better thank you

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That boat looks brilliant!

Seeing some really cool creativity from all of you!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
that looks MUCH better thank you

Your UFO looks awesome........

Boy, these guys really fixed you up right!!!!!
Good job as usual.....

------------------------------------

ETA: I just noticed that you guys made the EYE on the magazine for Rodinus blink.....xtra cool

edit on 26-2-2013 by snarky412 because: cool stuff going on here........

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Something odd is happening with the background I'm using now... Sometimes my entire name is cut off at the top!? Some pages it renders fine, others it's completely chopped off.
Perhaps this is why there are guidelines to be followed!

Seems ok in this thread, but this thread it is chopped off...
edit on 25-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Tweaked to size:

Sorry, can't quit till it looks perfect.

Use this version now.
edit on 2/25/13 by Druid42 because: added text.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Use a slightly different background, sans the original UFO:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nice, I like how you've removed the city outline (mostly), I think its a huge improvement and will look far more professional now.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

hey Zarn and Fatty (Bigfatfurrytexan is mega long to type, (oops i have just written it!) and all the other great people here.

I will be over in the States end of this year or beginning 2014, so i will see what i can do...

Jeez, Chatêau Laffite *cough cough*... To be quite honest i might have a couple of those bottles kicking around in a box in the cellar somewhere (i don't live far from there!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 26-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Well...if you are going to be near west texas, i know some pretty top notch chefs. I would bet that if haut cuisine a la West Texas doesn't tickle the fancy, a big old ribeye steak would.
I would love the opportunity to show you some hospitality to take back to France. LOL.

On a side note, my dark mood today screamed for me to make a gorilla ninja.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I dunno...the owl looks good in this thread. ATS has some glitchiness sometimes.

I love the stoic, 1000 yard stare on that owl.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Rodinus

Well...if you are going to be near west texas, i know some pretty top notch chefs. I would bet that if haut cuisine a la West Texas doesn't tickle the fancy, a big old ribeye steak would.
I would love the opportunity to show you some hospitality to take back to France. LOL.

On a side note, my dark mood today screamed for me to make a gorilla ninja.

Probably be going to Baltimore first and then Flying across to San Diego maybe a stop off at Texas if i can, (love that place (especially Mortons steak house and the old town)), I will take you up for the hospitality... want me to bring some Horsemeat along from Europe? But then again, you can't beat a big old steakeye!

Extra info is that i proposed to my GF this Christmas after 17 years together and 2 kids... and she responded "Why not!", we have decided to get married in LV but haven't decided if Elvis or Darth Vader will be the "priest"

Thanks again for all the hard work to each and everyone of you.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Gorilla ninja! O.O Run for your lives!

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join