It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
reply to post by snarky412

Thanks for the use of the cool Valentine avatar, snarky

I'll get it up later today ...and Happy Valentine's Day to you and all!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

hey 74Templar i love it
its just my size aswell
Isis isnt
there but its cool, i love Hathor anyway.
many thanks 74Templar

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That is so nice i love it!!! thank you so much
reply to post by FortAnthem

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is the nicest one i have ever seen im going to use these ones for sure, You are a great artist Love it

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
let me know if you guys can see my signature, im kinda having trouble with it

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowyOwl

Copy the regular pic code and paste it into the sig box. For some reason it doesn't work the way it does with avatars.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnowyOwl

If this was your sig just take the "Use in a post" and copy and paste that and place it in your signature bar in your "Tools" menu.

-SAP-
edit on 14-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

hey 74Templar i love it
its just my size aswell
Isis isnt
many thanks 74Templar

Whoops, I guess I got the wrong ones after all...
My egyptology is pretty basic...

I did do a bit of study as to which one was which, and thought that was the correct two, Osiris being the right, Isis on the left. I can change them up if you want to provide me with an image of them.

edit on 14/2/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

hey 74Templar i love it
its just my size aswell
Isis isnt
many thanks 74Templar

Whoops, I guess I got the wrong ones after all...
My egyptology is pretty basic...

I did do a bit of study as to which one was which, and thought that was the correct two, Osiris being the right, Isis on the left. I can change them up if you want to provide me with an image of them.

actually you got it spot on
my mistake, sorry for the confusion
it was the cow horns on isis that thru me off then i had a "D'OH!' moment and realised isis also has them with sun disc in between
sorry 74 Templar, and thank you again for my new sig.

i did try to give you and Agarta credit for my avatar and sig under my sig but the writing wont appear

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Try putting anything else above the code line, it should work. The sig line is 586x70, so it pretty much takes up all the sig space.

And I'm happy I did get them right. As I said, I had to do a bit of study to find the right images, the original image had four people on it. Osiris I knew, due to the mask, but the other three looked the same, except for the horns and the globe on one, so I figured important figures are always more elaborately dressed.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SnowyOwl

If you want the full image, copy this code into the 'use as avatar' space where you currently have the pic;

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Just remove the space between the h and the t at the begining before you hit submit.

Then click on the image and click on the bit that says 'use as background' like this;

It will then come up with this screen;

Just click submit and you should have the full image.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey there

Sorry haven't been online in a while had a big project at work which took away all my free time.
But i'm back so please let me know if i can do anything for you guy's

Regards
Dutch

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

WOW!

BFFT, that is some awesome work. I just have to say you took the concept to the next level.

Are you planning on making one for every forum, or just by request?

Totally amazing work. When I need a redesign, you are my goto guy. It took me about 3 hours to make my own Research Forum pic, from finding the background pic, doing pixel work on it, downloading the fonts to use for it, and placing the text. I'm still not happy with it, but her eyes, to me, are mesmerizing.

I will probably be needing a new SS forum banner, sized to that spec, as I'm talking with the mods on a new format for the monthly contests. Once I know, I'm coming here to ask for a redesign.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

74, you and SotS got that sig linking thing down pat. I love the graphic for the Global Warming Project. Nice plug, while the Project is active. You get the idea I originally intended, that you plug certain forums, or threads, or posts.

Can't say it enough, you guys and gals rock.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

i had a day off, so i decided to just start working through the forums to see how far i could get.

I will likely do some more this coming weekend.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
While I'm here, I might as well ask for a new background image.

It needs to be simplistic, with contrast to the stats that show up, so they are legible. I prefer real pics as background, and of course, a wolf theme.

Nothing too busy. Less is more.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

74Templar did a wonderful job on your sig it looks great!! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

It took about three gos, and I wound up copying the code into Word and carefully removing the spaces and exchanging the thread codes and the pic codes before submitting it. I did the same for Son. It does take work, but it does look amazing once it's all in there. You're welcome to use the climate change one if you wish, or I can have a crack at a completely new one if you want a personalised one. I've just noticed Tenth has posted up a new writing contest, so I'm looking at that now.

I did this one a while back, actually for your brother. I read his intro and your posts about needing a decent avatar.

As he never came calling I just filed it under 'maybe later' in the 2300 or so avatars I have on file.

I get a strong sense it's not really your thing, but I may as well throw it up, and indeed for anyone else who may want it. Your style always seems to be natural colours, greys, blacks, browns. But you never know...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

My brother has health issues, so he doesn't get online much. Sigh.

Not to detract from your awesome skills, but that is way too busy. I want something simple, basic, with enough contrast to make all my stats readable.

I have to peer at yours. (Hint.) At least in the areas where the stats do show up.

I've been talking with the Mods, and something new is in the works for a contest for members with Writer status. In the post restricted Collaborative Writing forum, and perhaps the start of a Monthly Anthology. We are working out the details. Stay Tuned.

My short story link already points to the [LOWWC].

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I'm sorry to hear about that with your brother, health issues are always a pain in the rear to deal with.

But no worries, even I agree it is a little overdone. I guess at that point I was getting into the groove with CS5, and seeing just how far I could go with effects and layers and so on. As I've learned, I've discovered the right image doesn't have to be full of imagery, that sometimes less is more. But its all a learning curve. Like anything, grow as you learn.

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join