It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Awesome! The Debate Forum is now linked to the banner.

I'll modify the sig when the other banners are done. For now, it does what it should, which is presenting a clickable link within ATS to allow more exposure to different forums.

I see no reason why people couldn't have an alien banner for their sig if they are into the Alien and UFO forum. Politics? Could be another banner for that, made at an individual member's request. The possibilities are endless.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Anyhoo, is that the next contest? Making a Sig banner for the different forums? I would definitely host those two in my sig.

It was just my first idea for the new creations thread here.

I just had a random thought after the popularity of the signature logo contest, that why stop there? The SS forum is pretty much where I got my start here, and I figured we could come up with some cool ideas for those that wanted to plug the forum and draw some more attention to it.

I think the winner of the last contest gets to choose the next one, but as you know, the creative minds here always need a challenge, so I figured I'd throw everyone a curveball and see what they could come up with.
This was my attempt. nothing on the other guys work of course, but it's a start;

I guess too, why stop there? If someone has a favourite forum they wish to plug, then the skies the limit for any forum really.

edit on 3-12-2012 by 74Templar because: added sig file

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The coding is really simple too. Once you have the image uploaded to ATS, all you have to do is put this code in the YOUR SIGNATURE box:

[ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread876959/pg1][ pic]um50bd3869.jpg[ /pic][ /url]

The url is the forum you wish to point to, and in fact, all you have to change is that six digit number. 876959 points to the debate forum thread, and 904018 points to the latest ATS writing contest. Simple modifications to the code. The pic tags denote the image, which can be anything you like. Of course, remember to remove the spaces before using the code, but heck, for one line of code in your sig, it's easy to add a banner, and point it to your favorite forum.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If I may, I'd like to throw a couple of ideas into the ring regarding the creative writing / short stories forum.

This old style typewriter allows the facility to change the keys to say "ATS Creative writing / Short stories" - same goes with the one below it. Agarta or someone could even knock-up one of the keys to be the "click here' button.

I love the colours and texture of this one......

Just a thought

edit on 3-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Thanks Druid for specifying the forum at hand

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

ATS Short Stories is more appropriate than ATS Creative Writing, and has more clickabilty. A fancy graphic that says Short Story is more likely to draw attention, and is more true to the actual forum.

But those are awesome ideas. To highlight the keyboard with the keys spelling out the forum title, and blurring out the others, yeah, that works.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Our buddy Heff has just announced the Holiday Avatar Contest here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

ok, i like this one.
Of course, "like" is a matter of personal taste.

slightly different light pitch:

and as a drawing (just in case that is what you prefer):

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

If Jude decides he dosn't want the image, I would be happy to amend it sans eagle, plus raven. In the interim, check out the other one I made for you. See if you like it.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

AS you can see, it needs re-sized, but the white brightness at the top hides the white text. Not a good match.

ETA: included a screengrab:

edit on 12/3/12 by Druid42 because: Added ETA.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

well....it needed more than resizing. LOL. How about this?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

THis one is a little darker:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This could be a a challenging request, but I'm trying to weave some esoteric symbols into this one. Hopefully a few will get this message I want to convey.

Avatar: brown haired caucasian male sitting on a throne. Black pants, black jacket, white button up shirt. Right foot on the head of a snake or dragon.Cruciform sword on right of throne. Crown in left hand, or on left arm of throne, but not worn. Wings symbolized on back of throne, the earth symbolized on the bottom/seat of throne. Sitting on the world. Current NYC skyline in background.

Dude: white, brown hair, black pants, black jacket, white button up shirt, sitting on throne.
Ornaments: cruciform sword on right of throne. Crown in left hand, or on left arm of throne.
Throne: winds either coming out of, or etched into upper back rest portion of throne. The earth supports the seat of the thrown, or is is shown in the arm rests or bottom of throne.
Symbols: right foot on snake or dragon head.
Background: Current NYC skyline.

Let's see if anyone can pull this one off.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Aha. I like them. Will try them on.....

eta: Nice!
edit on 12/4/12 by Druid42 because: added eta.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

Umm....

.....I know I will try. But it may take several days.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

and rendered as a drawing:

I think I like this one the best....looks very much like a drawing...good stuff...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thank you! I appreciate any attempts. It may be quite difficult, but I want to leave it open for anyone to try. My gratitude for any effort involved.
edit on 4-12-2012 by TheGreySwordsman because: EDIT misread something, correcting to make sense

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
delete misread
edit on 4-12-2012 by TheGreySwordsman because: delete misread something

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been looking for a "keepable" avatar for a while now. I was thinking something along the lines of a masquarade mask, but really I just want something that winks at the idiom; open eyes wide shut. To reiterate a little, it means that people claim look at the world with open eyes, but mearly paint the image they want on the back of their eye lids. I'm always open to artist interpritation, and as much of the work on here is awesome, i'm excited to see what can be made of it.

As always much love to the ATS avatar crew.

PS wouldn't mind an ATS affiliation sticker on there maybe.... just so people know where to return me to when I get lost

edit on 4-12-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This is great of you guys to do for some of us that are not as technologically advanced!
I have been looking for a good avatar too, but nothing really seems to fit, between that and the 2 year old that climbs walls ( really ) I have been fighting a losing battle.

I have been looking for something feminine, a mother warrior tucked deep in the North woods, possibly with owls & or moose, my great grey owl friend is a pretty regular visitor. I also really love my chickadees, who are not shy either, especially when I let the feeders go empty.

Thanks again for anyone interested in my project.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

This sounds like a fun project. Stay tuned. I will put something together for you tonight.

So you like the moose, a warrior maiden from the north woods, maybe an owl or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join