It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Thank you too, do you like it? Like I said, it kind of looks like I feel right now...

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This is the same image down to avatar size;

It looks a little squashed imo, but maybe I could do a background of smoke and flames to go with it.

My take was "eden is burning, but there's still hope."

I have to take off now, off to the coast to buy a car and a cat (yes, car and a cat..
)

Maybe one of the guys could tweak it a bit for you, otherwise I'll have a look at it when I return.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Looks good as always Templar.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I like the one I am wearing really, I am not a skinny girl, but the Avie does look like me in some ways. Could you put just a touch of fire that shimmers? I know we are not suppose to have moving avies but just for a bit? Maybe make it both ways, one with a moving fire and one stationary fire like it is? That way I can switch as soon as my mood elevates.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Unfortunately I'm hopeless with animations. Agarta and Dutcheagle are very good with them, they would be able to make a moving fire background that would surpass anything I could do.

You can have animated avatars, just not backgrounds.

edit on 17/1/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You can have animated avatars, just not backgrounds.

I often come across moving avatars.

Do "they" not really say anything if it is something small like blinking stars etc?

I have recently came across even larger animated backrounds by the well known (top 50) members here.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

You're allowed an animated avatar, just not a background. I have noticed a few people with animated backgrounds also, but it's really for the mods to action.

'Basically as part of sticking to the T&Cs here we don't do animated backgrounds, even if requested. Avatars are a different story though.

The best way to get around it is to have a static background with a transparent moving avatar over the top, so it seems like an animated background. You just have to watch the size, I think total size of the two can't exceed 100 or 150kbs.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Something like this ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I think total size of the two can't exceed 100 or 150kbs.

Right on...

Maximum File Size: Maximum file size for mini-profile backgrounds is 100k if you're using a clear-GIF as your avatar, if not, the combined file size of your avatar and background image cannot exceed 150k.

I'm not sure why it's not just 150K no matter what, but... rules is rules.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutcheagle
reply to post by antar

Something like this ?

I do like that.

What effect did you use to age the image with? It almost looks like a cross between pencil or aged newspaper.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Well for this one i used Filter gallery>Cutout>use settings at your own taste and i used photo filter heating for heating up the image.After that i duplicated the layer 2 times 1 time to smudge it up and the other to use a splatter effect (Filter gallery>Brush Strokes>Splatter) then it's a matter of erasing the right parts and putting the layers in overlay or lighten.Then i used a orange soft pix brush in a new layer to colorize the flaming area and change the layer mode to overlay, and final i made the fade in and fade out tweening animation.So this one was quite easy even though this i my own methode for not to much age'n in the photo but if your searching for a good tutorial check this one out

www.photoshopessentials.com...
edit on 18-1-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle

I love it, yes! I am going to try it on right now!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thank you so much I think it looks perfect!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Your welcome

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
hello ats artists
i'll be requesting an avatar (full background size) soon
i want to have a think about what i'd like in it, so i'll post back in a few days
but it should be suitable for my name 'secret knowledge'

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That's awesome, thanks for that.

I'm slowly learning photoshop, all the little features you just learn by doing. I'm still somewhere in the middle stages of learning it all, but definetely learning more each pass.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

SecretKnowledge....

Doesn't that just open up an endless vista of mystery and possibility....

Whenever you're ready.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

We all started somewhere dont forget that, i dont even want to think about the beginning when i started photoshop those images looked terrible i'm photoshopping for 6 years now as a hobby ofcourse
.But if you need help you can always pm me and if you look for a great photoshop tutorial site check out www.tutorialized.com... it helped me alot in the old days.

edit: You're one of the few i have seen here that have photoshop knowledge so dont wory you are doing great

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Indeed it does. Curious to see what we can come up with.

Let us know what you need Secret.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So i decided to do a tutorial as old time's to upgrade my knowledge of photoshop haha have been spending like 3hours now.Anyway i made a new animation in this case a old TV thats showing everyone's favorite channel let me know what you people think about it !

I used this tutorial :

www.tutorialized.com...

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join