It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

If they are uploaded to ATS they will remain. It is a fail safe for when they ban members. If it was not in place the banned members posts would all be trashed. I have deleted many of my pictures and they remain. Unfortunately those that were on photobucket or other sites when deleted do not remain.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourOtherSelf
If I upload images and paste them in this thread, and then later delete them from "my uploads"..

What will happen?

Will they still remain behind for others to use?

I ask because my folders are getting a bit cluttered.

They vanish, too.

And i feel ya. Mine is an utter mess.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I love Black Templars. Had a full army of them, and a complete Space Wolves army too, in the WH40K set.
Sold them about 8 years ago when I needed the money. The guy that bought them got an absolute bargain, seeing as they were completely painted and probably worth close to $2500 even unpainted.

Good times.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Oh really? The old upload site didn't work that way.

Very cool. i am gonna go a-deletin'!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Do I have to put words with random images or can I just throw them up.

[edit] added words

edit on 5-1-2013 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yeppers, When I saw your post above I went to check and make sure what I put was correct and yep it is. Here is an example.www.abovetopsecret.com... I deleted that gif from my ATS because it was too big for use but it remains in the post.

Edit to add: if you right click on the gif and select view image info you will see it has an ATS address to it. It has been deleted from my account since MBTM asked for a new avy in the old AC thread.

EDA2: I am sure you are aware but for those that are not we do have 4 folders for organizing our uploads. They all go into the initial folder but we can move them to one of the other 3 if we choose in order to keep them organized.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I deleted that gif from my ATS because it was too big for use but it remains in the post.

When I click the above link I get this.

The gif does not show for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

it shows for me....but i was part of that time and the image is in my cache, i am sure.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thats odd, maybe it is a settings or browser thing, not sure. It shows just fine for me.

Edit to add: with BFFTs post I don't think its a cache thing as my browser is set to clear cookies and cache every time it is closed and I run a cleaning tool at least once a week to clear it all out for optimization of my computer.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Any requests from the people here on ats for design ? got some spare time

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Forgive the silly question but what does "BFFT"'s stand for?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Same, it shows up for me too. One of the backgrounds I did for elevatedone I didn't like, so I deleted it. It is still on the page here and it still shows even though I've deleted the image from my uploads page.
Not sure how it works, but I've deleted a heap, mainly from the old thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

BFFT=bigfatfurrytexan lol

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Thats odd, maybe it is a settings or browser thing

Thats odd, I thought it was a rip in the time-space continuum thing.

edit on 5-1-2013 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

Yeppers, When I saw your post above I went to check and make sure what I put was correct and yep it is. Here is an example.www.abovetopsecret.com... I deleted that gif from my ATS because it was too big for use but it remains in the post.

Edit to add: if you right click on the gif and select view image info you will see it has an ATS address to it. It has been deleted from my account since MBTM asked for a new avy in the old AC thread.

EDA2: I am sure you are aware but for those that are not we do have 4 folders for organizing our uploads. They all go into the initial folder but we can move them to one of the other 3 if we choose in order to keep them organized.

I have a question about this, does putting something on another page change the addy? In other words, If I posted it originally from page one, and then later move it to page two, does that erase it? Also I am struggling with the idea that we can delete images and they will still be there. o

edit on 5-1-2013 by Iamschist because: my n ran away

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I will not say what I was thinking.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

No it is still in the same location on the ATS servers. You are only changing the location of your copy. The image number remains the same.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

No, moving them between your folders, you don't lose the images, nor does it change the code. I use all four depending on the image and it has never bothered the images on the posts.

I'm wondering if the code we use to upload the image to a thread kind of 'hardwires' that image into the thread away from the original uploads page, and that's why it stays there even if the original image is deleted. I use the [pic] function when placing images on threads, and not the full url. Maybe that's the difference?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Since i saw no one here had post a ATS render only the logo in general i made one ,feel free to use!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I use the [pic] function when placing images on threads, and not the full url. Maybe that's the difference?
reply to post by 74Templar

That is what I normally do, I may start using the [img ][ /img] now.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join