It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I know this is problaby off topic but can someone tell me how to add a url to my signature picture thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutcheagle

Firstly, you get a wide berth in this thread from Donttreadonme and other mods so you have to do something pretty bad to go off topic. As long as the conversation is about graphics etc then you are fine. I'll throw a few jokes and memes in every now and again for a laugh.

Anyway............

This is the code I use for this Avatar Creations thread. Copy it and change the .gif code to your signature one and it should work.

NB: Loose the space I have added at the first [atsimg] code and the last url before you load it. This code also centralises the image in your signature box - the [atsimg] is the code for centralising images.

Signature code: [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread904321/pg1][ atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xa50bbb785.gif[/atsimg][/url ]
edit on 2-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Now that is COOL!!

I like that!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Also very Nice! I like the perspective.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I'm going to try the top one out. That is almost exactly what I was looking for! Let's see how the text fits, it looks like it will work perfectly.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

DTOM, your link is from 2002 and the above is from the "ATS uploads" page (bottom LHS). Can I get clarification on file size

Good catch...

I like the part about the backgrounds being 150K too (Although the 2010 guidelines update says that's only if you are not using a clear gif as an avatar, otherwise it's 100K)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I just sent you a message about loading the image so it appears full size.

Check your inbox mate

edit on 2-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I tried it both ways (as a background and as an avatar) and it doesn't want to show up without the bottom being cropped off. Any ideas? I just wanted to see how all the text fit.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The following instructions are thanks to Agarta from page 1

The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.

1. Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.

or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif

2. On the top Navigation bar of your page click the "Tools" tab found here(note: if you are using the Clear Avatar code scroll down to the Avatar section and paste it into the slot, remove the space between the h and tt and click submit.

3. Then click the "ATS uploads" tab found here

4. Upload the new or clear Avatar and/or Background by clicking this button

5. If you do not have an Avatar already in place you MUST put the Clear Avatar in first or the background will default to the Avatar section and you will have to start over. Assuming you are putting in the Avatar, find it in your uploads and click it.

6. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Avatar"

7. This will take you back to your "Tools" page. Scroll down to find the Avatar section and click "Submit"

8. Next return to your "ATS uploads" page and click your new Background

9. This will take you to its dedicated page. Click "Profile Background"

10. you will be taken to the tools page again. Scroll down to the "Your Background Image" section and click "Submit"

Your new background is now in place. Please note that it will not show on your profile page, as only Avatars do, however you will find it on your posts.

Setting your Signature Image

There is a glitch in the images signature section and it will not set your signature image. Instead, upload it using the directions above. Click it and you will go to its dedicated page. Copy the "Use in Post" link (pictured above) and return to your tools page manually. Past the code into your "Signature" area and click submit. If you wish to have your Signature Image centered do not use the "Use in Post" code. Instead scroll down to the "External full URL link" code and copy that one(also pictured above) and paste it into your "Signature" area on your tools page. Then add to the beginning [astimg] and [/atsimg] to the end and then click "Submit". If you wish to make the image a link, treat it like a "Hot Link" (See example in the image below)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I am having a few issues with transparent images using my Photoscape and Paint combo. Downloading Gimp and going to get the hang of it.

I have tryed eveything Png and Gif format both fail me. Hoping a combo of Gimp/Photoscape will work out better

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

I ran into the same issue a while back between GIMP and Paint.

MS Paint doesn't support transparent images, which is why one of my new years resolutions is to stop using it for anything other than adding text.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Absolutely outstanding!! I was missing the transparent avatar layer part.

What do you think?

Thanks much!!

Thanks to you, fort anthem and bigfatfurrytexan...outstanding work all!

VERY much apreciated!!

edit on 1/2/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Stunning! Quality work done here eh? Congratulations on a great background.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Thanks for helping me out it worked instantly
glad everyone here is so helpfull

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk

What I'm hoping to wind up with is something western, kind of High Plains Drifter-ish. I'm thinking something in a sepia / brownish tone, possibly even over exposed, but not so much you can't recognize it.

I put in my Bio "seeker of knowledge Defender of truth"; I don't know if we could work that in somehow / somewhere (maybe just the Defender of truth part...or maybe I can just put all that in a signature
Thanks in advance!!

Here are a few I messed with.

I am throwing together a signature with the quote.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am still unsure of the proper dimensions as far as signatures go..

I know what dimensions I see (i think), however that conflicts with certain things in the T&C agreements.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by YourOtherSelf

Those are definitely very cool as well! I like that you were able to work the 'flying' element into the whole thing. I really like the 3rd one, it has the right amount of shadow. I'm definitely going to use all of these!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No problem.

As soon as I figure out what year I am in I'll make a signature for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So again if someone needs a custom avatar / background you can contact me trough PM ,since i dont think i can make a topic for this im doing it here.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I must say, the raw talent you all have exhibited in a very short amount of time is nothing short of amazing! WOW!!

I am truly impressed! Matter of fact, making a visit to this thread has been the highlight of my day. That, and I'm pretty darn happy to say I think I now have one of the coolest backgrounds around!

Now I just have to work on my signature line. Not really sure how I'd like to do that other than work in the 'Fortes et Liber'.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm going to visit this thread often to see all the great stuff you've created for others since this post (already reviewed the first 35 pages)

Thanks very much again!

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join