It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 280
<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Most of the time I work with zbrush and photoshop to paint it some more details , This is going to take awhile because I'm still working on a comic with lots of 3d stuff I made in it.. when I have completed several pages I will show them in a new thread but time is not always on my side..

If i'm correct you also work with 3d modeling right?
edit on 0b19America/ChicagoWed, 06 Nov 2013 01:39:19 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 06 Nov 2013 01:39:19 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just for those that wonder where SkepticOverlord and his minions, er moderators work, party and play, here is the ATS Headquarters.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Thank you for the thread guys. Helped me a lot!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

One from me...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

74Templar

One from me...

Love the little people!!
LMAO

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Actually with what's going on in the US and the many people right here on ATS fighting for it, I had to put the flag upside down, more as a statement in the avatar. Its a pity they're so small, I hand drew each, pretty hard on something so small.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

LOL OK yeah that's funny. That's also very creative. Think I need to work on mine I blew it up and it now looks kinda funky. Plus I wanna put ATS into it somehow.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

74Templar

Actually with what's going on in the US and the many people right here on ATS fighting for it, I had to put the flag upside down, more as a statement in the avatar. Its a pity they're so small, I hand drew each, pretty hard on something so small.

Well, you did good.
And yes, the 'distress' signal of the upside down flag....very symbolic of the state that the US is in.

Hey, I think I recognize Pelosi and Reed!!!

Nothing like the aliens taking out the trash....hope they clean House

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thanks i really like this one!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I like this one too, the lightning and mothership are awesome!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I may not be from the US, but I can really see you guys love your country and hate what these clowns in power are doing to it, and I stand behind you guys 100%. Change is needed, and very very soon IMO.

And don't worry, even us here half a world away would love nothing more than to suck all our corrupt politicians out of parliament and begin again with leaders who serve the interests of the people and not their own pockets or corporate sponsors...
It seems government corruption is worldwide right now, I hope to God soon it's all of us tearing down the system and sending these people on their way.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

-- So here's a test run based off Agarta's original instructions. I've tried to keep it as close as possible to the original, and haven't made any changes for the signature part, as this stayed the same in 5/3. If it's ok, feel free to quote it, copy and update the existing post. All the pics are current to 5/3.

Fort Anthem also has instructions on page 1, if he wants to swing by and have a crack at an update that'd be cool, but we rarely see Agarta anymore.
--

The following are step by step directions on how to set your new Avatar, Background, and/or Signature image. There are glitches that occur if some things are done out of order and you have not had an Avatar set already.

Between these lines is a transparent Avatar. If you are using a new background, highlight it and click to save to your computer.

or copy the following code: h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ut4e7bd94d.gif

At the top of the main page, click on the small arrow (highlighted below) to reveal a drop down menu.

Select ‘upload’ (shown above) and it will go to this page;

You now need to upload your invisible gif to the site. Click the upload feature in the top left of the page to bring up this window;

Click on select files, and select the image from your computer.

IMPORTANT: To get the image to upload, you must then click the upload icon to activate it.

Once you have activated it, the picture will upload below the icon, and say 100% when it is finished. The images box will then close.

Locate and click on the invisible avatar picture. It should be at the top left, as it will be your newest upload. Then click on the small man icon as shown below to set it as your avatar.

Alternatively, if you wish to use the invisible gif code already posted, simply select the same drop down bar and select ‘account’ to the left (shown below). Then copy and paste the code into the ‘your avatar’ space as shown. Remember to remove the space between the h and the t at the beginning or the code will not work.

Now you need to place your background. Select and upload the image of your choosing by following the same steps above for avatar pictures above. Bring up the toolbar from the drop down arrow, and select ‘upload.’
Select the file from your computer, and then click on the cloud icon to begin the upload.
Once this is finished, click on the newly uploaded picture and select the small window icon (shown below) to set the image as your background.

You should now have a full length background with an invisible window in front.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

If you check out the instructions I posted above, you should be able to set it as a full length background like Snarky's and mine.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

I think it looks ok, not too skewed. Not sure where you'd fit ATS in there unless it was really small.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Well done. Kudos. I can only give one star, but it is yours with gratitude.

I love this crowd!

P

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

That's what I did. Referring to your walk through.

74Templar
reply to post by Pimpintology

I think it looks ok, not too skewed. Not sure where you'd fit ATS in there unless it was really small.

Not sure I'm happy with it. I found an image online I can buy a license for. How does ATS handle that? Read all the rules and TOS. Think it would fall under DMCA but Id have a license per the artist to use it for websites and blogging as well as other things.

Just something I'm looking at not sure the image will fit but it's well done. Really want something similar with Anubis, kinda dark. Like my personality.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of formatting purposes.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Pimpintology

That's what I did. Referring to your walk through.

Not sure I'm happy with it. I found an image online I can buy a license for. How does ATS handle that? Read all the rules and TOS. Think it would fall under DMCA but Id have a license per the artist to use it for websites and blogging as well as other things.

Just something I'm looking at not sure the image will fit but it's well done. Really want something similar with Anubis, kinda dark. Like my personality.

I'm not sure, I did look through the T&Cs regarding that, but I'm pretty sure it comes under the fair use act. I guess if the owner of a piece of artwork wanted something taken down, then it would be their right to ask ATS, but haven't come across it yet here anyways.

I tend to make most of my avatars out of at least a dozen or more image pieces, and then add my own bits to it to make it a new unique image. Kind of like doing a painting, start from the initial background canvas and work up in layers to the final piece.

Most times if you email the owner and ask to use the piece, they are pretty gracious, and out of respect I would put either a link or a note whose artwork it was.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

74Templar
I tend to make most of my avatars out of at least a dozen or more image pieces, and then add my own bits to it to make it a new unique image. Kind of like doing a painting, start from the initial background canvas and work up in layers to the final piece.

Most times if you email the owner and ask to use the piece, they are pretty gracious, and out of respect I would put either a link or a note whose artwork it was.

Yeah the artwork is like a dollar though because it isn't being used for anything but an AV. However I will look into the fair use act. I would also intend to do what you are talking about using several different images as well as editing the original image so I have no idea what that falls under. I'm new to this and I am far from being an artist.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

So how do i go about requesting an avatar?

I am hopeless with avatar creation n the sort.... i want the hattori hanzo of avatars. Who is the person to speak to?

Thanks

Not sure if this is what you had in mind...

There are sooo many different images, so if you have a particular one in mind, just post it and we can go from there.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Yep ! And Zbrush is a best buy ever and in a long run it´s not expensive at all, all the free updates. When i bought it it was 379 $ few years back and today 795 $, i have allready saved a lot money lol. Good thing is that development team are so devoted to it that it´s features are way above others.

( sorry couldn´t help.. im so in love with this app )

top topics

<< 277  278  279    281  282  283 >>

join