It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

what would you like matched?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

As a end user Could I suggest more than 1 Winner. Perhaps a popular winner awarded by stars. Then a panel of say three judges to award the judges award plus an award for the funniest entry.

That is actually a pretty good idea, end user...

open up the voting to the mod squad on a few categories (this has been done in years past)

I have no chance to win for anything but funniest

ETA: There were also contests in the past where one could declare their entry as "rookie" or "pro" (or something to that effect), so that beginners could throw their hat into the ring and be judged on level playing fields.
edit on 25-5-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by 74Templar

Well, if we're going to do general artwork rather than Backgrounds/Avatars (which is cool, and might attract more folks as you point out), then how about no restrictions on dimensions, but rather use the standard file size restriction from the ATS uploader...

Maximum File Size: 500kb

half a meg canvas to express yourself

That idea did cross my mind, as we do have size restrictions. The biggest issue I see with this the if we create a very graphics heavy thread, it may put people off waiting for loading times, especially if there are a lot of entries. An average 640x480 is only around 50-100kbs, making it easier loading for those with slower internet.

The other options as most people doing digital artwork already know a basic resize, they could post their artwork on a smaller scale in the thread and have an option as a link for a bigger post.

So what theme are we going to look at? A million possibilities....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

well I don't want to scurry but..take sunshine with a flame in the hand and one of those eye gadgets the pawn broker uses,,,eye squeezer.Big bow tie with a little stick man dance that moves.whoa that's to difficult..I like your work just the same..

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Bartender!!! I'll have whatever SarnholeOntarable is having

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Of course there young chap....tea time

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The biggest issue I see with this the if we create a very graphics heavy thread, it may put people off waiting for loading times

I may be a little spoiled, but I don't think 500kb file sizes are a problem these days, even for the slower interneters.

That's the standard for every other page/post on the site, so... why not use it?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

can you repost your original sun face image?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

i rarely internet on my andriod. But when i do, i am always 3g (i live in the sticks, i tell ya). If even that.

Not sure about other users, but there is 1 other user from my town on this forum.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I really don't want to mess what I have up....google king crimson skitzoid man.That's what I had and I'm not very good on the puter.

edit on 25-5-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

i rarely internet on my andriod. But when i do, i am always 3g (i live in the sticks, i tell ya). If even that.

3g? That is so ten years ago.

Yeah... I assume the contest is for wire-line users only.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

That blue link hurts the eyes lol. >.<

-SAP-

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

LOL....don't worry about fixing it. Schizoid Man King Crimson

I was going to challenge him on the age reference

Of course there young chap.
, but he is clearly older than I am...

Released October 12, 1969

I'm guessing 61.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I know....sorry about that...I just noticed,there is a river on my board...or a fault line.how long did you spend on it?
edit on 25-5-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

well, if you were zarni, i would have quoted it and asked if that was the blue you were talking about. But alas....

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

if i recall....that was Templar that worked on it. The color style is certainly similar to the style he employs.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

well, if you were zarni, i would have quoted it and asked if that was the blue you were talking about.

Hey now!!! I'm right here, ya know.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Took about 3 hours. It has about 10 basic layers, not including all the money floating around him. That would be about another 15 or so layers for each one, as I took the original monopoly money, scaled it down, recoloured each piece and rotated them randomly so each would look different.

The board is an image I found from monopoly online, squared off with a building top in Boston. The buildings in front are from the same website, and the monpoly guy is a piece of graffiti, with you original freak recoloured to yellow as the sun in the background. I also hand drew in the monocle and layered the money piece by piece so it looked like he was throwing it in the air, off the building.

edit on 25/5/2013 by 74Templar because: sp

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

It's a masterpiece... plain an simple.

I'm glad to see it took you 3 hrs to do. Makes me feel good about how I spend my time here.

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join