It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Actually, that's pretty close to what I'm looking for, with better more realistic stars and earth below, and with the conjunction of Jupiter and Venus perhaps situated a little higher to get above the white text indicating

Oh and what's that thing to the right - looks like a meteor about to impact the earth and I'm opposed to that on principal, and for the preservation of the great work of Christ! lol

This is very close to the idea of what I was looking for, can you take a screen shot?

Thanks for your help, we're making progress here.

And no panic or rush, although it would be nice to have it all completed before the 21st!

Best Regards,

NAM

Originally posted by 74Templar
Hmmm, it looks like I may have to move the stars up a bit as they are hidden behind the second info lot. Unfortunately we can't do animated backgrounds (against T&Cs), so I won't be able to do any twinkles.

Perhaps if you wanted to google star fields and post up the type of background you had in mind. Many of the ones I looked up that were heavy with stars were also very bright and not black.

Whatever really looks BEST, but we want a real earth on the bottom and realistic stars, and yes the conjunction (Jupiter and Venus) (star of Bethlehem). above the text

Sun doesn't need to be visible - but yeah (referring to your post below) we don't want any meteor impacts, not these days, so we've got to get that out of there ASAP!
JK

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Haha, it's actually the sun from the original image. I never thought meteor until you mentioned it. It looked a bit odd having a lit earth side with no sun present, but I was kind of jury out on the whole thing.

AAAHHH!!! I've subconciously fallen victim to the 2012 hype! Some flogging is in order...

This is what I see;

As you can see the stars are pretty obscured behind the text.
edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added screenshot

OK, revision without the "comet" this time....

edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added avatar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

OK, revision without the "comet" this time....

That's much better! Phew!

And I take it that that's as big as the background gets right?

Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated, and it would be nice to see what others come up with too now that you've done the layout in terms of generally what I'm after.

Best Regards (off to bed),

NAM

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hey let's use this for the "Earth-Plane" (I've chosen to call it now)

Cut away and tilted,a little leftwards, but allowed to fill some of the lower left and partial mid left quadrant, so that the dawning sunlight comes through "aesthetically" relative to the forward text, that will be covering it to a degree, while leaving enough space for the stars, with a focus on the Jupiter/Venus conjunction. Yeah, let's get creative and make it something astonishing.

This would represent of course the dawning of a, drumroll.... New Age!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Age!

Do you think we can help save the world with a meaningful avatar..?!

Seriously though, I plan to create some mind bending, paradigm shifting topic threads in 2013 and if you get one to the front page you might get up to 100,000 readers when all is said and done, and it's like leaving a legacy of sorts, being a contributor here, in other words it really is important, I hope..?! It had better be, given the amount of time we spend in here, sometimes lost in la la land..

Good night!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

OK, here's pass 2 and 3. Took actual images of earth at night for the base and changed the stars up a bit as well as moved them. The backdrop is an actual star field photo, with a few extras added in. You lose a bit of detail having the earth image so small, but it still looks ok.
Pass 2

Pass 3

And Pass 4, using the earth image you posted.

edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added avatar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
And while the avatar (and background) is in development, I'd like to offer you guys this (for your paraidgm-shifting viewing pleasure)

from my thread

Life is a Vortex, not just a Circle.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

And Pass 4, using the earth image you posted.

Can you do more of the earth, and angle it up on the left side, so more of the arc of the circle enters the frame with about the same amount of black space left over (near the sunshine) in the lower right corner - and I like the six-pointed star the sun makes in the original earth-image and would like to keep that in the frame, so we can't dip TOO far down on the right either if we want to capture that. If you could bring the earth out from the lower left hand corner such that it's outer sphere surpasses the white text at the bottom. So it will climb up more of the lower left than the right while retaining a near perfect sphere and showing the six-pointed sun rising near the lower right corner, but up a bit from how it is now.

I'll be back tomorrow to try on some of these new custom tailored "suits"! (that's what it feels like!)

The stars are somewhat like what I'm after, but I'm wondering if there isn't an image of a close conjunction of Jupiter and Venus out there somewhere (will look to see myself), and we want them to be all but kissing, almost touching if not just touching, like you have there with those stars, which are nice and I like them don't get me wrong, but the star conjunction aspect defines the whole background - then the background of stars ought to look as realistic as possible and those are looking moreso than last page. Pure blackness is hard to render I guess also.. but the blacker the better, to make the stars more realistic by comparison. (actually those are pretty good the more I look at them and the back is pretty black).

Good job!

Looking pretty good, it's getting there. Thanks again 74Templar.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Here's my last one for the night. My eyes are swimming (5am start....).

Pass 5

Basically only revisions are putting the stars closer together, and moving the earth a bit across the bottom to fill the space a bit more.

Most of the US guys should be here shortly as their sun is about to rise.
They should have some fun with the image, but it has been fun and alleviated a night of utter boredom.

Oh and btw, thanks for the video. It was pretty mind blowing to consider.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Hey there 74Templar, and thanks again for your help, and it's ok if no one else get's involved because we can finish this together and we're almost there.

I found a star field image, which actually contains the constellation Aquarius in the upper left quadrant which we can bear in mind when cropping it to size.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Description
www.allthesky.com...

As to the Earth

I would like to represent that faithfully as is (same orientation, lower left corner), although it will need to be resized a bit of course. Here I've cropped out the part of it we want to include. Ie: is doesn't have to be turned or distorted so as to go along the bottom, as before.

I would also like to maintain that six-pointed star aspect of the dawning sun, so somehow the earth image needs to be blended with the star field, which to make it realistic, would involve a graduated sphere of light to dark around the dawning sun of light which would block out the background stars to a degree.

In terms of the stellar conjunction of Jupiter and Venus, here's an amazing photo from National Geographic to give you an idea of what that kind of phenomenon looks like (very well approximated in your two-star graphic)

Heavenly Lights
Photograph by Oshin D. Zakarian, TWAN

The bright lights of Venus (right) and Jupiter appear to draw closer in the sky over Saint Thaddeus Monastery in Iran on Monday night during this week's planetary conjunction. The two worlds-the brightest we're able to see with the unaided eye-were at their closest on Thursday, separated by only three degrees in the sky, or the width of two fingers at arms' length.

Of course we want ours just touching, as you've depicted, with the Jupiter star slightly more prominent, as you depicted also in your graphic. I'd like just what you've done in terms of their orientation (which correspond in an interesting way with the two personages in my avatar..), to look a little crisper and brighter as seen in the photo above, and made to look as realistic as is graphically possible, so this is a good model to work from, since it's based on the real thing, which did take place in the fall of 2012 (only once in our lifetime).

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

i am tied to my desk at work until close to midnight....

....but i would recommend that you insert a lens flare on a bare pic of the Earth. Otherwise, you will spend all night with the pencil eraser trying to make it "just right".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

i am tied to my desk at work until close to midnight....

....but i would recommend that you insert a lens flare on a bare pic of the Earth. Otherwise, you will spend all night with the pencil eraser trying to make it "just right".

Couldn't you just fade to black around the edges of the cropped earth image (via a curve from the surface of the earth's atmosphere at the top, around the outer edge of the light rays, to slice off just a part of the upper right and a tiny part of the lower right corner) and somehow merge the two images from there (fade to total black with starfield), bearing in mind that the stars would only become visible around the outer edges of the sun's light anyway. I would think that would be by far easier than trying to simulate what's in the image already. But I'm not a graphics guy or I wouldn't be here asking for help with this. Don't take anything I say the wrong way btw as I'm just trying to be as descriptive as I can, not trying to be "bossy", just trying to state clearly what I'm wanting to try to achieve with this little "project" of ours.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Blood Red Moon - Lunar Eclipse in Avatar.

And as for the moon as per my original request last page

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Hi there.

Someone has already helped me out in a very big way re: Santa hat and blood-red moon [lunar eclipse] (see my avatar) and I just don't feel comfortable making any more requests of him given the degree to which we've already gone back and forth tweaking and retweaking.

The issue is with the blood-red moon, which doesn't look quite moon-like enough and I was hoping to get another one made and inserted in the pic, same diameter, same location with certain degree of fading (to make it fit in with da Vinci's painting). My helper used a real moon image from a lunar eclipse and if possible I'd still like to do that, but in the scaling down to size it lost aspects of the light faded moon cratering you normally see when you look at the moon. Right now it appears planetoid, but you can't be certain that it is indeed the moon during a lunar eclipse.

Here's the image without the moon

link files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a link to a lunar eclipse image, but I only have paint and can't crop it and size it

upload.wikimedia.org...

Once I get the red lunar eclipse moon perfected, then there's something really cool and highly symbolic for the background to fill the whole avatar panel, which I'll need some help with as well.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

NAM aka Robert

I've found the solution to that as well!

The problem was that all the moon in earth eclipse (lunar eclipse) photos out there are too large, so when you scale them down to size to fit in my avatar, the pixalization gets so squashed down that all detail (of the faded moon cratering) gets lost.

BUT, I FOUND ONE!

I found a much "smaller" and highly detailed, high resolution, "blood red" moon image within the context of the frame of a big photo. Therefore, in scaling down you can start by just scaling down the image as is before cropping out the circumference of the moon at the much smaller size (for the window of da Vinci's "The Last Supper" painting in my avatar).

The only difference here would be that I'd like a slightly redder hue than you see in the following photo, as a rate of hue between that of Jesus' shirt (orangey) and his new Santa hat (which in the real life history of the post-resurrected-resuscitated Jesus come winter solstice, I'm sure he adored wearing along with his red robe with white trimmings to receive and bless the little children and bestow gifts upon them - hey the temple gold given to him as reparation by those two guys in dazzling white suits by the opened tomb, might have lasted a lifetime!).

That's all the elements needed by which to complete the project, so I've done my part as well and it was a team effort in the final analysis. That feels good to have gotten out of the way, because I was really hoping to have this thing finished by Friday - maybe do a "New Age" thread with my new avatar and background, while freaking people out with the little disappearing, moving, moon-trick, at the same time!

editing - moon photo to arrive in a minute brb.

TaDaaaa!

P.S. That particular moon is even in the Constellation of Leo, btw - how utterly PERFECT! (this is working out really well, so pleased : )

Thus, as you depicted, last page, there are three "conditions" or three configurations of the avatar-background.

1) No Moon

2) Moon Rising

3) Moon Risen

Our more detailed, high resolution moon (same diameter as depicted, same location), with a slightly redder hue as described abiove (between Jesus' shirt and hat in color), could then be faded just a bit and/or made graphic-like (if you know what I mean) so as to appear as if it might have been painted in by none other than Leonardo da Vinci himself - although in terms of standing out, because the Santa hat does, it can also appear just a little bit brighter in colour than the rest of the painting, to draw attention to it, as with the Santa hat on Jesus' head.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by 74Templar

I found a star field image, which actually contains the constellation Aquarius in the upper left quadrant which we can bear in mind when cropping it to size.

Now let's see if we can find it (Aquarius) on our starfield..

Nope. Oh well doesn't matter.

We'll just take the image from the top left down and over and hope it's in there somewhere..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
P.S. There's no mad rush on this, but if possible it would be nice to finish it by Thursday night, so that I can post a "Happy New Age!" thread (of course I'll take some flak for it but that's ok
I can always mess around with the moon-trick and make them think they're seeing things.. lol) on Friday morning, December 2012 @ 11:11 am (MY time, I'm Pacific Standard Time).

I'll include the Age of Aquarius video while I'm at it!

The thread will be filled with statements of relief, ridicule and derision, along with some sentiments that maybe there is hope for a better world who knows anything's possible..

Edit: Just one more idea/request that I had, so as to maintain "authenticity" in the final rendering.

For the Jupiter-Venus conjunction (which represents the bride of Christ or the spirit and the bride from the last page of the Bible), could we "cut" out, individually, the two actual stars of Jupiter and Venus from this photo below

And re-arrange them into an orientation as you've depicted above, while moving them together so that they are just touching, and then blend it into the star-field by adding a little black and/or a star dot here and there?

That would complete the picture exactly in terms of what I was hoping could be achieved.

Thanks again so much for all your help - and who cares how many posts or thread pages it's taken, makes for an interesting custom Avatar formation story in relation to the purpose of this wonderful thread, in hindsight.

Best Regards,

NAM aka Robert

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

getting the flare to cut properly is the difficulty. I have never gotten a flare or shadows to extract properly. I typically just use a lens flare to mimic the effect.

I would recommend the same with the venus/jupiter conjuction: just drop a lens flare in the spots you want them. If you manipulate the lighting effects you can keep the whole image from being washed out. Perhaps it would be best to isolate layers and insert lens flares by layer?

Like i said, regardless of what happens between now and midnight, I will work on it tonight (mostly because I need that outlet to keep me from strangling people during my working hours).

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I might recommend you take a random starfield, and use a paintbrush with 100% hardness, set to a range from 3 pix to 15 pix. Then use it to paint Aquarius. That is something else I can work on tonight.

If I don't complete a rendition, i will post individual extracts of the layers I create so that others may try to assemble the final image.

Now....back to accounting work.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was just thinking that it's a circle of sunlight with near black around the edges already, so instead of cutting/cropping around the earth and recreating it, all you'd need would be a quick fade to black intersecting the star field around the outer sphere of the arc of the sunlight, and it wouldn't look unusual because the sunlight radiates like a sphere largely blocking out the background stars anyway. To complete the illusion the odd tiny dot of light simulating those in the starfield could then be added near the threshold as if the brighter stars are shining through. The photo is great including the way the sun is dawning. I don't know, if it's possible it would be nice to keep it as real and authentic as possible.

And for the Bethlehem star (Jupiter and Venus) would it be at all possible to keep the authentic ones, that would be ideal, because in part there's a lot of symbolism and meaning in regards the various elements involved, and if we can retain the actual natural elements as they are, well it's just much more meaningful for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I really want to use the one I found that contains Aquarius (I looked at a LOT of them in picking that one), which needn't even be seen since the focal point is the conjunction between Jupiter and Venus, and the avatar (and surrounding info) will cover it up anyway - I just think it's cool that it's in there. What I like about that particular starfield is that is has color (the rest are all black and white), and it's well, magnificent, and that it contains Aquarius, whether seen or not just adds to the secret cool factor, that's all.

When you get to it, please review the information I've provided which is highly descriptive and very detailed. I don't want you wasting your time on something that I'm not interested in having done in the first place, but of course there has to be a certain amount of artistic licence involved at the same time I can't take that away from anyone who wishes to be helpful.

P.S. I have no graphics skills of any kind, except cropping and saving something from paint, which is why I'm here.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Understand that entirely. I am a dabbler in esoterica as well and totally get what you are saying.

As well, you are right....i bet i could just alter contrast, etc, and clean up the earth pic a little.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Excellent. Thank you. But the way we're rendering it is hardly esoteric, more exoteric esoterica I guess you might say! lol

Oh my it's going to come out great, just wonderful - but take your time, no panic. It's not like it's the end of the world, right?

Best Regards,

NAM

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join