It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Unrelated to Zdub's contest, I've made some peaceful backgrounds. Seems like a lot of people around me today who could use them.

edit on 5/10/13 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Also, for some reason I felt like making parrot backgrounds. I don't even like parrots.

edit on 5/10/13 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Those are fun!! I want the girl that's green and has leaves for hair!!! I'll upload her as soon as I can!
Good job!!
And every time I see your name, I just want to say..ok I do say it...I say ottobots...let's roll out!!

Have a nice evening

Peace and love
-nat

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

***ATTENTION ARTISTS***

A friend, Starwise, is interested in learning about computer graphics. She's posted this thread as a starting point. Would you awesome people be so kind as to bring her into the fold, provide her with a bit of guidance, and make her feel welcome?

She is good people, as are all of you... so I see this as a very positive opportunity!

Thanks y'all

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I am learning graphics on my own. I created some pics already and am looking for some advice and looking to learn new things. I posted a pick here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am amazed at how many pages there are in here OH MY!!!

Heff and davespanners told me y'all are the folks to come to for feedback. teach me!

edit on 10-5-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I'm so glad you joined this thread starwise. It's fun for sure. And I am not an artist in the graphic sense...I'm a painter and poet
but I love coming here and asking for these guys to help me with new avatars. I have so many now thanks to a lot of people on here

Can't wait to see more of your creations!!

Peace and love
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

YAH! Making friends

I am a painter and poet too....I love haikus

I have all these ideas in my head I want to create!

I am so looking forward to this thread!!!

NICE to meet you!!!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nice image.

I don't think there are a lot of "pro's" here. Most of us taught ourselves, too. So, instead of folks teaching you....how about we teach each other?

If you see an effect you like, ask how it was done.
There is more than one way to skin a cat. And most of us (FortAnthem and natalia excepted) really enjoy skinning cats.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

LOL!!
Thanks!!
Yes helping each other...... I like that idea!! Nice to meet you!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by jude11

Maybe............maybe not. The last one suits you and your writing style, imo.

THIS!!
The Fiery Wolf!!
LOVE!!!
That is what I want to learn how to do!

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Do you use Photoshop? If so, I can likely give you some tips on how to do the abstract rainbow effect.

The best way: the topmost layer should be clear. Use a brush tool at about 20%, set with a pinkish color. Lightly brush over the areas you want to have that "fiery" efffect. Then go to "blending options", and blend the layer using "Color Dodge". From there you can go back and spray in for greater effect. You can also go to Image-Adjustments, and then fool around with the hue/saturation/lightness to get that fine tuning.

It only really works when you have a high contrast image with colors layered over black.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

What program are you using for digital imagery?

Most of us use either Photoshop (anywhere between CS3 and CS6), GIMP, which is a free download, or Paint Shop Pro (I use 9, but occasinally break out 7 for other works).

Later versions of Photoshop are expensive, but you can get ahold of older copies on ebay fairly cheap.

I don't know if you can still get ahold of PSP, I got mine off ebay as well, I think there is a version 10 out now.

GIMP can be found here. I personally find GIMP a little hard to use, but there is a great thread by our very own Druid42 here, that explains a lot of how to use it.

Hope this gets you started anyway, welcome to the thread, and feel free to ask away about anything. As BFFT says, none of us are experts at this, just learned at it.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Welcome Starwise. Great to have 'ya.

-SAP-

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
If you see an effect you like, ask how it was done.
There is more than one way to skin a cat. And most of us (FortAnthem and natalia excepted) really enjoy skinning cats.

That made me spit soda all over my keyboard.

This thread never disappoints.

-SAP-
edit on 10-5-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hello my graphicwise/photoshop-wise friends. I would like to humbly ask if someone may take on the task of creating me an avatar image? i would like the avatar to resemble me somewhat but not wholly ( I can provide images to play about with ) i am finding it hard to create one im happy with, plus i am envious looking at the cool images on this thread lol, I am interested in a celtic mythical warrior theme, any help is appreciated so pm me if interested ;-)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Hello my graphicwise/photoshop-wise friends. I would like to humbly ask if someone may take on the task of creating me an avatar image? i would like the avatar to resemble me somewhat but not wholly ( I can provide images to play about with ) i am finding it hard to create one im happy with, plus i am envious looking at the cool images on this thread lol, I am interested in a celtic mythical warrior theme, any help is appreciated so pm me if interested ;-)

So I'm guessing female celtic warrior is what you are looking for?

If you want post up the images you have to the thread and we'll take a look at doing something cool with them.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Haha YES - in Optimus Prime's voice, I hope! I love Transformers.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Welcome, jump right in. A lot of us just make whatever we feel like making unless there is a specific request.

Keep in mind, though, that many of the images we post are other artist's actual work - we just add a little extra pizazz.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well… It’s midnight Pacific Time, so I’m going to call the “Make Zarni a New Avatar” contest voting closed.

It appears we have a tie between bigfatfurrytexan and ottobot with 9 stars each.

As promised, I will proudly wear these two entries this week, starting with "Beebs".

Thanks to everyone who participated in this unofficial Avatar Creations event

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Your new avvy is so.....so.....
DREAMY!

Does need sized a bit though....the beebs at the bottom is cut off?

new topics

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155  156  157 >>

join