It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Glad you like!! You're welcome!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hi there.

Someone has already helped me out in a very big way re: Santa hat and blood-red moon [lunar eclipse] (see my avatar) and I just don't feel comfortable making any more requests of him given the degree to which we've already gone back and forth tweaking and retweaking.

The issue is with the blood-red moon, which doesn't look quite moon-like enough and I was hoping to get another one made and inserted in the pic, same diameter, same location with certain degree of fading (to make it fit in with da Vinci's painting). My helper used a real moon image from a lunar eclipse and if possible I'd still like to do that, but in the scaling down to size it lost aspects of the light faded moon cratering you normally see when you look at the moon. Right now it appears planetoid, but you can't be certain that it is indeed the moon during a lunar eclipse.

Here's the image without the moon

link files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a link to a lunar eclipse image, but I only have paint and can't crop it and size it

upload.wikimedia.org...

Once I get the red lunar eclipse moon perfected, then there's something really cool and highly symbolic for the background to fill the whole avatar panel, which I'll need some help with as well.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

NAM aka Robert

edit on 17-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Cancel that request. It's fine, and my friend did a very good job, and it you look closely enough it appears that the man-in-the-moon is looking towards Jesus and has a bit of a painful grimace, which is appropriate given the nature of the ordeal to come, while at the same time, as a full moon, signifying the full life still to be lived, on the other side of the cross.

I am hopeful however that someone might be able to help me out with the avatar background panel when the time comes..

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Looking forward to someone stopping by and asking for something.
Been slow in these parts since Chiten got the boot.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ok I've figured out how to load a background, but it was longer to start with but got cut off, whereas yours goes all the way to the max allowable limit in terms of verticle length - how is that done? I guess it depends on the original design fitting just right?

I do have a request for a full verticle length background if I might be so bold... but first I would like to know how it's done, I've always wondered about that, why with some people it stops up short, others you get the image repeating, and others who've somehow been able to perfect it, like you have and who have a full length background.. curious about that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hey NAM, long time no see.

I've resized it to 180x480 which is usual background size, but your initial one was 180x499, so it was pretty close to the correct size. Not sure why it's not fitting correctly but set this new one as your background and see if it's a better fit.

edit: I've also attempted a small resize on your avatar at 170x200. It may stretch the background out.

edit on 17/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added extra avatar

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Ok I've figured out how to load a background, but it was longer to start with but got cut off, whereas yours goes all the way to the max allowable limit in terms of verticle length - how is that done? I guess it depends on the original design fitting just right?

I do have a request for a full verticle length background if I might be so bold... but first I would like to know how it's done, I've always wondered about that, why with some people it stops up short, others you get the image repeating, and others who've somehow been able to perfect it, like you have and who have a full length background.. curious about that.

on page 1 or 2 of this thread are instructions that i cannot outdo.

If you have a clear .gif avatar, it streches the background out. From there, the background should be 180X480 to fit perfectly.

Let me know what you want and I will work on it (as will others). My time is limited to the really late evenings, but i enoy doing it when i can at night.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Would you like to take on my "case" bigfatfurrytexan?

I've posted my avatar without the red moon in it a few posts above, and I'd still like to do something with the moon but that's another matter.

For the background I'm looking for the most magnificent stars on a black space background, but as if they're telling a story, at the bottom, with a two star conjuction (representing Jupiter and Venus just touching or about to), say above the thin curvature of the earth turning from day to night at the very bottom, and above, just a beautiful heavenly display of stars at increasingly higher heights, with my avatar (no red moon) at the top, yet still framed by the starry background - is that a good description?

That's what I'm asking for for Christmas this year anyway..

Here's the one to work with

files.abovetopsecret.com...

For the gif background, to you need to integrate the avatar into that as one combined image, or will I still use both avatar AND background both (if I've interpreted the directions right that's right).

Thanks for your help!

NAM aka Rob

edit on 17-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks for your help, and hello! to you also, but nothing I tried worked.

You go to the loaded ATS image open it, and click background, which takes you to your setting page where the avatar link is, and down an options is the background setting which is by then already pre-loaded with the right file (having clicked background) and then you click accept new background and that's it, right?

I even took your image and converted it to a gif and tried it, same thing.

Now with the avatara I'm using, that's smaller even that the full width side, so I don't get why it won't work.. argh!

What I see in my settings page, is the background slightly thickened and repeating over and over again all the way down the right side of the page under my avatar, then when I come here to view it it's cut off at the end of the first section as I see it at my settings page (except repeating).

It MUST be the size of the avatar that I'm using... maybe. Oh all this trial and error... sigh.

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

In addition, you also need a clear .gif set as your avatar. I think you can get one by right clicking where my avatar should be, and copying mine. But in the page 1/2 instructions there is one linked and set up so its easy to find.

here is mine:

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e90436e23fc .gif

I put a space before the period in front of gif. Just remove that space when you paste it into your avatar. along with the space between the first h and the ttp
edit on 18-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Oh you mean it's all in the avatar, no background needed?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

here is mine:

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e90436e23fc .gif

I put a space before the period in front of gif. Just remove that space when you paste it into your avatar. along with the space between the first h and the ttp

Did that and it did not work. Tried to save the image, and it's just all black.

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'll need you to post it as an image here in this space, so that I can save it, and then upload it to ATS first, I can't just plug it in won't work, so I need to save the image and upload it.

When you say clear .gif "set" I don't know what you mean, you mean "set" as in both avatar and background together and clear .gif is a type of gif. ?

You did also ALSO, so I presume that one also needs a clear .gif set avatar as well as a clear .gif background perfectly sized - AH! So it was my avatar that was throwing it off and I needed the background to be in a "clear" .gif also... LOL (I don't have a CLUE)

Edit: Ah "set" as in the setTING, got it! Duh.

So I need two "clear" .gifs whatever those are, and somehow I've got to save them as gifs, upload them, and then plug them in as both my avatar and background - oh sigh.

I'm obviously have a rather difficult time with this eh?

I'll just leave it with you and wait patiently...

Take your time - I'm going to watch the movie Rounders, smoke a cigarette and go to bed, this has tired me right out!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

OK, so here's option 2.

Basically I just layered both existing images. All you need to do now is set it as your profile background. I'm assuming you can upload images already, so just click on the pic and select "set as profile background."

Now, either use the invisible avatar BFFT supplied, or alternatively use this one;

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif

Remove the space between the h and the t first, go to TOOLS+ and scroll down to avatars. Copy and paste the line and hit submit. You should then have the full length image with an invisible gif in front at the right size.

ETA: Here's the same image with the original size avatar;

edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added avatar

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Invisible avatar, brilliant!

Seems to have worked as a test. I still see it repeating over and over down the length of my settings page but I guess that's the way it looks for everyone. End result is fine, so for the real one, we just disappear the avatar with an invisible avatar and then integrate the two elements together as the background setting and voila!

Sorry for taking up an entire page of this wonderful thread..!

So here's my request in terms of what I was looking for

NAM's Background Request

For the background I'm looking for the most magnificent stars on a black space background, but as if they're telling a story, at the bottom, with a two star conjuction (representing Jupiter and Venus just touching or about to), say above the thin curvature of the earth turning from day to night at the very bottom, and above, just a beautiful heavenly display of stars at increasingly higher heights, with my avatar (no red moon) at the top, yet still framed by the starry background - is that a good description?

That's what I'm asking for for Christmas this year anyway..

Here's the one to work with

Thanks for your help!

NAM aka Rob

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Looks pretty good from where I'm sitting.

I was just hoping the position fitted the text right. And don't worry about the page, perfection takes time (and a lot of posts...)

I'll have a look at the background and see what I can come up with but BFFT and the others are usually better at the custom jobs than me. Graphics Tablet on the way though, so look out then...

edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: eta

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And while I'm asking re: background, I might as well include this as well re: red moon rising/risen.

Hi there.

Someone has already helped me out in a very big way re: Santa hat and blood-red moon [lunar eclipse] (see my avatar) and I just don't feel comfortable making any more requests of him given the degree to which we've already gone back and forth tweaking and retweaking.

The issue is with the blood-red moon, which doesn't look quite moon-like enough and I was hoping to get another one made and inserted in the pic, same diameter, same location with certain degree of fading (to make it fit in with da Vinci's painting). My helper used a real moon image from a lunar eclipse and if possible I'd still like to do that, but in the scaling down to size it lost aspects of the light faded moon cratering you normally see when you look at the moon. Right now it appears planetoid, but you can't be certain that it is indeed the moon during a lunar eclipse.

Here's the image without the moon

link files.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a link to A lunar eclipse image (although another might work better for this purpose I don't know..), but I only have paint and can't crop it and size it

upload.wikimedia.org...

In terms of placement and size here's what we're looking at

Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Risen

Once I get the red lunar eclipse moon perfected, then there's something really cool and highly symbolic for the background to fill the whole avatar panel, which I'll need some help with as well.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best Regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Age!

NAM aka Robert

Once we've got the avatar integrated with the new starry background, and the new tiny moon in the da Vinci section (avatar), both behind the distant mountains rising and risen, I'd like to have TWO of these backgrounds, one with the red moon rising, and the other risen, just to freak people out (when they see me in the forums, they'll SWEAR that last time the red moon was just rising, or, above the horizon, and I may even choose to put the moon up when I'm here, and leave it down when I'm not - I like to mess around with people in very tiny ways that are amuzing it's my thing (ya get a life I know).

So in summary, it's invisible avatar, with avatar on background properly sized in either gif or jpg as the background setting

GOT IT!

What relief!!!

P.S. And now I also know what "clear .gif set as my avatar" means! Duh

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

So first pass, earth at the bottom going from night to day, the two stars just above almost touching and the original avatar at the top over a starry backdrop.

With moon just rising;

and with moon risen;

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

That's the idea, although I guess we'd have the avatar right near the top so the thin black border is the same on the top as the left and right, or is the larger gap needed to get it under my name and stuff..? (will go try it out..)
Edit: Yes, that gap is neccessary you had that right.

For the Earth-plane, I'd like a wider, thinner arc of a real image of earth from space right at the bottom, and for the stars, something as realistic as possible ie: a real astronomy photo of some kind showing a conjunction or getting very close to one with lots of other stars visible, maybe even with a few twinkling stars (I realize that's probably too much to ask).

But that's the right idea, yes. And yeah, three of them, one with no moon, one with full moon rising, and the last with full moon risen.

Then there's just that matter of replacing the moon with another lunar eclipse blood red moon (faded somewhat) that can't be mistaken for anything but a moon (ie: not mars or a red sun), but of the same circumference and location.

That's what I'm after, that's my Christmas wish for my ATS avatar, for the "New Age"..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

You're right I did the gap at the top to fit your info in without going over the Jesus image.

The space image was a real photo, but most of the images of the earth were either too small when scaled down or just got lost against the background. This one, while artwork and not a photo had both elements.

I'll have a play around with a few different ideas soonish, and post em up a bit later.

Hmmm, it looks like I may have to move the stars up a bit as they are hidden behind the second info lot. Unfortunately we can't do animated backgrounds (against T&Cs), so I won't be able to do any twinkles.

Perhaps if you wanted to google star fields and post up the type of background you had in mind. Many of the ones I looked up that were heavy with stars were also very bright and not black.
edit on 18/12/2012 by 74Templar because: added text

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join