It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 147
<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The other option is to crop out the area you want to recolour, and paste it as a new image. Then just muck around with the hue and saturation you want, then re-paste it back over the original image as a new layer.

The trick if you are going to just colour the area, is to turn the opacity of the brush right down, so it takes a few passes to start getting colour in there, rather than one big swath of colour. It also allows you to slowly blend in other colours to add depth and shadow to the image.

edit on 24/4/2013 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

I have tried that, but the "crop" tool in GIMP is dumb, its only squared cropping. Unless I'm mistaken...?

ETA: I have trouble with the layering aspect of GIMP. Maybe I should contact Agarta...

-SAP-
edit on 24-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I haven't really used GIMP, but in CS5 and PSP9 they have a freehand crop tool. If you click on the tool options you should be able to get all kinds of shapes from a square to an ellipse. PSP9 also has a smart crop feature where you do it like a dot-to-dot, and the crop lines follow the image. I just use that or the pen tool on CS5 and manually slice out the bits I want to recolour, adjust and re-layer them back into the original pic. It does take practice, but if you've got a steady enough hand it becomes easy after a while.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thanks for the tips Templar. I'll mess around with random images and see what I can do, and when I have time I'll post it.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Just a note... I increase the view by a few hundred pct and then use the free select tool in GIMP to isolate the area and only that area I want to change the color of...

like this...

edit on 24-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

And thank you Zarni.

I will see what I can do. This is why I love this thread.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

There will be a surprise quiz next Wednesday to see what you have learned.

(dammit... I'm really no good with surprises)
edit on 24-4-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Ummm... Yeah... I don't do well with tests....

*cheats off of Templar*

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's cool... Don't ever cheat off BFFT.

That dude will fill in a wrong answer on his scantron just to throw you off.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I know better then to invade the space of a gorilla.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My method is typically changing the hue. But when the eyes are too dark......i have another trick:

Since i use PS (CS3, typically....CS5 occasionally) I select the area using the selection tool (you click, it selects an area out to the percieved border of that area). I will fine tune by adding a click here, subtracting a click there....get it as close as possible (doesn't have to be perfect).

Copy the selected area and then paste it into a new layer. Do both eyes at once. Then use "Blending Options" to do a color overlay. Select the color you want, set the blend mode on color overlay to "color". It will have all the brightness and glare effects of the eye, but with the color of the layer overlay.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

That's cool... Don't ever cheat off BFFT.

That dude will fill in a wrong answer on his scantron just to throw you off.

Cut off the old nose to spite the face? Yeah....i might do that.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Here's a couple of good pics I found:

edit on 4/26/13 by FortAnthem because: The white box around the dragon didn't look right

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hey isn't that your head exploding from too many bomb threads?

I like them both...but really like the one I'm wearing now...I'm empty ya see...

-nat the hollow cat-

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Yep, that's the pic from that thread. After one of the members came in and snatched up the pic for their own album, I got the idea that it would make a great avatar for somebody.

BYW, the mask statue looks great on you.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have no idea what you all are talking about at this point "leyland bros" and so on; I have 100 or so pages of banter to catch up on.

Hoping to have more time to participate here, we'll see I guess. Glad to see this thread is still alive and well, though.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Funny, I was just wondering where you have been lately Otto...

*Cue Twilight Zone music....*

Oh wait...

This post was the reference to the Leyland Brothers thing. It was originally a metaphor for "travelling all over the countryside," as I've just done another 2500km trip (with family in tow) to see friends, relatives and clear up some legal BS that started many months ago. In short, it's cold here. It sucks.

The Leyland Brothers

Zarni was playing with the idea of some gorilla themed Leyland Bros merchandise (See This Post) in reference to the outstanding work done for BFFT here (Just follow the posts to their conclusion), and for Zarni's outstanding work on Druid's avatar, which began here and goes for about 4 pages on. You know how quickly things get out of hand around here....

Basically, we haven't changed much, it'll be good to have one of the originals back in the fold.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I have been having some strange times this year and only recently felt the urge to return to ATS.

I don't really have any other excuse. *shrug*

Thanks for the synopsis - after browsing through the links you shared, I now have a full understanding of Leyland Bros and laughed quite a bit at the gorilla images you guys came up with. Pure brilliance at work.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I see you and the Mrs. were able to get away this weekend.

Up On The Roof-The Drifters

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

God don't I wish.

I had an 18 hour workday yesterday. After 5 in a row of 12-15 hours. Today all i could manage was sleeping. Do I ever need a vacation!

top topics

<< 144  145  146    148  149  150 >>

join