It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is definitely A UFO!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Well, NASA took those pictures and posted them for all to see, but I have yet to find a hard explanation from NASA of what it is. It would have been nice for NASA to tell us, but then again, we wouldn't be here using our imaginations.....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yeah, NASA if a "funny" agency. I have always prescribed to this...when trying to get away with something, the best way to accomplish that is by doing right out in the open, in front of everyone. Has NASA been doing this all along? I have a good friend who is an aeronautical engineer at NASA, having worked for them since graduating from Penn State about 19 years ago. He was originally assigned to MIR, now he primarily is assigned to the ISS. I'm always busting his chops about alien lunar bases and what not. Disappointedly, his job is very boring; when not attending meeting after meeting throughout the week, he occassionally gets assigned to a republican senator in Washington to lobby, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
One of those images look like a cat is sitting or Yodi sitting just looking.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Cosmic911

See, there's that word again...definitely,

Yeah. I got that the first time you said it. I was just pulling you chain. I use definitely because, even though it's been called space junk, it's still unidentified as to what kind of junk it is.

Just calling it junk doesn't answer the question of what it is or where it came from.

An insulation blanket and two antenna spools, (One was on purpose the other not)

So far, Unity's checkout has proceeded smoothly. The only problem was
a lost thermal blanket that got away from Ross during Wednesday's
spacewalk. The blanket was one of four being installed over the large
metal attach pins, or trunnions, used to mount Unity in the shuttle's
cargo bay for launch. Castle said the lost blanket poses no major
problem.

And

NASA managers say the astronauts accomplished 100 percent of their
pre-flight objectives and even found time to carry out a few unplanned
tasks, including the manual deployment of two jammed antennas on the
Zarya module. Whether one supports the space station project or not,
Endeavour's flight was a major success and an equally major morale boost
for the space agency.

Source

Unfortunately, these pictures will probably pop up in ten years time, with all the explanations long since hitting the internet graveyard, and a new generation of UFO seekers will think it's Earth shattering proof.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Okay, so I did a Google search on "Black Knight Satellite" and got this:

forbiddenhistory.info.../57

What is the "Black Knight" satellite? It is a mysterious satellite, of unknown origin, discovered in 1960 which shadowed Sputnik. It is believed to have been of extraterrestrial origin, and signaled back old radio waves from the 1920s and 1930s before it disappeared. In short wave patterns analyzed by astronomer Duncan Lunan, it revealed its origin as Epsilon Boötes (or the star system as it was 13,000 years ago).

In "Disneyland of the Gods", by John Keel, he reports in depth on this satellite: "In February 1960 the US detected an unknown object in polar orbit, a feat that neither they or the USSR had been able to accomplish. As if that wasn't enough, it apparently was several sizes larger than anything either country would have been able to get off the ground. And then, the oddness began. HAM operators began to receive strange coded messages. One person in particular said he managed to decode one of the transmissions, and it corresponded to a star chart. A star chart which would have been plotted from earth 13,000 years ago, and focused on the Epsilon Bostes star system.

On September 3, 1960, seven months after the satellite was first detected by radar, a tracking camera at Grumman Aircraft Corporation's Long Island factory took a photograph of it. People on the ground had been occasionally seeing it for about two weeks at that point. Viewers would make it out as a red glowing object moving in an east-to-west orbit. Most satellites of the time, according to what little material I've been able to find on the black knight satellite, moved from west-to-east. It's speed was also about three times normal. A committee was formed to examine it, but nothing more was ever made public.

That's crazy! This thing was discovered in 1960! If this is true, then that rules out space junk, in my opinion.

edit on 2-12-2012 by windword because: source and spelling

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why do you think these pictures have anything to do with the "Black Knight" tale?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because of the same video with another title, "Black Knight Satellite Alien Tech in Plain sight, plus in another thread, the one Boncho linked, a poster called it a mystery alien ship, so decided to do a Google search to see if I could get more info on it,

The Google search yielded the same photos and videos and 2 sites that quoted the "Disneyland of the Gods" book about the object.

Are the pictures and the story 2 different things? Is the story a fairy tale?

edit on 2-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It's a fun little story:

The most cited report of the satellite comes from Disneyland of the Gods, by John Keel. He reports that in February 1960 the US detected an unknown object in polar orbit, a feat that neither they or the USSR had been able to accomplish. As if that wasn't enough, it apparently was several sizes larger than anything either country would have been able to get off the ground.

And then, the oddness began. HAM operators began to receive strange coded messages. One person in particular said he managed to decode one of the transmissions, and it corresponded to a star chart. A star chart which would have been plotted from earth 13,000 years ago, and focused on the Epsilon Bostes star system.

Of course people just throw things together in the CT crowd. The videos and this case has nothing to do with the fabled "Black Knight Satellite"....

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I never heard this story before!

Found this on your cool link!

Originally posted by Esoterica a member of ATS Post ID 292902 Thread - www.abovetopsecret.com... I was in a bookstore and was just flipping through a bargain book of weird happenings. One entry, only a couple of paragraphs long, caught my interest because I had never heard of it before. The basic blurb was that in 1957, an unknown satellite was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft. It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were "decoded" (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before. This object was dubbed "The Black Knight."

www.abovetopsecret.com... 175 FLAGS!

i've got some reading to do!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join