It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing partner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I went back through DrTreg threads and one of them is on hallucinations. A definition is given and then a story of how people will often have hallucinations that they are seeing a loved one after they have died. Didn't she just lose her father. She could very well be having a mental breakdown. I wonder with you others if drTregs is really her.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
THIS article, dated 11/29/2012, indicates that the Mother, who is temporarily in the UK, contacted the authorities when she could not contact her daughter for two days. There doesn't seem to be any mention of a "partner" or "carer", which the OP claimed to be, contacting authorities:

Fiona Lord was last seen by neighbours as she left her house at Pontac Common, around lunchtime on Wednesday (November 28th). Her mother, who is currently away in the UK, contacted the police today, concerned that she hasn’t been able to contact Fiona for the past two days.

The article mentions Fiona's mother and her dog, that is all.

The OP makes multiple claims to having a relationship as both a "partner" and "carer" - so why are all the news stories only referencing the mother in making the contact that raised the red flag?

My partner and I live on a small island.

...and aswell as being her partner I am one of her carers...

Could be disillusion regarding the relationship?
Could be a friend who wants to be more?
Could be this is a situation in the OP's local area, which OP is drawing from?

Incidentally, the OP's posting history shows quite a few instances where OP creates a thread and never replies to the responders who post on the thread.
I was keeping tabs tonight as well, and for a goodly period of time, the OP was showing as being online.

edit on 4-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: Fixed reference to mother and dog that should not have been inside the quote.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

I'm starting to wonder if this is a dissociative identity disorder episode due to reference about Jekyll & Hyde. Are we only speaking with one side of dr treg or is the person missing plagued with this? Maybe there's a stranger reason why this is actually in the paranormal subforum?

I admit I wasn't convinced of anything early on but
I think you may have made a great call.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy - I think you already raised the "Alert" to our Mods, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Yes I did but I only complained it may be a hoax. But I'm certain they are onlooking. Just the same, I'd say make a call !

Everybody push the alert button.

edit on 4-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by CrimsonKnight13

I'm starting to wonder if this is a dissociative identity disorder episode due to reference about Jekyll & Hyde. Are we only speaking with one side of dr treg or is the person missing plagued with this? Maybe there's a stranger reason why this is actually in the paranormal subforum?

I admit I wasn't convinced of anything early on but
I think you may have made a great call.

Not that I am the sharpest tool in the shed, but I would like to concur, for what it's worth with the above poster.
Taken all together, the jeckyll-hyde reference, the shipman thread from the OP and its subject matter, the original wording of the post, and the forum of paranormal it was posted in--as well as, secondarily, the pic and the writing.....it seems obvious that we are being given a subset of psychological givens, if you will, and an extrapolation thereof: Missing, from a small island, and a "partner" reporting said circumstance. With the Jekyll Hyde reference, the implications of info in the Shipman thread about dendrite transformation (neurophysical pathology) and a pic with handwriting wishing a happy birthday to a "baby boy" despite the pic being of a woman...
well, put it all together.
Hypothetically, a small island, is a human body. Jekyll and Hyde, and shipman info, regards and implies two inhabiting one, or disassociative disorder, or split personality, or I could even reference a thread here (please take this with a grain of salt but understand what I am getting at, psychologically and technologically, after all this is ATS)
and combine this with the posting in the paranormal, other than "normal" forum.....

with these thoughts contexts applied, it seems rather obvious, then., that, this is Fiona/Jane, herself, or could be a "partner" who associates themselves over-personallly, as it were, and then may, in fact, if viewing the person as a literal extension, then of themselves, have something to do with the "disappearance."

Even the term disappearance....provokes thought, given what I described above.
In all this thinking here to write this, it strikes me, that our current mode of interacting with one another, interfacing, as it were, even, predisposes us to fudge and/or lose sight of boundaries in regards psychologically, easily, and shade by shade, day to day, inch into something quite unhealthy. And I am putting myself and my mind here, in a place where it does not go in my life, but sees others go daily, in our society, on every level, encouraging and allowing what I described to take place.

Lastly, "I love her to bits." This disturbs me, on a gut level. Like someone saying to me, I love you to death.
This, also, I find, disturbing. Pieces vs. the whole. Missing vs. here and present. Love and death, which aren't supposed to be together......
Maybe I've had too much wine......

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Also looking at the scribbling on the posted photo from the OP (original post)... Could be:

Happy Birthday Boo Boy
Happy Birthday Boy Boy
Happy Birthday Baby Boy (it's a stretch, but if you have really sloppy handwriting like I do, a plausible one)

What seems more obvious is there appears to be a colon or some kind of demarcation, followed by the word "chase" or "chose"...???

I am a bit concerned about that... Just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Yes I did but I only complained it may be a hoax. But I'm certain they are onlooking. Just the same, I'd say make a call !

edit on 4-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Ok, I'll alert the thread to the Mods again.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Excellent analysis. You picked up on a few subtleties I hadn't noticed. Thank you!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I just alerted as well. I would hate to think we ignored a situation that could put someone in danger.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Wow, you people are really on the ball. At first the poster had me fooled, or I am just naive. This is quite intriguing and scary. I hope this woman is found.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Hopefully, we we are all wrong, but at least we will have made our concerns known.
edit on 4-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yeah, but isn't it so sad, the way we all have to be on the ball. What I mean is, when I first read this, tonight, my gut reaction was on reading the OP, God, how horrible this guy has lost his partner. That she's GONE, and he must be beside himself. Then I read Randy and the others' reactions, and I noticed, above all, his "I've already really accepted it." I didn't want to react with skepticism. I wanted to believe, as horrible as it might be, that this was just someone grieving the loss of someone, worrying, and reaching out for help, solace, support. But as I looked at the time stamps over the days, etc., and lack of response, and put it all together in the way I saw it in my post above, as a thinking individual, I HAD to come to the same conclusion of skepticism, and begin to analyze it the way I did.
As bad as losing someone who left or was abducted, either being abhorrent, the person posting having something to do with it and "bragging rights" here, or the missing themselves, displaying their particular disassociation here and involving us all in recognizing them missing, in fact, themselves, or being inherently disturbed by sensing "another" in their mind and describing and reaching out as a "missing" person, either and any of these eventualities is both fascinating, and illuminating as an effect of the current world we live in and its risks and problems, and horribly tragic. There is no good choice, of what could be going on here.
But my gut reaction was, I don't WANT to take it apart and evaluate it the way my intellect is forcing me to....I would rather just believe it is what it is on the surface.....someone asking for our help and grieving.....and then you feel guilty wanting it to be that because it's after all some poor woman missing for God's sake, and who wants that, after all.
I hate it that we have to be suspect today of any overt communication, no matter how seemingly plausible and/or tragic that appeals and pulls at our heartstrings, empathy, emotionality.....and I hate the analysis that comes when it isn't plausible any longer, either. Both become abhorrent, don't they, and an indictment of these times.....
edit on 4-12-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I retired as a mental health counselor and worked with the mentally ill for a number of years. Over the years there have been a number of conditions labeled as split personality and then multiple personality disorder and now disassociative identity disorder. What they all have in common is that the person experiences a confusion of who they are. The personality change is sometimes an effort by the person for protection or to avoid pain or trauma. Let's all hope she finds help soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
reply to post by tetra50

I retired as a mental health counselor and worked with the mentally ill for a number of years. Over the years there have been a number of conditions labeled as split personality and then multiple personality disorder and now disassociative identity disorder. What they all have in common is that the person experiences a confusion of who they are. The personality change is sometimes an effort by the person for protection or to avoid pain or trauma. Let's all hope she finds help soon.

amen. I was trying to write that to a post you made above 20 min. or so ago, but lost connection. My contraverted effort to analyze what you describe professionally was simply an attempt to aid to a situation like this ending as well as it possibly could, given the problems associated. In my humble experience, it is always an effort to protect or cope in avoiding pain and trauma, excellently illucidated and pointed out in a timely manner. Thank you. And in case I didn't get across in everything I wrote that I hope the same as you expressed, for God's sake, I only write and input here because I see the pain so clearly on all fronts and hope for the best possible conclusion, just as you.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just wanted to say, I think all of you have done a Great Job of Asking Question about this OP and Analyzing the OP's current and past threads and replies.
You've all done a Fantastic Job of thinking out of the Box. Many of you have giving the rest of us some things to ponder and think about.
I do find it strange, this OP has not returned and as not replied to my post on his or her other thread from 2010.

I just want it known, it anything out of the ordinary happens to me or my husband, I want you all as my Investigative Detective Force to insure, there was no Funny Business involved

What a Great Group we have here.

Thank You All For Looking Beyond what was giving to us, but reading in-between the lines and going with your ( as my husband said ) Gut Instincts.
I think maybe you have alerted the powers to be, that either they have one person playing two people or we have something much more serious!
guohua

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

I think I'm gonna go like this.

Hey dr. treg,
Life is so messed up sometimes and man I would love to just leave who the hell I am behind once in awhile. But that would just be so messed up for those I'd leave behind that care about me. So when ever you come back to this thread. I promise you will find a lot of love right here. No judgement, no condemnation, no long nosing. So give us some relief as soon as you can. You're a member here lady and part of our community and we love are members big time.

Randy

SnF
edit on 5-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

how right you are, randy.
we are asking you, dr treg, if you are the missing so many are searching for,
we all care about you. trying to figure it all out is what all of us are here for. but not to the exclusion of each other, i don't think. in other words, the ideas were just about making sure we knew what was happening. we'd all rather know you were safe and sound over anything else. if you aren't, well, we'd like to know that, too. so we can do whatever to help you fix it.
we only take apart each others' op's trying to get to the bottom of whatever it is.....trying to help, each other be safe, and sleep well another night, in a warm, dry, place with no worries. always. this is most important.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

I know it doesn't have the population of Philly, but it's decent size.

Government Organization The States of Jersey Police serves a resident population of 97,800 people as well as over 700,000 visitors to Jersey each year. About

From there Facebook page.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I reacted in the same order you did.

The "accepted" phrasing is really off. It reminds me of cases when a person is missing and their significant other talks about them in past tense.

Creepy.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join