It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1938 mobile phone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well let's say it's not a mobile, why is she holding a compact or brush against her head and then doing that flipping motion?

What is it she is holding?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
plenty of threads on this op

search bar

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Given the fact that were no cell towers in 1938, I'm inclined to believe it's not a cell phone.

I think she was scratching her face and had something in her hand.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I did search, sorry. So what's the verdict?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ok, just for fun lets say it was a cell phone, who in the hell are you going to call if there are no cell towers? Having a cell phone without any cell towers is like having a car with no gas. Not sure if she was talking to herself or the person walking next to her, but I am pretty certain that it wasn't a cell phone.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by davesmart

I did search, sorry. So what's the verdict?

Depends on what you believe.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe there were cell towers and you just couldn't see them.

You never know.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2012 by ChristianJihad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Ok, but she's not shy. A wallet, interesting.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Nope. There were no cell towers before 1973. The first call was routed through the Burlington Consolidated Tower because Dr. Martin Cooper had installed the worlds first base station at the tower.

www.brophy.net...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by ChristianJihad

Ok, but she's not shy. A wallet, interesting.

Fake shy, she's flirting with the camera by pretending to be all sweet and innocent

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Cell towers? Since when do time travelers need cell towers? Time traveling satellites maybe?

The woman's reactions were similar to someone on the phone. How do we know that the film is real? I did not notice any film anomolies like flicker or scratches on the film even if it was restored there would be something irregular in the quality. Did I miss the name of the film? I want to check it out myself.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by earthalien50

Oh it's late 1930's already. I now a lot about history and fashion, and this is legit. It's a bunch of workers coming out of an Dupont factory. Let me see if I can find out the occasion.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It looks to me like she is holding a wallet or coin purse and scratching her face.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by earthalien50

Oh it's late 1930's already. I now a lot about history and fashion, and this is legit. It's a bunch of workers coming out of an Dupont factory. Let me see if I can find out the occasion.

I would love to have more proof other than the fact that you [now] the era and it has to be in the 30's. It is possible to reproduce the 1930's on film. I don't understand how this could be a logical argument.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
well, she does look like she's talking on a mobile. sort of.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You wouldn't necessarily have to have needed cell towers when you think about it. Some modern phones can point to point with each other, so I guess that means there are two time travelers?

Of course there is another big hiccup. No one back then would understand a woman talking to herself since wireless anything wasn't even imagined yet. Going crazy is all being caught once would be taken as. They were still doing nasty things like lobotomies and electroshock treatments for behavior problems. I don't think a time traveler would risk it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is wild.I was thinking that the film was phoney at first.But if you look closely at the people's hairstyles and clothing they appear to be authentic!
You can also date a film by the automobiles but alas none shown in clip.Would have loved to have seen a 38 Studebaker drive by
I can't explain the clip.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join