It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan prepares to intercept N Korean missile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The Japanese government has begun deploying interceptor missiles following North Korea's announcement that it will launch a satellite-carrying rocket later this month. Japan considers the launch will be virtually a test of a ballistic missile. North Korea said on Saturday it will launch a rocket carrying an "earth observation satellite" between the 10th and 22nd of this month.

I wonder how this will play out, i doubt north korea are going to take kindly to their missile/rocket attempts being blown out of the sky.

Link to source:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

If the North Korean missile get's into Japan's airspace they have every right to shoot it down.
I'm sure if they do though somehow the US will get blamed for it.....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If the North Korean missile get's into Japan's airspace they have every right to shoot it down.
I'm sure if they do though somehow the US will get blamed for it.....

Why would N Korea fire it into Japans airspace? I agree that if it did enter, then they do have the right to shoot it down.

This link shows Japans airspace, and their Air-Defence Identification Zone.
sun-bin.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

North Korea is testing Missiles that are too long range to contain without flying over someone's airspace. I think that's the whole problem. Even they can't be foolish enough to fire right over South Korea, so testing straight south is out. I'm sure China is friendly, but that has it's limits. I'm sure launching to hit a range north would be well over those limits, even for them. So that leaves launching East into the open Pacific......on the other side of Japan. Err... Small world.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So what if they do shoot it down?

Both teams get their practice in.

Leave it at that.

This reminds me of that remote controlled drone that the hunters shot down here in the states.

edit on 2-12-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
WW3 will not break out over this. Even the Russians have said they will shoot the thing down. And i think the Chinese are getting fed up with North Korea causing so much trouble, an appendix that needs removing. I think this is North Korea's final warning now. The world has lost patience. Even their closest aillies are facepalming. Their own people are starving and many held in labour camps and die there. On a par with the Nazis and Stalin's gulags. The ask for food aid and yet they can afford a shiny new rocket and nuclear firecrackers? Oh please!

I think the UN might just vote unaminously for once and send in a UN Task Force to sort this evil regieme out if N Korea does go ahead with this. Enough is enough.

FREE THE PEOPLE OF NORTH KOREA AND GET RID OF THE SCUMBAGS THAT ARE GUILTY OF MASS MURDER!

new topics

top topics

join