It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man's body found in wheel well of Miami-Detroit plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They found an unidentified body in the wheel well of a Boeing 737 today.
It makes me wonder, if a person could sneak into a wheel well unnoticed, how difficult would it have been to put a bomb in the wheel weel?

Planes should be more secure than that nowadays.

Reuters
DETROIT (Reuters) - An apparent stowaway who suffocated to death was found on Friday in the main wheel well of an American Airlines passenger jet when it landed in Detroit from Miami, authorities said.

"He was a thin black male in his early 20s," said Detroit Metropolitan Airport spokeswoman Barbara Hogan.

She said a ramp worker found the apparent stowaway at about 1 a.m. EDT, minutes after the Boeing 737 ended its three-hour flight from Miami.

The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office later determined he died from a lack of oxygen or "high altitude hypoxia," Hogan said...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well this is a way alot of illegal immigrants try to enter countries, I remember at one point there was a rash of deaths this way. I'm amazed after the many stories anyone's still dumb enough (or desperate enough) to try it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I do remember hearing stories of this type of thing before from countries like Cuba but why do it on a trip from Miami to Detroit?

Just trying to save money or trying to pull a stunt to impress people?

I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Had a spate of these earlier this year:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're usually illegal immigrants who can't afford other means of crossing a border.

Poor guy.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
What about this guy who mailed himself awhile back.

The freight charges were more then the cost for a passenger ticket.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Airports are big & unless they secure every airport like a prison people will always be able to get in. The new security focus has been on passengers that enter the airport through normal means, not folks sneaking over the fence and climbing with baggage etc.

They can screen all the passengers for weapons, & sniff all the bags for bombs, but how secure are the perimeters, or what about the food service guy?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Interesting story... I guess, he didn't know what he was doing. Still, now it's quite easy to blow up a plane this way...!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I found it interesting they cited air pressure as a factor but not lack of oxygen??

I feel for this man that his desparation led him to do this.

top topics

join