It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Fried Cruelty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain
And i am totaly against eating cats or dogs as food. i think common sense tells us that.common sense also tells us that chickens are food.

Some subway "restaurants" put cat/dog flesh into the hamburgers and you don't even know about it, just eat it and tasted fine. Think about that...

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Vertu]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Some subway "restaurants" put cat/dog flesh into the hamburgers and you don't even know about it, just eat it and tasted fine. Think about that...

what subway restraunt,in what country?is it easy to get dog meat,is dog meat cheaper than beef?

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's not country dependant. You know nothing about the dog/cat flesh, only about the "beef" you eat, and the price is much the same. I am talking about illegal operations.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
It's not country dependant. You know nothing about the dog/cat flesh, only about the "beef" you eat, and the price is much the same. I am talking about illegal operations.

I see.someone should call the health departmenet on those places

on a side note...........whats in a hotdog??ever thought about that??or bologna??i mean,hot dog meat could be anything..rat,cat,dog,people.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You can't make hotdog that easily as hamburger meat, and with the required spices, it can't be noticed easily. Personally I am not aware of eating stuff like that, but it is a media issue.

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What "Subway's" uses cat/dog meat????

That can't be real, probably a rumor, just like people were
saying "Kentucky Fried Chicken" changed their name to "KFC" because
they don't really use chicken, and could not use the "C" in "KFC"
any longer.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by weirdo
Who cares

I do. I care. Just because an animal will be used for a food source doesn't mean it should suffer to death? Still deserves a humane death...

Hunters (for food, not sport) know that the amount of suffering and fear that an animal goes through prior to death is INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL to the flavor of the meat. When an animal is in fear and suffering, it is dumping large amounts of hormones into the blood stream which go directly to the muscles(MEAT). Not only do these hormones cause the meat to taste bad, they are not very good for you. I ALSO CARE HOW MUCH ANIMALS SUFFER. Just because an animal is used for food does not mean it is OK to TORTURE it before it is eaten.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by weirdo
Who cares

I do. I care. Just because an animal will be used for a food source doesn't mean it should suffer to death? Still deserves a humane death...

Hunters (for food, not sport) know that the amount of suffering and fear that an animal goes through prior to death is INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL to the flavor of the meat. When an animal is in fear and suffering, it is dumping large amounts of hormones into the blood stream which go directly to the muscles(MEAT). Not only do these hormones cause the meat to taste bad, they are not very good for you. I ALSO CARE HOW MUCH ANIMALS SUFFER. Just because an animal is used for food does not mean it is OK to TORTURE it before it is eaten.

Which brings us back to the point.Chickens arent routinely abused.while they may not be loved and snuggled with,they arent abused.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Was it true a while back that Jack-n-the-box used kangaroo meat in their hamburgers? and they were calling it Jack-n-the-pouch.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

reminds me of all the nuts jobs that keep snakes and try to tell me that the feeding of rats is nature...such idiocy! Yes, yes, it's nature in the wild....not when you put something in an enclosed space with no fair chance....and I don't want to hear from snake lovers...I love snakes too, there isn't any creature that I don't find magnificent and beautiful within it's own right....

Im sorry but your going to hear from this snake lover! I do not EVER feed a live animal to my snakes. Its cruel and unatural in that the animal has opportunity to escape in the wild, not to mention cruel to the snake if its not hungry, rats/mice can cause horrific and fatal wounds to snakes.
All rodents fed to my snake are humanely killed with co2 frozen and thawed for use. WE DO NOT ALL ACCEPT INHUMANE PRACTICES!
Please dont call us nut jobs!

I might add, some snakes wont eat frozen/thawed and the keeper must resort to a live rat, this does not mean the keeper takes pleasure in it. The snakes strikes immediatly as the rat is introduced the enviroment. In which case the animal is killed just as quickly as it would be in the wild. This comes down to weather an observer see's natures killing (constriction or envenomation) as more or less cruel than human killing.
Human killing is, depending on method, both kinder and quicker, however when your pet gives you no choice, whats the alternative? The alternative is often more cruel, force feeding with dead prey, extremly stressful and can have fatal results, or let it starve?

Unless you keep snakes i think from a tecknical perspective, you are not in a position to judge.
From a moral perspective, I agree with you, however, if I had a snake which would not take dead prey despite all efforts, then im afraid i too would resort to offering live prey to save the snake.
Without personal experience of such matters its a bit unfair to label snake keepers in general "nut jobs".

This is a far cry from bashing chickens to death and totally unrelated.

[edit on 023131p://32012 by instar]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by iceofspades

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join