It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Fried Cruelty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Please watch this video; www.petatv.com...

If you didn't already know, the colonel's secret chicken ingredient doesn't involve any spices. You don't have to be a vegetarian to be disgusted by the cruelty KFC inflicts upon its chickens. From birth, the chickens have their beaks seered off by a special device with no anaesthetics or pain-killers (imagine your nose being cut off). Then the chickens are crammed into overcrowded cages where they literally have only the space a size of paper to move. They are routinely injected with hormones and antibiotics which cause them to grow so fast that their legs break from beneath them. Here they spend months rotting in other's dead bodies and their own feces till they grow to a good size.

At the slaughterhouse, they are placed on racks which cycle through a machine, first slitting their throats. Many do not die from this procedure but still continue down the line until they reach the searing tanks full of boiling water meant to remove their feathers. They are then boiled alive.

If you think this is worth it so you can have a chicken wing or two, then I have lost all faith in the good of man.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sorry mate, sheer propaganda. I've worked in this industry and the chicks are stunned electrically before being cut. As for that idiot that threw the chicken into the truck, that was probably a PETA member. If not it was his last night at work. Bruised meat is not sellable.

BTW, in Canada KFC buys it's product from independent houses.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
. Bruised meat is not sellable.

But is it edible? (likes free meat)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I always thought KFC genetically engineered headless chickens.

(I don't really believe that, but I have heard that on a few different occasions, lol)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I also heard rumors that Tyson's was trying to develope chickens with more wings, since wings are a hot seller now.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Sorry mate, sheer propaganda

Where are you getting your information that is was jsut propaganda? I haven't heard that it was before...it would sure be nice if it were!

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Who cares these chickens wouldn`t excist if we were not going to kill them.As long as there safe to eat and taste good.
The idea an animal should live a clean happy life before you cut its head off seems more cruel to me.At least if it is suffering it will be happy to be put out of its misery.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The company I work for supplies chicken for KFC and like Intrepid said they are stunned before being processed and anyone caught doing stuff like that fired. Is it cruel?A lot less than being chased, caught and eaten alive like the would be in the wild. I know if given the choice I would take the stunning over being torn apart by a pack of wolves

Nature is one mean Bitch

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Even so they are chickens, we treat humans just as bad, just look at the lady in Baghdad pleading for her life..

Dont eat there then but I think it is hogwash , as PETA would be going for the juggular on this crap.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Sorry mate, sheer propaganda

Where are you getting your information that is was jsut propaganda? I haven't heard that it was before...it would sure be nice if it were!

What do you want to know, I'm not getting your question.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Who cares

I do. I care. Just because an animal will be used for a food source doesn't mean it should suffer to death? Still deserves a humane death...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I was curious as to where the information came from that it was a PETA propaganda story?

As to the woman begging for her life...I agree, but that's not me doing that. I can't be cruel to anything innocent. It's not in my nature and I don't see what's wrong with killing something humanely...if you care for no other reason, you should care because when an animals if frightened, it produces hormones that is released into the body...and then we eat it

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And they dont spend months in cages, if memory serves me correct they are only a few weeks old. And the reason the beaks are cut off is to keep them from harming each other and it is painless more like clipping your nails than cutting of your nose.

I would worry more about the growth hormones and antibiotics they are pumped full of that how they are treated.

I have worked in the business over 10 years

Any more questions?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I was curious as to where the information came from that it was a PETA propaganda story?

I've worked for more than 1 chicken proccessing company. It's about $ and cents. Mistreatment of the product is a deduction of profit. Like I said before, no one is going to buy bruised meat, with the exception of deevee.

That is on a State/Provincial level. Nationally it is more stringent. This is the area that KFC falls into.

Basically to answer your question:

"I was curious as to where the information came from that it was a PETA propaganda story?"

If you did business like this piece put forth, you'ld be out of business before your first bank payment.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
it is painless to cut finger nails...it is not painless to cut the beak...the beak has nerve endings....finger nails do not.

I am just going by what I was told on thet one they dont cut the entire beak off, they couldnt eat then, just the tip

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Be blind to the truth if you wish Vlady.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Be blind to the truth if you wish Vlady.

NO...I really would like to think these creatures are being treated humanely....tell me.
EIDT..any vet will tell you thre are nerve endings in the beak....

[edit on 10/22/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

it is painless to cut finger nails...it is not painless to cut the beak...the beak has nerve endings....finger nails do not.

I am just going by what I was told on thet one they dont cut the entire beak off, they couldnt eat then, just the tip

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
And they dont spend months in cages, if memory serves me correct they are only a few weeks old. And the reason the beaks are cut off is to keep them from harming each other and it is painless more like clipping your nails than cutting of your nose.

Ah, but therein, you do not know it does not cause them pain. And the problem is the reason they must chop off their beaks; they go insane after two months maturation in a small cage with ten other chickens, eventually killing each other. Do you honestly think this is right?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Actually they are not kept in little cages. They have huge chicken houses.
The ones that are in cages are the laying hens.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join