It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower: Everyone in US under virtual surveillance, all info stored, no matter the post

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
RT talks to William Binney, whistleblower and former NSA crypto-mathematician who served in the agency for decades. Virtual privacy in US, Petraeus affair and whistleblowers' odds in fight against the authorities are among key topics of this exclusive interview.

Binney is one of the best mathematicians and code breakers in NSA history—worked for the Defense Department's foreign signals intelligence agency for 32 years before resigning in late 2001 because he could not stay after the NSA began purposefully violating the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I encourage them to read my posts so they know the timeline to the falling bricks.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All they'll get from my stuff is that I'm an ornery cuss.

We knew this was going on. Where are they storing so much info? Computer nerds, any ideas?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Here's a thought.

Currently there are several fusion centers active. This facility is meant to be the core ( hub ) of that fusion center network.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's stored on Funk and Wagnall's porch...

These agencies are given so much money, in the name of security, that they can do just about anything they want and are allowed to hide that facts. They know what you need and want because they know you can;t be trusted with you own decisions.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We have been disusing this same thing over here this is an excellent addition to it if you would so kindly embed the video on that thread as well. I find this CT to not be too difficult to believe.....thanks S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Thanks for S&F . I have embedded this RT interview into your thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What a colossal waste of money.

Wow, good thing the US isn't financially bankrupt.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hmm... He was NSA Signals Intelligence for over 30 years, but suddenly got self richeous after 9/11 to take a stand and quit? Okay, I can see this being said by rank and file Government people who didn't know better before 9/11 when so much about how the U.S. learns what it learns became widely public for the first time. However, The Echelon project has been collecting every Email, Fax, Telephone Call and where physically possible, radio transmission across the entire Globe since well before 2001. LONG before 2001. The NSA has been putting # 12 Boot prints all over our Constitution long before Bush came along to make it a public event.

1.1. The reasons for setting up the committee

On 5 July 2000 the European Parliament decided to set up a temporary committee on the
ECHELON system. This step was prompted by the debate on the study commissioned by STOA2
concerning the so-called ECHELON system3, which the author, Duncan Campbell, had
presented at a hearing of the Committee on Citizens’ Freedoms and Rights, Justice and Home
Affairs on the subject ‘the European Union and data protection’.

1.2. The claims made in the two STOA studies on a global interception
system codenamed ECHELON

1.2.1. The first STOA report of 1997

A report which STOA commissioned from the Omega Foundation for the European Parliament
in 1997 on ‘An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control’ described ECHELON in a
chapter concerning ‘national and international communications interception networks’. The
author claimed that all e-mail, telephone and fax communications in Europe were routinely
intercepted by the US National Security Agency4. As a result of this report, the alleged existence
of a comprehensive global interception system called ECHELON was brought to the attention of
people throughout Europe.

1.2.2. The 1999 STOA reports

In 1999, in order to find out more about this subject, STOA commissioned a five-part study of
the ‘development of surveillance technology and risk of abuse of economic information’. Part
2/5, by Duncan Campbell, concerned the existing intelligence capacities and particularly the
mode of operation of ECHELON.
European Union Investigation Report on Echelon (Large PDF)

9/11 happened, so this was forgotten about, although many certainly wished at the time it hadn't been. Everything one could need or want to know about how the Jurisdictions of the US, UK and Australia have been played so Echelon could spy internally in all 3 nations without violating the domestic charters against it is all in there spread across almost 200 pages.

It's been going on far back into the 90's though. This guy could have said something a bit sooner since his job description means he was either directly a part of it or was certainly aware of it's existence and ability, IMO. Echelon has been a sore spot with me for far longer than 2001.....aas well as many others I'd guess. It rubs a little wrong to see someone who was a part of it suddenly step out only when the public is made aware and it's the 'cool' thing to do. He spent his life creating what we now have to live with. He put some of those boot prints there personally.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Ill wager a guess that the storage of all this info has a lot more to do with an inevitable AI program than it does any need to access anyone's e-mail account.

Think about it, imagine you have all the info on the net as well as everyone's personal opinions in one large data base, for any ai to be any good its not just the ability to think.... it's processing capacity which we all know via innovation will be there in the next 20 years or so it also needs...a memory, data to work with.

So if you wanted to build an ultimate intelligence you'd store everything possible.

Kind of frighteningly like the Christian concept of an anti christ if you ask me.... everyone has a number, everyone feeds it, it knows every persons thoughts behaviors, patterns and can access virtually all the worlds accumulated knowledge in an instant to come to conclusions.

How would one get every leader and decision maker under the control of a singular entity? No "human" could that job... But when every politician, every law enforcement agency every ceo wants to have a questioned answered and literally can just turn to (lets call the program) "SATAN" as easy as they turn to Google and simply ask... well "Satan" will be making all the decisions wouldn't it?

Everyone thinks the mark of the beast will be a literally chip... nope no one will go for that

Its already been assigned your ss# and ip address

No HUMAN will ever be able to sort through this data... but in 20 years when the first conscious machines are built something sure will and do it as fast as you can catch a ball

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong I do not believe in the spiritual end of this per say.

Just in self fulfilling prophecy, if mankind can dream up a concept, mankind can create it and make it real.

Maybe we luck out when the day comes and the AI is strong enough to sift and process all this info as fast as you or I can remember out last meal...

Well... maybe we luck out and it tells those in charge they are suffering from a variety of mental disorders and shuts them down... in theory it would be pretty smart...
edit on 2-12-2012 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Binney mentions the number of the statute that prohibits the government from claiming state secrets in order to cover up a crime and his group's push to get this before the supreme court. Since 9/11 was used as an excuse to gain public acceptance for big brother and as an excuse to openly trample the constitution, if 9/11 was a government sanctioned crime, as many think, this seems like an excellent way to proceed.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My take is Utah is where all the information is going to be (or is already) stored.....
Interesting state Utah.........
Interesting cult too....Freemason Joseph Smiths Church i mean.......LDS
Perhaps theres a conection between the CHOICE of storage place, and the LDS agenda?
I do know they collect the birth records of every country in the world, and store them in a huge underground complex.....LDS i mean.....
What kind of ifiltration could be accomplished into the US Goverment, by non smoking, non drinking, church going, clean cut people from the state with the highest rate of enlistment in the US (when there was a draft, my figures are a bit dated maybe...)
The LDS cult has promising possibilities in the placing of their people in key goverment positions (in fact it is cult prophecy that the fate of the US will ultimately rest upon the priesthood of the cult.....
zBetween Trap Wire, The Droes, Fusion centers, Echelon,Satelite,and many other intrusive but not widely published programs, the obvious end is TOTAL INFORMATION (a term they tried to enact a while ago i believe congress shot it down.....
This is THE BACK DOOR to the program...its now in effect and by passing Congressional oversight.....
The Barstids do what they want regardless of constitutional prattling...Its all illegal really....

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't really care what the NSA or any of them think I about what I say....they can all go take a flying leap...just out of curiosity...I wonder if they can decipher these...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Hmm... He was NSA Signals Intelligence for over 30 years, but suddenly got self richeous after 9/11 to take a stand and quit? Okay, I can see this being said by rank and file Government people who didn't know better before 9/11 when so much about how the U.S. learns what it learns became widely public for the first time. However, The Echelon project has been collecting every Email, Fax, Telephone Call and where physically possible, radio transmission across the entire Globe since well before 2001. LONG before 2001. The NSA has been putting # 12 Boot prints all over our Constitution long before Bush came along to make it a public event.

1.1. The reasons for setting up the committee

On 5 July 2000 the European Parliament decided to set up a temporary committee on the
ECHELON system. This step was prompted by the debate on the study commissioned by STOA2
concerning the so-called ECHELON system3, which the author, Duncan Campbell, had
presented at a hearing of the Committee on Citizens’ Freedoms and Rights, Justice and Home
Affairs on the subject ‘the European Union and data protection’.

1.2. The claims made in the two STOA studies on a global interception
system codenamed ECHELON

1.2.1. The first STOA report of 1997

A report which STOA commissioned from the Omega Foundation for the European Parliament
in 1997 on ‘An Appraisal of Technologies of Political Control’ described ECHELON in a
chapter concerning ‘national and international communications interception networks’. The
author claimed that all e-mail, telephone and fax communications in Europe were routinely
intercepted by the US National Security Agency4. As a result of this report, the alleged existence
of a comprehensive global interception system called ECHELON was brought to the attention of
people throughout Europe.

1.2.2. The 1999 STOA reports

In 1999, in order to find out more about this subject, STOA commissioned a five-part study of
the ‘development of surveillance technology and risk of abuse of economic information’. Part
2/5, by Duncan Campbell, concerned the existing intelligence capacities and particularly the
mode of operation of ECHELON.
European Union Investigation Report on Echelon (Large PDF)

9/11 happened, so this was forgotten about, although many certainly wished at the time it hadn't been. Everything one could need or want to know about how the Jurisdictions of the US, UK and Australia have been played so Echelon could spy internally in all 3 nations without violating the domestic charters against it is all in there spread across almost 200 pages.

It's been going on far back into the 90's though. This guy could have said something a bit sooner since his job description means he was either directly a part of it or was certainly aware of it's existence and ability, IMO. Echelon has been a sore spot with me for far longer than 2001.....aas well as many others I'd guess. It rubs a little wrong to see someone who was a part of it suddenly step out only when the public is made aware and it's the 'cool' thing to do. He spent his life creating what we now have to live with. He put some of those boot prints there personally.

I totally agree. Binney was one of the many architects of this for 30 yrs, up to his neck in it. Now that the public is up in arms about it, he has a sudden burst of "conscience"?

Spare me please.

NSA has been in bed with the Telecom's since their formation in 1952.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by PrplHrt

Here's a thought.

Currently there are several fusion centers active. This facility is meant to be the core ( hub ) of that fusion center network.

~Heff

Yes, i agree once it's completed.

There was also a new data center built in San Antonio Tx.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Is there anyone else who has verfied his claims or is he alone in them?
There are many reasons someone would claim something but without corroborating evidence it has to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
From the interview...

"They were building social networks, on who was communicating, and with whom, inside this country. So that your entire social network of everybody, of every U.S. citizen, was being compiled over time."

-William Binney. 08:57

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-12-2012 by Xoanon because: oops

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heya,

Did you notice that he says as much at 02:38...

Binney:

"That's why they're building Bluffdale, because they have to have more storage, 'cause they can't figure out what is important, so they're just storing everything there."

Interviewer:

"You mean its being collected in bulk with out even requesting...?"

Binney:

"Yes."

www.youtube.com...

edit on 2-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

That's a very interesting perspective.... but you know what, I'd probably trust such an AI to make important decisions more than I would trust a human leader to make such decisions, and here's why. If the AI had access to virtually all the information on the internet, all our personal opinions and so on, it's going to have access to many intelligent opinions which are based on extremely sound logic. You see, the logic of control freaks and dictators is often completely flawed, like the logic behind the war on drugs for instance.

Since a computer AI system would rely on purely logical analysis, not emotional analysis, it would reach the most logical conclusions. If you were to ask if we should continue with the war on drugs, based on the cost and success of that war so far, there's a good 99% chance it's going to look at the data and then tell you illicit narcotics should be regulated like alcohol.

If you asked it whether the US should continue the excessive policing of the world under the guise of the war on terror, it would tell you that the cost associated with such activity far outweighs the actual risk of terrorism. Peanut allergies kill more people than terrorist do. You'd save more people fighting a war on peanuts if the same amount of money was spent on it.

These are the types of pure logical and analytical conclusions the AI would reach. And in reality the Government hates logical arguments, because 99% of the time their actions are not based on logic, but on emotional and monetary persuasions. Most of the things the AI suggested would be considered blasphemy by the government officials asking the questions.
edit on 2/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join