It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I completely understand that. But are you sure about the Age of the Jaguar?
I have read on the internet that it's what age we are now in accordance to the Mayans.

I just wonder what people would achieve by saying it's the Age of the Jaguar if it's not?
Like i said, i wanted someone to tell me if anything was wrong.. so, i just wondered

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Isee1111

Yes, the overwhelming majority of people.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

If aliens come and offer us a way off this corrupt planet I surely will board one of their ships.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well nothing will happen at all... Sorry but that's what history and logic would tell me, believing in the 'Mayan' fairy tale is nice and all but their is nothing that is 'positively' supposed to happen that day. NASA warns about flares and a new solar cycle but by their own admission they have no idea when or if anything will take place. So that brings me to my final point, who are you? A highly educated person? A savant? Someone with a past of predicting the future? No your not and this thread and your 'predictions' hold up like a piece of paper in water.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No, you've got it all wrong my friend.
It will be a day like any other.

It will be me telling you I told you so on 22nd Dec.

Oh and believe me I will.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I hope that in thousands of years one of OUR calenders will be found and cause this much unnecessary chaos.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
"Apocalypse" has more than than one meaning.

A great revealing.

Actually it has just the one meaning. The one you correctly disclosed.

It is the same word as "Revelation"... a great revealing.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hey,

Last night I seen a video of an old Mayan Indian dude. He said that those explorers destroyed most of the information of what was going to happen on 12/212/2012. The only information he had , was that which had been handed down threw word of mouth, down the ages.
Now he said, he did not know exactly what was going to happen because they destroyed all the info or else lied and it's sitting in the basement at the Vatican (That's what I think).
What he said he did know is that something was going to happen with the Sun , exactly what he couldn't say.

But what ever he said the Sun is going to be entering a new cycle?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is a topic I devoted many months of research to, and I believe I can provide a different perspective.

First of all, all of you smart guys saying you cant wait for the Dec 22nd to gloat, your behaviour is an failing perspective for the future of mankind, because you place your own egotistical desire for being right above the benefit of others. Your gloating will acomplish only bad feelings in others and alienate them. Instead of doing that, you could perhaps try to first research what you are commenting on. And I don't mean research as spending 30 minutes watching some discovery channel mumbo jumbo about the end of the world.

Thats just my frustration with cloned troll minded posts being spammed on every topic touching on 2012. I suspect government machines might be actively clouding peoples judgement, and I dont care for people who post identical to government shills.

The Source

The source of this whole theory lies with the late, great Terrence McKenna. One of the most brilliant minds I have ever had the chance to listen to. He was involved with shamanism, natural enteogenic plants and mushrooms, anthropology, philosophy, history, subconciouss, alchemy etc etc. The guy was determined to present to us the vast wisdom of the shamans and the plants they worked with. He had a whole pack of land in Hawaii where he planted those same plants from all over the wolrd to help keep them from extinction.

In one of his experiences he was given a glimpse into the nature of time, by an "alien intelligence", ie. something not within his own mind. He spent years developing this theory, he had help from a distinguished mathematitian and used the scientific method to find/explain/predict the rising and falling amount of novelty present in our world. The whole system was based on the Chinese I-Ching mathematical system of divination, that encodes a lot of sacred geometry and math and is considered by people such as C.G.Jung as being a self-contious entity in itself, capable of giving apparently extremely intelligent answers. This all gave birth to Novelty theory. That theory was based on a mathematical funtion that mapped the I-Chings king Wen sequence, and matched it to the development of mankind. The function was correlated to some initial points in time, regarding the appearence of our civilization, and it was found to match to a lot of historical events.

The interesting thing about it was, it had an ending. It was also placed in 2012, but in a different date. Later when he found out about the Mayan Tzolkin, McKenna correlated the ending of the graph to 21.dec 2012. Now, mind you, his speculation went around a singularity, the machines, AI, and a new collective age of interconnected mankind being born. You may find it funny, SF or stuff, but it is happening as we speak. Only a fraction of people are aware of how powerful the internet can be, how profoundly it can change our world. Some of them are TPTB that want to control this power, others, like McKenna wanted, want to utilize this power.

Now, mind you, what the dipping of the Novelty Function is, is not a literal end of the world per se, although it is acceptable as an extremely novel event. We dont know what it is, but it is something being born. It could be hell on earth, it could be heaven on earth, but things are bound to change, and drasticaly in a very short period of time, following 2012. The dipping of the graph says basicaly, that there are no possible predictions by the I-Ching for that period. That is what allows speculation.

The father of the theory believed it had to do with the multiplication of information and thus knowledge and thus novelty, all facilitated by a collective global mind. I also believe this to be the most transforming possibility.

A question of timing

Note however, that specific date is a needed mathematical barrier, but not in itself so important. It is the changes that lead into 21. dec 2012, that can give a glimpse to the process that is ocuring. Everything is a process, meaning it takes time to manifest. Now, lets look at the birthday of Jesus for example. For 99.999% people living at the time, it was a total nonevent. The next 30 years also. For some, his active years affected their lives, but still for 99.9% they didn`t. Note however, after 2000 years, he is one of the most influential persons in all known history. This is what I expect now as well, for many, many reasons.

Continued shortly...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alythea

I think only if you plant your crops at wrong time, our calendar is far less complicated than the cycle's that the Mayan calender reveled. It's to bad we don't have the reference books, rocks, stones or what ever they were.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

well i would think a Mayan Elder should have more genuine claim to the knowledge than anyone else but what do I know...

He is not parroting any new age stuff, is he saying the opposite as in "us Mayans dont know what will happen, it could happen at anytime, any year so dont worry about it, nothing is going to happen on 2012"

but whatever, nobody seems to care. its all a load of # and on the morning of the 22nd everyone will act like nobody believed it in anyways....all the books, researchers, gurus. lecturers, prophets, it'll just reset and no one will care and just go on believing whatever the next person tells them...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sceptics

Those of you claiming nothing at all will happen, you have already missed the point completely, and cannot see further than your nose. 2012 is already a pivotal year in the history of mankind for many, many things. Lets just get a small taste:

Ever increasing number of scientific/technical advancements

New cures for many diseases, huge advancement in stem cells research & therapy, bionic hands, integration of mind and artificial tools, mind-scanning-reading, new materials being created like a plastics/metals replacement from wood pulp, new propulsions for earth and space travel.. etc etc

I have personally seen or heard of dozens of technologies being developed worldwide that can completely change the way the world looks like, with time.

This year we had the soon leading economy of the world declaring it will transform the country (China) to a booming ecological paradise starting with the next 10 years. This is huge for me, as it in itself could change the world drastically.

Ever increasing possibility of a nuclear WW

If you dont know about this one, you are a stranger to this board.
There have been several cuban crisis equivalent situations during the last 2-3 years, and things have not cooled at all. In fact they are going the other way.

The unavoidable WW3 or the collapse of currencies, or the breakup of Europe, or whatever, is enough to trigger a chain of man-made catastrophies that could litteraly spell the end of the world for many, many millions of people.

Sunspot

There is rising probability of an explosion on the Sun causing havoc on the Earth, it is predicted by models that big activity is coming rather soon, and if a big flare hits us, we are litteraly toast. The UV radiation of the sun is going wild already, this year more than ever due to the failing earth atmospheric/magnetic shield (if I recall correctly). This could also be a huge reset button.

The possibly coming switch of the poles

The poles are moving faster and faster in recent years. And while a few km wouldn't worry you, what should worry you is that this is an exponential function. You can read what means here for example:
survivalretreat.net...
or in this neat video:

Other noted corelations/prophecies

The economic and political developments are showing the breaking down of habitual behaviors, of colonialist policies, starting with the South American heroic nations. Note that this happens just as predicted by native prophecies, and anounced less then 10 years ago by their elders. I remmember their ceremonies in wich some of them have for the first time decented from the Andes, claiming the 500 year period of hell for Natives of America is over.

Papal prophecies by St. Malachi indicate Ratzinger to be the last roman Pope (if I recall correctly).

Ending thoughts

A magnetic reversal is a violent event, that has apparently started to evolve in the last few years. It is good to note, that as magnetic and climactic changes happen, so does the behavior of humans alter en masse. The brain is affected strongly by the magnetic forces in the environment, and this alone would be, in my opinion a new-age-transformation by definition, if it manifests itself one day.

My point is, don't expect drastic things, and don't demand drastic things. Expect change, constant and ever-increasing. If you look for that, you will soon find this year has a dramatic significance.

A Singularity awaits us at the end anyway, so we will surely understand eachother better then than now.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by badnickname

ok, we never stopped inventing things and every new thing seems amazing. The sun spot problem?, well the sun is not in an active state, it is in one of its off periods. The 80´s was a drawn out nuclear winter waiting to happen, it never did. The poles wobble. There is nothing showing that there is anything unusual with their current progression. A pole shift "CAN" happen, but honestly, I CAN spontaneously combust, BUT WONT.

YOU are missing the point. There is nothing special about now. NOTHING. There is nothing I can say to convince you, but this post is in response to you, but for everyone else still in doubt.

There is nothing "special" about this year. Remember your 80´s nuclear war with Russia, your Y2k, your millennia hysteria, remember it all and snap out of it.

This was all made up by cults in the 90´s......dont be a fool.

EDIT:
You want to really feel a change? Don't wait. Do it now. Get up tomorrow and act out this idea you have of harmony and unity. Don't say an ancient calendar you don't understand had anything to do with it. Just do it and don't wait. Be the change you think will happen and stop with the cult mentality.

edit on 3-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OMFG why live in hope and fear, why live in the future, live the moment, happiness and love for existence is NOW! Can you do it?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I do not agree that it is a date unlike any other. September 17th, 1618 was the end of the 12th Bak'Tun, just as Dec 21, 2012 is the end of the 13th Bak'Tun. There are 20 Bak'Tuns in a Pik'Tun, and the 20th Bak'Tun does not end until somewhere around 4722 A.D. Now that will be a milestone, finally hitting that 2nd Bak'Tun.

I just don't see any special significance to the date, however, given the mis-interpretation has been so widespread through certain nations in the world (most notably the U.S.), I could see the date being used as a springboard for man-made calamity, piggy-backing on the "2012 Enigma" to add believability and panic to the equation.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You moron, something is happening. White Americans are fed up with having their country robbed from them, that many have decided to go live underground. Hello, the Ozarks is a reality.

Something is already happening. What, are you all at ATS blind?

I was an auditor for 3 years, and I audited government entities, cities, bonds, HUD money, prisons, you name it, I audited it. I've seen money being channeled to the Ozarks for years.

I don't blame them in the least. I am prepared to die, because I am so disgusted at what has happened in Los Angeles. In case nobody has been paying attention, your government in LA has been robbed, and the media, well, it was also robbed by gangsters. That's why the Ozarks was built. And yes, I worked in entertainment as an Acccounting Manager, etc.....

I wouldn't lie to you. The Ozarks must come to fruition or it will lose credibility in front the othe entire world.

We may all be going to heaven soon. I am not afraid. I have prepared my soul, as well as have prepared to survive.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

ok, we never stopped inventing things and every new thing seems amazing. The sun spot problem?, well the sun is not in an active state, it is in one of its off periods. The 80´s was a drawn out nuclear winter waiting to happen, it never did. The poles wobble. There is nothing showing that there is anything unusual with their current progression. A pole shift "CAN" happen, but honestly, I CAN spontaneously combust, BUT WONT.

You either didnt read my complete posts, or you dont understand what I was trying to say. Either way, your response was inadequate.

The poles dont wobble, they move and switch positions. There is no damn wobble. Now, remmember that exponential function you missed noting, take a look at graphs at these links showing the movement of the poles, then look at the NOAAA data about it:

www.ngdc.noaa.gov...
note the gmap bellow showing its position in 2010.

Or these charts here showing movement only up to 2005/06:
www.grenswetenschap.nl...
www.grenswetenschap.nl...

As for the sun being in its quiet phase:

YOU are missing the point. There is nothing special about now. NOTHING. There is nothing I can say to convince you, but this post is in response to you, but for everyone else still in doubt.

There is nothing "special" about this year. Remember your 80´s nuclear war with Russia, your Y2k, your millennia hysteria, remember it all and snap out of it.

You are full of it, dear sir. And should not throw everyone into a new-age-neo-hippy-naive bucket. Anyone mentioning Y2k and 2012 in the same topic gets a lot of BS points from me.

Originally posted by zedVSzardozThis was all made up by cults in the 90´s......dont be a fool.

And now you display your ignorance and arrogance, you didnt even read my damn posts. I ACTUALY EXPLAINED WHERE IT CAME FROM! Go read it instead of arguing BS advice.
Dear God.
edit on 3-12-2012 by badnickname because: Missed some links

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A quote I read earlier in the thread:

"I don't think the world will end on the 21st, but something WILL happen"!

wow! Amazing!!! But Guess what? "Something" happens everyday, that changes the course of many lives and thus the outcome of the future. But 12/21/ 2012 was touted to be the day that an Extiction Level Event was supposed to happen. Not something subtle. These are the people I am aiming this post at. The ones that sold books and made movies and push an E.L.E saying the world or a good % of it's population will end on this date. I'm Not saying the person who made the above quote was one of those people.

But at this point I'll have more respect to those that will stick to their world WILL End! statements they've been making for the last many years on this site, than I do early backpeddlers, trying to minimize the damage when nothing "significant" happens. Can we get a refund on any money we may have spent buying into this nonsense? Oh wait, I wouldn't get any refund, because I don't buy into nonsense.

Respect to those that admit they we're wrong on the 22nd, when we all wake up like every other day. Most popular excuse..."err well we didn't account for leap-year, and the ayan dte actually passed 6 months ago, Sorries"!

Guess what I have a calendar....actually I've owned many :p, and they always end on December 31st, but the world doesnt end, they just print new calendars. The Mayans however didn't have mass printing capabilities. No one can predict the future, using the stars or any other means except for, making a prediction then making it come to pass by influencing it, which could be something we might see.

The only thing I will accept as this prophecy being fullfilled is a the world wide catastrophy that possibly ends most if not all life, you know the one the 2012 subscribers have been selling (and making nice $$$ from books and movies) for the last few decades. Anything less is a failure for people who pushed this 2012 end of the world scenario, and there will be many warranted "I told you So" threads.

When will we we learn, the future cannot be predicted by looking at the stars, or a crystal ball, or by Sylvia Browne. If you do believe in these things or think you can prove them, go collect your million dollars from the James Randi Foundation, intead of trying to incite mass hysteria,or pretended to heal the sick while taking poor peoples last pennies, or (and here's the worst) telling people their kid is dead when he isn't. Oops! Actually do you really need JR's money when you can charge 700$ or whatever for a 20 min phone reading? Probably not.

But this 2012 Mayan Calendar prediction has been around for sooo long it's different. Uhhmm no it's not. It's just misunderstood. Even if it wasn't , remember the bigger the lie....the more people will believe it.

-Sorry if I've offended anyone but stuff like this really bothers me. People that make money off other peoples fears or desires to say speak to relatives that have passed away are the worst kinds of people out there. Where were all these prophets, and psychics on September 10th 2001????
edit on 3-12-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

dear God,

I read it. It is in and of itself, nonsense.

Yes because defending garbage cultists made up in the 90´s is sane and logical...

Tell ya what. I will respond to you the day after this supposed event happens.....

I will make sure to be arrogant and ignorant when I do.

EDIT:

oh, by the way. I know it is not pseudo science but bear with me. I will try to find a graph of a doomsday event and plug it in to entertain you since actual study is just boring to you...

The Chandler wobble is a small deviation in the Earth's axis of rotation relative to the fixed stars, which was discovered by American astronomer Seth Carlo Chandler in 1891. It amounts to change of about 9 metres (30 ft)[citation needed] in the point at which the axis intersects the Earth's surface and has a period of 433 days. This wobble, or nutation, combines with another wobble with a period of one year, so that the total polar motion varies with a period of about 7 years.

The Chandler wobble is an example of the kind of motion that can occur for a spinning object that is not a sphere; this is called a free nutation. Somewhat confusingly, the direction of the Earth's spin axis relative to the stars also varies with different periods, and these motions (caused by the tidal attraction of the Moon and Sun) are also called nutations, except for the slowest, which is the precession of the equinoxes.

en.wikipedia.org...

As the Earth rotates, it wobbles on its axis like a spinning top. And like a top as it slows down, the planet develops a host of different wobbles, ranging in period from a few minutes to billions of years.

Some of the major wobbles are well studied, such as the 433-day Chandler wobble and the annual wobble, which together can tilt the Earth's axis up to 30 feet from its nominal center. One long-term change alters which point of light deserves to be called the North Star every few millennia.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

AND

Solar minimum is the period of least solar activity in the 11 year solar cycle of the sun. During this time, sunspot and solar flare activity diminishes, and often does not occur for days at a time. The date of the minimum is described by a smoothed average over 12 months of sunspot activity, so identifying the date of the solar minimum usually can only happen 6 months after the minimum takes place. Solar minimums are not generally correlated with changes in climate but recent studies have shown a correlation with regional weather patterns.

Solar minimum is contrasted with the solar maximum, where there may be hundreds of sunspots.
en.wikipedia.org...

We are actually in an extensive solar minimum

What has happened to our sun? NASA’s Heliospheric Team Leader, David Hathaway, says he cannot find another solar minimum in the past that has acted quite like this one that has put out only a few sunspots since Solar Cycle 24 officially began at the end of 2008.

Our sun is so quiet that solar physicists from around the world gathered in September to discuss whether we are entering a period similar to the Maunder Minimum of 1645 to 1715, when for 70 years the sun was spotless and there was a mini-ice age. There was no ACE satellite then, but measurements of beryllium concentrations in ice layers indicate that during the Maunder Minimum, cosmic rays were 2.5 times what they are now. Dr. Hathaway points out that Earth scientists did not start measuring cosmic rays until the beginning of the modern Space Age in the early 1960s, and that for the past five decades, our sun might have been unusually active.
thecosmicheart.blogspot.com.es...

So this happened before...and guess what....the poles didn't shift when it picked back up...

I will be here the day after....and hopefully the fear mongering will be done with as far as the Mayan crap.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

dear God,

I read it. It is in and of itself, nonsense.

Yes because defending garbage cultists made up in the 90´s is sane and logical...

Tell ya what. I will respond to you the day after this supposed event happens.....

I will make sure to be arrogant and ignorant when I do.

EDIT:

oh, by the way. I know it is not pseudo science but bear with me. I will try to find a graph of a doomsday event and plug it in to entertain you since actual study is just boring to you...

The Chandler wobble is a small deviation in the Earth's axis of rotation relative to the fixed stars, which was discovered by American astronomer Seth Carlo Chandler in 1891. It amounts to change of about 9 metres (30 ft)[citation needed] in the point at which the axis intersects the Earth's surface and has a period of 433 days. This wobble, or nutation, combines with another wobble with a period of one year, so that the total polar motion varies with a period of about 7 years.

The Chandler wobble is an example of the kind of motion that can occur for a spinning object that is not a sphere; this is called a free nutation. Somewhat confusingly, the direction of the Earth's spin axis relative to the stars also varies with different periods, and these motions (caused by the tidal attraction of the Moon and Sun) are also called nutations, except for the slowest, which is the precession of the equinoxes.

en.wikipedia.org...

As the Earth rotates, it wobbles on its axis like a spinning top. And like a top as it slows down, the planet develops a host of different wobbles, ranging in period from a few minutes to billions of years.

Some of the major wobbles are well studied, such as the 433-day Chandler wobble and the annual wobble, which together can tilt the Earth's axis up to 30 feet from its nominal center. One long-term change alters which point of light deserves to be called the North Star every few millennia.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Nonsense to one is wisdom to others.

The poles I was discussing were not physical poles, but magnetic poles. I added more links for your viewing pleasure. Thus, again, either you didnt read or you missed the point. I suggest you dont skim instead of reading (when you dislike a post outright), as you might come to wrong conclusions about what you just read.

Sorry, but I find it insulting to discuss this topic in this manner, where I post pages and pages of logicaly constructed text, making a point, and your counter-argument is "its 90ies cults".
There isn't a single cult involved with anything I even remotely suggested as a possible event. So dont expect any more replies from me. Thank you for your reply.

P.S. I dont even believe in "an event", and if you understood my posts you would realize this.
edit on 3-12-2012 by badnickname because: Spelling

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join