It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I Told You So" Thread You May Never Read!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
December 22nd, that was The Day of JNA (EX, FORMER, ETC., AND SO ON...).
On that Day first Yugoslav partizan bigger unit was formed, in 1941.
It was planned for December 21st, but some units were late because of bad weather conditions.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by honested3

The source is: your heart...?

Good luck with that.

Nothing particularly special will happen on Dec 21, 2012. Pretending there's any reason that something will happen on that date just highlights your complete ignorance of the origin of the date and your gullibility.

But then again, if I had to make a list of the most gullible people, it'd start with people that ignore rational thought and instead trust, "their heart".

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sorry, but I can not believe in that End of The World. I am pretty optimist in my life

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnik
Sorry, but I can not believe in that End of The World. I am pretty optimist in my life

The world will DEF end at some point, but not in two and a half weeks.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Cool post! I agree. I too don't think anything apocalyptic will happen either.. however, I do think something will occur in some small city, some small country that will cause a ripple effect - and later cause monumental changes! we as humans are just so naive and ignorant. we live in a world with dwindling resources yet infinite growth of society. you can not sustain infinite growth of society when we have only a finite amount of resources!! Over population, over fishing, pollution, etc.. we have done all this in just 100 years!!!

every civilization has collapsed in the past. tho this time, we are alot more all connected thru global commerce and communications. in the past 100 years we have progressed at a rate never before seen and I don't think people understand the ramifications of this - its going to fast. we are growing to fast to mature as a society at the same rate. individuals can change easily but as a society we are slow to change and often take on a "mob" mentality.. due to this, progress is slow in the realm of socio-political issues..

we actually have people battling over our environment denying that Global Warming exists.. this is insane! even if man only has a 1% chance of changing our climate - we must change. its not worth the risk b/c we've never been in this situation before. if we can change our environment thru pollution or mega construction projects, if we can put a hole in the ozone layer in just 30 years the size of Europe using Hairspray - we can just as easily change the climate!! but the piont that needs to be made is we need to mature and better understand our surroundings.. the rate of technology actually needs to slow down. and of course, so does population growth..

many people don't realize that an additional 100,000,000 people are born every year!!! so in just another 7 to 9 years our population will reach 8 billion. all thru out human history we've relatively stayed around 1.5 billion to 2 billion since the past approx. 2,000 years.. and all of a sudden we have nearly quadruppled that figure in just 100 years - what do you think is going to happen when the **** hits the fan??? since so many people are on this planet - we can see wars unlike anything before.. we can see huge declines in population just b/c the sheer population of people.. more people, more deaths - however, it doesn't mean we still can't exist but b/c of politics and corporations, billions of people still live in hunger when they can all be fed with food and then some!

So, I can see something happening on December 21st on a small scale.. (tho I been having these repetitive dreams of an Alien invasion!! the dreams sure are scary but its probably b/c I watch to much TV, LoL!!) and like i said earlier, it can just be a ripple effect leading to greater change in the not too distant future.. it remains to be seen.. one thing is for certain - this date of Dec. 21st is unlike any other "doomsday" date in the past!!
edit on 3-12-2012 by herbii because: Edited a comment in the last paragraph about this dream I had...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Mayan long count (13 Baktuns) signifies the end of their calendar. Much like December 31 denotes the end of the Gregorian calendar. Just because their calendar has a longer time span than ours doesn't particularly lend credence to an apocalyptic connotation.

Having said that, I hope something strange happens to prove me wrong.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Ok i've read the first 3 pages and decided to stop. This isn't going anywhere it hasn't gone before.

Those who agree and those who don't... the simple fact is the original post was about how that person FELT about the next few weeks up to the 21st. He clearly feels like something is going to happen, but the question is why.

If i have to be 100% honest, i too have felt that something is going to happen (no, not an apocalypse) but i've started to consider why i've been feeling this way. For years i've been doing bits of research here and there on this date and i have never got a straight answer. I can't really see passed the 21st without something happening.. does this mean my brain truly thinks something will occur? No, it's not the rational brain, it's something else that makes me feel that way.

But it's whether this is a true "feeling" or it's fueled by my huge interest of the unknown, prophecy, ancients, UFOs etc i don't know! This could simply be a result of too much research and interest in the topic that's made me feel this way. We'll see when we get to the 22nd. Because i do 100% believe we will see the 22nd. I just don't 100% yet believe NOTHING will happen. I don't know... we'll see.

But keep it cool guys, don't argue and bicker over something that is out of our understanding either way. We can try and prove and debunk it as much as we want. But nobody will ever really know what's going to happen tomorrow let a lone this seemingly "mysterious" date.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Also... Please correct me if i'm wrong.. Id love to know how accurate this is!

The Mayan long count calendar was one based on the 26,000 year procession of the Earth's axial wobble
December 21st (13th Baktun) is the end of a cycle/age (every 5125 years) based on their long count calender.
We are currently in the age of the Jaguar, ending December this year.
Each age apparently ends in a certain way..
It is said that "When the jaguar dies, it's body will shiver and quake"
Some have attributed this to earthquakes?

Like i said, if this info is wrong please let me know. I just read that a while ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

hi everyone, first words on this site, and please, do forgive my english.

i had to put down a few words in reply to this post as i totally recognize myself in you.

whether anything happens at all this very day, it is very clear the world is falling apart. And you don't need any prophetic dream to realize that. Politics all over the world are unveiling their lack of interest in their people. Economy worldwide is collapsing (and fast actually) as a result of the inevitable death of an infinite growing system in a finite world. Nature has had enough herself, giving us hints on what to expect before 2100 (and it doesn't look cool at all) .

I do believe something si going on, and we will have to face it, change our way of life drasticaly, or die with this system. Let's be honest, the industrial era was ingineered to last for about 2 centuries, and the end of it is way overdue.

21st december the end ? stupid commercial pervertion of the original message, and i challenge anyone to find a true mayan wisdom holder to actually say the world will end on this date... these people never said anything like this. And i do suspect the entire system carefully transformed this story into yet another doomsday prophety in order to make it sound ridiculous.

every time i hear "oh yeah, 21st december bull#.. yeahhh right.. the end blablabla"... it's just like if i heard "mmm gangnam style is cool music" ... it's all about #ty commercial and disinformation for sheeps.

and the 22nd of december, we will indeed get all that "i told u so" ... which is really sad, because our civilisation is actually coming to an end, and it doesn't matter if mickey mouse or nostradamus said it... it is FACT.

by the way, nice to meet you all.

David

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Please do not leave this site
we need people like you on here
and I AGREE WITH YOU
Something is going to happen but what i dont know
i to had a dream that i was able to see the universe all of it
it also felt like i was inside my own mind at the same time
and i knew i was asleep but i was talking to myself
or should i say i spoke to myself
it was only these words
i know im not on earth just that

there im not scared to say what i think thanks
before i read your thread i wouldnt of told anyone this thanks
s+f

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

I trade Currencies and some of my indicators act a little funny when I project out past the end of December. nothing out of the ordinary though. But noticeable and a bit odd..

I do tho agree with your point - it just seems like something is in the air. Perhaps, its just a self fulfilling prophecy that soooo many people believe in this, that something will inevitably happen. I'm not psychic but when you read whats been going on in the news - and I know that we have only been witness to this 24 hour news cycle really only the past 10 years with the internet so maybe as humans we haven't yet caught up with this technology in the sense that we don't realize how much it effects our emotions and inspiractions or ideas.. that we see so much violence now b/c its 24/7 from all over the world, that we equate it too "something must be coming".. when in reality it could just be b/c we aren't yet quite use to the sensations of getting the news so fast from all over the world.. however, regardless, my feeling is something still seems to fill the air.. something .....

(I had this theory once when i was a kid.. i would tell everyone it.. as I once heard that "cavemen" like Humans of 30,000 - 50,000 years ago believed that our dreams lead us into an alternate universe or a different reality. A different life sort to speak.. So with that, I conjured up that our imagination can create things.. like if soooo many people think of the same thing, it can create something. such as "ghosts" or the afterlife.. so many people believed this, that our brains evolved into having souls.. I dunno difficult to explain now as it was when I was 10 years old.. LoL!)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just thinking...

Is this the first Mayan calendar (I think the term is Baktun?) that has ended?

If not, were doomsdays/end of worlds predicted for previous Mayan calendars?

If not, why is this particular calendar ending different than the previous?

If other calendars DID predict doomsdays/end of world, obviously they were incorrect as we are all typing here discussing it.

So why should this calendar be any different?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

I've been seeing these claims you make in your post popping up quite frequently recently. To tell the truth I have no idea where they're coming from. As you yourself point out 13 baktuns is equivalent to 5125 years. How this is supposed to tie in to the precession of the equinoxes confuses me. I'm also not sure where this claim regarding the Age of the Jaguar is coming from. According to Mayan creation mythology Man is simply the fourth Creation of the gods. We were deemed to be adequate and as a result the Maya had no belief that another Creation would follow Man. See these previous Creations did not last a set amount of time. They simply lasted until the gods realized they were not adequate. So this belief that December 21, 2012 marks anything other than the end of the 13th baktun and the start of the 14th completely baffles me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I know one thing will happen on the 21st. Obama will hide in his underground bunker, while everyone will wait in fear.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ArbiterOfTheiPhones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArbiterOfTheiPhones
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I know one thing will happen on the 21st. Obama will hide in his underground bunker, while everyone will wait in fear.
edit on 3-12-2012 by ArbiterOfTheiPhones because: (no reason given)

Keep refreshing this page and you'll eventually be proven wrong:

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
if something happens that is so world-ending, or the entire collapse of society happens, no one here on ATS is going to be coming on this site and writing about it. i would think this would be obvious, but i guess not. who in their right mind would give a damn about some conspirecy website, when survival would be our only thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
lol, true, unless we still have internet for a few months. Anyway i doubt we would have to loose everything, including internet right after the 22nd December.

or may be you know something we don't ? because as logical as you sound, i suggest you are just playing with words

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
But lots of people are going to die on December 21st. Lots of people die every day of the year. Why can't the people who bash 12/21/12 understand that the date is a clue to prepare for the increasing catastrophes around the world. As if the news isn't full of turmoil and unusual things happening. Those who prep aren't thinking the world is going to end, they are prepping for catastrophes that could come from many sources, some natural and some economic. The non preppers could be either blind to what the scientific predictions are or possibly thinking the world is going to come to an end. The era we are entering is going to have more violent and unpredictable weather. I never wanted to count on the government for my survival, FEMA can help the ignorant people to survive. I may need FEMA's help if something levels my home and my supplies are wiped out or if there is something that I have not prepared for because it is rare around here. I don't prepare for an earthquake because the area is not earthquake prone. If someone believes the world is going to end and it doesn't, learn to be a better person from the humility you have learned. Same to those who say nothing will happen, if something happens then learn from your Humility. Pull together and help each other, sooner or later a disaster will happen right where you live, peoples perception has been compromised, there are a lot more car accidents these last few years and people seem to be making more mistakes. People are demonstrating more again and are rioting in other countries. It is hard to pin this on just one change we have made to our ways of life.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
God, I can't WAIT for the 22nd!

The sheer amount of excuse-making and backpedaling is going to be off the charts.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
Are there really those who reject the concept of seasons on a "galactic" time scale?

Yes. Probably everyone except yourself and maybe a few dozen people. Wherever did you get this idea?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join